Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HD 120 fps... Horrible !!!

Full auto

That sucks. I was hoping you'd say it was on manual mode. My first flight was with it on 1080p/120fps, manual mode. Image quality was crap - dark and aliased. I figured it was because it was overcast and dark, and because it was in manual mode.

I did a little research and found that it appears to be a known bug that can be corrected with a firmware update. If/when that will happen is anyone's guess.

On my H Pro with RealSense, problem is the same. Footage with 60 or 120 FPS is just horrible, unusable at all. I see this thread is started months ago and yet problem is not solved.
My card is microSDHC 32 GB Samsung PRO Plus Class 10, UHS-I, UHS-Class 3.

On my H Pro with RealSense, problem is the same. Footage with 60 or 120 FPS is just horrible, unusable at all. I see this thread is started months ago and yet problem is not solved.
My card is microSDHC 32 GB Samsung PRO Plus Class 10, UHS-I, UHS-Class 3.

Which version of firmware are you running? 120fps was fixed (and is very good) on the current firmware release (2.25 - updates camera to v3.2.16). I use Samsung SD cards and they've been fine with the H.

For those folks complaining about video quality, how many of you complaining are using a U3 rated card? If you are not using a U3 that is probably your issue. I noticed one of you is using a U1 card that is the reason for your problem. The documentation states that you should use a U3 card for 4K and it is also best for 120 frame rate. I think this is an example once again whereby Yuneec is taking blame for an end user issue. I won't even go into those who try to playback video with high frame rates or 4k resolution on a Mac Mini or something equally under performing and blame Yuneec for "choppy" video. You should be willing to invest in the proper equipment for capture and playback. I have zero playback or capture problems but it comes at a price. I'm using thunderbolt raid arrays for playback and editing and a twelve core computer and things run very smoothly for capture I use U3 2000X cards and again no issues. I wish you all well but I think you need to recognize that utilizing these formats requires heavy lifting and more than a home computer or laptop.

Which version of firmware are you running? 120fps was fixed (and is very good) on the current firmware release (2.25 - updates camera to v3.2.16). I use Samsung SD cards and they've been fine with the H.
Oh, sorry, my bad. True, I didn't tried after I installed firmware 2.25 as it didn't stated anywhere that this is fixed.

I also find that 120fps playback is bad on my home PC - it has an old graphics card and cannot cope with 120fps or 4K video. You need an up to date machine to playback high bandwidth files. Alternatively, you can use ffmpeg to convert the files to slower/smaller video.

smarray.JPG One thing which might help some of you on slower machines is to convert your codec (compress decompress) from MP4 to a codec which is not so compressed before you try viewing or editing. The rub there is that many of you will not want to wait while this process takes place on your older computers. MP4 is more of a capture codec and not a viewing or editing codec the latter would be considerably less compressed and therefore less effort for your computer to display properly. Attached is my computer set-up with two 12 core macs (the older 12 core "cheese grater") is used for stills the new MacPro 12 core is for video editing. The 4 Promise Pegasus arrays have 24 terabytes ea. I edit on three monitors two 30 in and one 24 in. for preview.

I've just updated from 2.23 to 2.25 for just this reason, thanks, yes the horrible 120fps has been fixed, good to have it in the toolbox now. - the 60fps also seems better!

Reactions: Rayray
I've just updated from 2.23 to 2.25 for just this reason, thanks, yes the horrible 120fps has been fixed, good to have it in the toolbox now. - the 60fps also seems better!

The last few updates have made a real difference to the camera. The auto modes are better, the video quality seems better and the few real issues like 120fps have been fixed. Unfortunately that means I have no excuse for producing terrible films :) Maybe I need a rig like @Mickeyboo ? :)

The last few updates have made a real difference to the camera. The auto modes are better, the video quality seems better and the few real issues like 120fps have been fixed. Unfortunately that means I have no excuse for producing terrible films :) Maybe I need a rig like @Mickeyboo ? :)
The trash can mac I would love, looking at the prices, they don't seem to have moved form when it was released, maybe soon they will have a new one out and these will be reasonable 2nd hand.

OMG. Guess you don't have any problems heating that room up during the winter, do you chief?;)
That is indeed nice during a Wisconsin winter...I think I get the most off the monitors...they are kept unplugged when not in use despite back-up power supply
which will allow for 30 to 45 minutes without AC power

I filmed yesterday in 120 FPS and I don't see any improvements. Video still looks like low resolution.

Probably more like his knowledge and experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox