Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Having A New Issue

Since the 9/1/16 update, and today flying after the new 9/13/16 update. I still have the issue of my telemetry data cutting outalong the left column. The GPS/Voltage, Altitude and Distance is still listed, but the information in the boxes goes "blank" after getting out about 900-1000 feet. Same place and circumstances as I have always flown here at and had not cut out issue till about 2,500-3,000 feet out. I still have camera view and control of the H, but all my information goes blank till I get about 200 feet from home, not good!
Also someone told me that the two short antenna wires that protrude from both sides of the H are(theirs) are taped to the underside of the H body, mine never where, How about anyone else? Is you two wire antennas taped to the H body, or just dangling out?
My H fly great and steady hoover and flights, but this loss of telemetry data sucks and is boggling my ming!
Any thoughts? :confused:
Hello, I have exactly the same problem, but just before the FW Update I modified my antennas, taking the two inside the H outside, and the both Inside the ST16 (cus there are 2 inside) outside, and then I made the FW Update, and since then, my telemetry cuts off every time really not far... I thought I made a mistake when mod., checked all again, but now that I Hear you, perhaps isn't it comes from me, but the FW...

Reactions: DroneClone
yuneec Ontario is aware of the range issue which happened when they released the firmware. No ETA on when the problem will be corrected since. it was a piece of code in the firmware that messed it up... i was told there is a way to get back the range but you would lose all the features since they would have to downgrade to the first firmware.

yuneec Ontario is aware of the range issue which happened when they released the firmware. No ETA on when the problem will be corrected since. it was a piece of code in the firmware that messed it up... i was told there is a way to get back the range but you would lose all the features since they would have to downgrade to the first firmware.
I was told last Friday, they are not aware of that issue and to send it in! Typical Yuneec! Mine started on the 9/1/16 updates, Wondering if I should hold off sending it in? I will call them this morning again and see if they can speak wisely and truly for once!:mad:

I was told last Friday, they are not aware of that issue and to send it in! Typical Yuneec! Mine started on the 9/1/16 updates, Wondering if I should hold off sending it in? I will call them this morning again and see if they can speak wisely and truly for once!:mad:

LOL they will not admit there is a problem.... but since i have a inside source with Ontario. **** i knew Yuneec Ontario when they only had 10 people working there

Reactions: DroneClone
LOL they will not admit there is a problem.... but since i have a inside source with Ontario. **** i knew Yuneec Ontario when they only had 10 people working there
10 or a 1000, they are not upfront with their customers! But then who is? !;)

Here is a kit for the H, moving both internal antennas to the outside using tuned antennas and not hanging wires. I have thought of putting both kits on mine, however, I still have a warranty. I have also been informed by Ynueec USA that the 2.24 update was pulled last week for a fix and it should be back in a week or two. I want to give that a chance before voiding my warranty. If I was past the warranty period I would be putting them on now. My H flew solid and went out to 3200 feet prior to the Sep update. Now I have the same issues as the rest. The link to the H kit instructions is below and he will tell you where to get them.

Not all of the CS personnel at Yuneec are at the same level of knowledge and experience. I have also received different levels of explanation. However, on Friday I was able to talk to Andrew who I have talked to in the past. He is very knowledgeable about the H. He related that there was a problem with the 2.24 update and they are expecting a fix within a week or two. His personal recommendation was not to update to the 2.24, in fact he has not updated his personal machine. So from our conversation, I believe (hopefully) that we will have a solution soon. I know that prior to the updates, my H flew strong and solid out as far as 3200 feet. It held firm in strong winds. It is an awesome machine. Because of that, I have faith confidence will return. Hopefully sooner than later.

I would think any company has to be careful at admitting a firmware or change to their product causes a problem… Imagine all the lawsuits that someone could bring… Well, 'THEY KNEW ABOUT THE PROBLEM" … So, tuning the firmware and happily exchanging and fixing a product under warrantee (or not) is the best they can do.

Here is a kit for the H, moving both internal antennas to the outside using tuned antennas and not hanging wires. I have thought of putting both kits on mine, however, I still have a warranty. I have also been informed by Ynueec USA that the 2.24 update was pulled last week for a fix and it should be back in a week or two. I want to give that a chance before voiding my warranty. If I was past the warranty period I would be putting them on now. My H flew solid and went out to 3200 feet prior to the Sep update. Now I have the same issues as the rest. The link to the H kit instructions is below and he will tell you where to get them.

Nice effort and details on the video…But, he really needs to think about zooming in on all the small parts and connections he is making so we can all see the details. Meanwhile we have a "nice" shot of his pen/pencil holder, tape measure, letter holder, monitor, etc…. :)

Reactions: JohnL

Oh…. I already used that video weeks ago from FPV Guy, as reference, to do my upgrade…. Just saying that the other fellow did a great job with the details and commentary but really needed some close ups to where he is plugging in wires and such. HIs last video was nearly an hour and a newbie would have missed 50% of the process since it was so far away from the details of where things are on the circuit boards. :)

Nice effort and details on the video…But, he really needs to think about zooming in on all the small parts and connections he is making so we can all see the details. Meanwhile we have a "nice" shot of his pen/pencil holder, tape measure, letter holder, monitor, etc…. :)
I really prefer the video of Bo Lorentzen...

Not all of the CS personnel at Yuneec are at the same level of knowledge and experience. I have also received different levels of explanation. However, on Friday I was able to talk to Andrew who I have talked to in the past. He is very knowledgeable about the H. He related that there was a problem with the 2.24 update and they are expecting a fix within a week or two. His personal recommendation was not to update to the 2.24, in fact he has not updated his personal machine. So from our conversation, I believe (hopefully) that we will have a solution soon. I know that prior to the updates, my H flew strong and solid out as far as 3200 feet. It held firm in strong winds. It is an awesome machine. Because of that, I have faith confidence will return. Hopefully sooner than later.
Yuneec-USA told me to try to upload the new firmware to H , direct from PC not the SD card and to do the last (9/1/16) ST16 upgrade as there is no newer one with the 9/13/16 upgrade all via the PC to 16/H and see if that corrects the short distance with telemetry loss, anyone try this, or have feel for doing this? I did not know you could?

Reactions: Gregbebs
there is no possible to get corrupt this file for ST16 in SD card as this firmware is encrypted and is decrypted once update begin .
when wouldbe currupted update don't decrypt and don't start
<Key>
TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin
</Key>
<LastModified>2016-09-13T10:05:19.000Z</LastModified>
<ETag>"bd96a302b84d5d0a16e08e6e4d7858ea"</ETag>
<Size>43572823</Size>
<Key>ST16_V3.1.23.yuneec</Key>
<LastModified>2016-09-13T06:20:41.000Z</LastModified>
<ETag>"83e71c9f31be876ad789c74fbe81bfad-7"</ETag>
<Size>413033788</Size>

Last edited:
Yuneec-USA told me to try to upload the new firmware to H , direct from PC not the SD card and to do the last (9/1/16) ST16 upgrade as there is no newer one with the 9/13/16 upgrade all via the PC to 16/H and see if that corrects the short distance with telemetry loss, anyone try this, or have feel for doing this? I did not know you could?
Use the windows gui program

Bill W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx