Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help pleaaassseeee!

Reaction score
OK... so I had my first real stupid operator error crash. More like a fall... anyhow..."land it on the snowmobile trailer they said.... it will be find they said...."

Needless to say.... I tried.... it back flipped off the trailer after bouncing off the spare tire.... flipped backwards (nice summersault btw) hits the trucks bumper breaking 3 blades and pops the camera off so it's holding by one of the 4 grommets and the connection wire.

I put it back on, changed the blades and fired it back up.

It starts fine and the camera initializes but won't right itself and just beeps. It shows on the st10 the picture and it looks fine...

So I took the outer camera housing off to see if there were any obvious broken wires.... nuttin that I can see.

Can anyone of you wise folks help me out with what could be the issue?

Much appreciated.
CT

When your CGO3 beeps, you have a diconnected wire of a sensor or motor.

There a differnet beep-codes for the connectors on the gimbal board.

Thanks s
When your CGO3 beeps, you have a diconnected wire of a sensor or motor.

There a differnet beep-codes for the connectors on the gimbal board.

Thank you so much for the quick reply and the video!

I took it apart upto the sensor panel...but I'm not seeing any obvious disconnection or wire damage.

Do I take the panel off too?

It gives me three long beeps followed by two short ones.

Your only chance to repair it by yourself, you have to check all wires.
The wire length is limited, and when the camera crashes it is possible
it turn over and cut off one or more wires.

I do not believe it is the same problem like in the video. He said: beeeeep beeeeep beeeeep .... beep

When I repaired my camera, I have realiesed there are different beep-codes for the
wires at the gimbal-board. If one is missing / not connected, the board beeps and
the gimbal will not work.

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
Your only chance to repair it by yourself, you have to check all wires.
The wire length is limited, and when the camera crashes it is possible
it turn over and cut off one or more wires.

I do not believe it is the same problem like in the video. He said: beeeeep beeeeep beeeeep .... beep

When I repaired my camera, I have realiesed there are different beep-codes for the
wires at the gimbal-board. If one is missing / not connected, the board beeps and
the gimbal will not work.

Thanks for replying.....

I'm going to tackle this with fresh eyes in the morning!

Guessing the camera feels "Free" when you try to move it by hand ?
Yes, a broken wire can cause the issues your having.
There are videos on You Tube that show you how to take the camera apart and it's not hard to do. I've done it twice and made repairs myself after my own misfortunes. Mine still works great.
Not that it matters as to the camera but curious.....Did you fly the Q after the crash ? Hope it flies okay.
Keep us updated and good luck,
Jafo

Guessing the camera feels "Free" when you try to move it by hand ?
Yes, a broken wire can cause the issues your having.
There are videos on You Tube that show you how to take the camera apart and it's not hard to do. I've done it twice and made repairs myself after my own misfortunes. Mine still works great.
Not that it matters as to the camera but curious.....Did you fly the Q after the crash ? Hope it flies okay.
Keep us updated and good luck,
Jafo
The weather has been too snotty since the crash so I haven't had a chance to get it airborne.

We did find a few wires that were off and soldered them back but it's still beeping and won't self-right.

I'm going to take one more view tomorrow incase there's a missed wire but I'm thinking I'll have to find a professional or at least someone with more experience than us.
Hopefully this won't cost me a huge amount.

Hope Santa was good to everyone.... I got another lump of coal. Lol

I have been down this road before Cranky. Don't think you are going to be able to fix it yourself. Sending it back to Yuneec for a fix from Canada will cost you big time. 80 bucks an hour US funds once it gets there only to tell you its not fix able. You choice but if it was me I would say look on ebay and find a cheap replacement but that just me saying that.
Hopefully it all works out for you.
Good luck finding a expert (professional)

Hope Santa was good to everyone.... I got another lump of coal. Lol

Doggone, still no luck, huh? Maybe agustine will volunteer to take a look. He's a professional, a Mod on another forum, and does not live too far away from you.

Canada is a big country Ray, bigger then Texas. Would love to help my fellow Canadian out but I'm afraid it would be a two day drive from where I live. Better you help out and we will all learn from your wisdom.
looking forward to your solution so I can share it on the other forum.

400 miles a 2 day drive?
Why don't you use your Canadian flag, everyone knows who you are?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece