Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been lurking around the forums for a while, it's been a superb resource for info and I like the fact that it's got global reach here.

I'm an ex-military fast jet pilot in the UK, who now runs an aviation consultancy firm with a bias towards training, instructing and examining. I teach on behalf of a couple of UK CAA NQEs for the award of Permissions for Commercial Operations for SUAS pilots, and I carry out flight exams for the PfCO award too.

I spent most of my previous career as an instructor and examiner. When I flew military RPAS, I became one of the most senior qualified flying instructors with unmanned experience, and helped design the template for how formal military flying instruction was carried out on unmanned aircraft. Before leaving, I was the fleet's chief instructor. I've got a lot of experience in training design, syllabus building, regulation development and so on.

Thanks to that background, a lot of my work is advising large companies who want to start working with UAVs, including CAE and Northrup Grumman. I love the small UAS work though, and absolutely love being able to teach and train people, hopefully making them better pilots!

I fly recreationally as well as professionally, and my fleet includes 2 Typhoon Hs, a Breeze, a Phantom 3A, an Inspire 1, a Mavic Pro, a Skye Intelligence Orbit, and a couple of odd home-builds including a Dragold 400. I'm newly into FPV flying, and have a ZMR250 home build, a Holybro Shuriken 250, a TBS Vendetta, and a Tiny Whoop & Eachine QX80 pair for when the British weather gets involved!

I'm really looking forward to getting more involved here. I don't claim to know everything at all, but I hope I can add a few useful things especially for UK based guys interested in PfCO training.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
Welcome to the forum.
Looks like you have a ton of real life experience to offer to our forum. I have already enjoyed your Breeze review.
Although I am in the USA, thank you for your service.

Hello all,

I've been lurking around the forums for a while, it's been a superb resource for info and I like the fact that it's got global reach here.

I'm an ex-military fast jet pilot in the UK, who now runs an aviation consultancy firm with a bias towards training, instructing and examining. I teach on behalf of a couple of UK CAA NQEs for the award of Permissions for Commercial Operations for SUAS pilots, and I carry out flight exams for the PfCO award too.

I spent most of my previous career as an instructor and examiner. When I flew military RPAS, I became one of the most senior qualified flying instructors with unmanned experience, and helped design the template for how formal military flying instruction was carried out on unmanned aircraft. Before leaving, I was the fleet's chief instructor. I've got a lot of experience in training design, syllabus building, regulation development and so on.

Thanks to that background, a lot of my work is advising large companies who want to start working with UAVs, including CAE and Northrup Grumman. I love the small UAS work though, and absolutely love being able to teach and train people, hopefully making them better pilots!

I fly recreationally as well as professionally, and my fleet includes 2 Typhoon Hs, a Breeze, a Phantom 3A, an Inspire 1, a Mavic Pro, a Skye Intelligence Orbit, and a couple of odd home-builds including a Dragold 400. I'm newly into FPV flying, and have a ZMR250 home build, a Holybro Shuriken 250, a TBS Vendetta, and a Tiny Whoop & Eachine QX80 pair for when the British weather gets involved!

I'm really looking forward to getting more involved here. I don't claim to know everything at all, but I hope I can add a few useful things especially for UK based guys interested in PfCO training.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Looking forward to learning from you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval