Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help please. Gimbal rubber mounts.

Reaction score
I've searched through the forum but I can't find an answer to this question. I have just purchased the Typhoon H with intelisense. I've not flown it yet. I notice that two of the rubber gimbal mounts are not installed correctly. On examination I managed to disconnect the other too. OK, I'm an idiot but I thought it was going to be fairly easy to refit them. I was wrong. The two without the pins went back after some fiddling but I can't get the other two back in place. I did look at a youtube video but this was for the 500. The H plate does not have any access to the top holes from the outside. You have to fit the mounts in the top first and then try to get them into the lower plate. I've tried right angled pliers, and an allen key with a ball end to try and push and pull them through. I've just given up and come here for help.

It also seems that there is no way to remove the pins from the top plate, buy I maybe wrong on this.

A

I've searched through the forum but I can't find an answer to this question. I have just purchased the Typhoon H with intelisense. I've not flown it yet. I notice that two of the rubber gimbal mounts are not installed correctly. On examination I managed to disconnect the other too. OK, I'm an idiot but I thought it was going to be fairly easy to refit them. I was wrong. The two without the pins went back after some fiddling but I can't get the other two back in place. I did look at a youtube video but this was for the 500. The H plate does not have any access to the top holes from the outside. You have to fit the mounts in the top first and then try to get them into the lower plate. I've tried right angled pliers, and an allen key with a ball end to try and push and pull them through. I've just given up and come here for help.

It also seems that there is no way to remove the pins from the top plate, buy I maybe wrong on this.

A
OK, I'm still an idiot. I found a video in one of the threads right after I posted this.

Reactions: CC Rider
In which you likely found the top plate is not actually a plate at all, but a cover that can be removed without use of tools beyond a long fingernail or a small flat bladed screwdriver. Once removed you have access to the upper gimbal mount at all the vibration dampers. The cover snaps back in place when the work is done and it only fits one way. You're not an idiot, but was just a little short on knowledge. Some might have discontinued searching for more videos after not finding what they needed in the first one. Good job finding the videos:)

I'm not sure if the video shows how to get the bumpers back on but I found that the easiest way is to use floss. Just one wrap around the bumper and pull both ends of the floss through. Takes me about 10 seconds. Vertigo drones has a repair kit that comes with the plate, bumpers, and pins with connectors. The connectors are much easier to use than the ones that came stock with my TH.

Reactions: CockneyUSA
Very simple to do as foxs1 said just wrap a couple turns off floss around the top of the bumper then put the 2 two ends through the hole where it fits sqeeze it together gently and pull the floss through the hole and it will pop into place.I always carry a piece of floss with me when flying (just in case).Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval