Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Having A New Issue

Those are actually for rc control and telemetry. The video signal antenna is inside the cgo3+

Bill W.

YIKES! Thanks, Bill.
Hmm, CGO3+ antenna is unidirectional I guess, but the ST-16 Wi-Fi antenna is somewhat directional, right?

I tried my frequency counter and it doesn't pick up a signal from the H. I know there is a good explanation of why a freq counter won't pick it up. Just have to find it.

Steve,
Do you have equipment to read output power?
Mine peaks at 900Mhz.
I am curious if the last two updates lowered the power outputs.

YIKES! Thanks, Bill.
Hmm, CGO3+ antenna is unidirectional I guess, but the ST-16 Wi-Fi antenna is somewhat directional, right?
Its a clover leaf. If you remove the front cover and you can see it.

Bill W.

Remember to keep the ST-16 antenna in the same orientation as the ones on the H.
The H antennas hang straight down, (Vertical orientation) your ST-16 antenna should be vertical all the time too. If you hold the ST-16 flat with the antenna sticking up from the top it will be in a Horizontal orientation and you could loose up to 60% of the performance. It should be straight up and down no matter what way you hold the ST-16.

place both antennas at 45* and when you hold the ST16 it will be the correct orientation.

Every one here is speaking about flying 2000 to 3000 feet.

In my country it is simple, the law states that you need to keep your bird visible. If you cannot see him visualy then you are flying outside the law and can be heavy reprimanded. Even losing your licence ...

Yes in my country you need a drone pilot licence to fly your drone (not commerciale). The Max height is 45m. distance let say around 300m (if you loose him visualy you are too far).
Those licences are not free first you need to follow a 2 day course (price 956 euro), then you need to take a practical exam (price 206 euro), then a assurance for flying drones with a weight till 5kg (price 80 euro) and of course you need a drone registration (price 128 euro). With this licence you may not earn any money it is simply that you can fly. If you do not do this the only place you may fly is on a RC plane airfield.

Conerning the TPH: i never had any real big problem with my TPH advanced, except loosing video wifi connection while raising or lowering the landing gear. I have a European version (firmware). Even the latest update 2.24 did not help this.

Marnix
Hi Marnix, seems a good idea that license! As far as the WiFi dropout is concerned, I have found that if you start the ST16, let it fully boot, then the H with the ST16 quite close to it (say 30 cm) the WiFi doesn't drop when raising the gear. If I try the same with the ST 16 about 5m away from the H, the video drops on raising the gear. It seems that you get a better channel the closer it is. Give it a go and see if that also works for you too; I hope it does. Cheers. Chris.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis