Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with choice of P4 or TH

The DJI people are still laughing at the orange color and once they gather themselves together, they will look at the Sales numbers and see if it infringes on any of their patents!
That X-Star looks exactly like a Phantom. With a removable camera no less! When is DJI going to file their patent infringement against them! :D

Reactions: DroneClone
That X-Star looks exactly like a Phantom. With a removable camera no less! When is DJI going to file their patent infringement against them! :D
Isn't that the truth? When DJI saw what Yuneec had coming down the pike with the H, it stands to reason that they would forsee a major erosion into their market share; not sure the X-Star could hurt them that much. DJI's major claim is that key personnel left their company and took proprietary information with them to Yuneec.

From all I have seen about both birds I would choose the Autel over the Phantom. The video looks good, lower cost and the modes it has are what I would use.

The TH is a interesting bird for sure and will be a competitor to the DJI Phantom birds.

I am here for the same things you are like the 6 motors, retractable landing gear, 360 camera.

But that is where the excitement ends and those features will wear off fast.

The integrated controller is good for a grab and go fly but lacks the versatility of using
the screen size and features that you want. My favorite is the iPad mini with retina display
but many prefer the larger screen size of the pro or an Android tablet.

And here is the biggy for me, no third party app's that are evolving on a daily basis that
offer features that Yuneec will never match.

My favorites are FPV camera/way point app where I can plot my missions off line and then upload
it to the Phantom for an autonomous flight.

Airnest app where I can draw a path on my iPad with my finger and upload to Phantom and it will fly it.

And the many other app's I use like Vertical, Autopilot, Drone Deploy mapping app, Panorama app's, and
many others.

If I buy an H I just might have to keep my Phantom for the serous work.

The TH is a interesting bird for sure and will be a competitor to the DJI Phantom birds.

I am here for the same things you are like the 6 motors, retractable landing gear, 360 camera.

On the contrary these are the most important features of the H and are its major major PLUS. I am positive all other drones will have to follow. That is of course if you use it as a camera platform only. IMHO

The integrated controller is good for a grab and go fly but lacks the versatility of using
the screen size and features that you want. My favorite is the iPad mini with retina display
but many prefer the larger screen size of the pro or an Android tablet.

And here is the biggy for me, no third party app's that are evolving on a daily basis that
offer features that Yuneec will never match.

My favorites are FPV camera/way point app where I can plot my missions off line and then upload
it to the Phantom for an autonomous flight.

Airnest app where I can draw a path on my iPad with my finger and upload to Phantom and it will fly it.

And the many other app's I use like Vertical, Autopilot, Drone Deploy mapping app, Panorama app's, and
many others.

If I buy an H I just might have to keep my Phantom for the serous work.

You've posted the same message on 2 other forums. Are you looking for someone to convince you otherwise? Or are you just spreading your message of Typhoon H inferiority?

Honestly curious what your intentions are.

Reactions: raymond captuo
My 2 cents....Have own(ed) 4 dji phantoms.. P2 vision was #1 learned to fly Bought a P2 vision plus 3.0... Flew both of them for a year.. NO issues

Bought a P3 pro.. Was great until first software update...Then the cracked body issues (didn't have that problem but was always scared) then the usb board went bad.. DJI service when i was trouble shooting was huh.. gee it should not do that...Ok bought a P3 standard.. sold the p2 vision then the p2 v+ to re-coop some cash.. Ok flying the p3s no issues... Finally i bought a new hdmi usb board and put it in myself.. it works!.. yea..(thanks DJI for nothing)
. Ok flying again.. now with the latest software update... wouldn't take.. try try try.. finally takes... ok flying again.. now read about them dropping out of the sky with battery issues.. ****.. ok I'll fly the p3s for awhile..

ok new software update battery issue fixed flying again.... now me thinks i should try the typhoon h and dump the p3p while its working.. ok sell the p3p and like the rest of the world i'm waiting for the h..Still flying the p3 standard through updates no issues..

Morale of my story is i'd rather wait months for the H then to take a chance everytime i fly with a DJI product.. now the P4 is out so fast cause the p3 was a nightmare!

Rather fly a paper airplane than any dji p4 in my humble opinion... Now if the typhoon is what its supposed to be... time will tell..

From the videos so far it looks like the curved cable mode is a point of interest mode with a different name. One of the videos also showed the tester using a larger screen that was more than likely attached via the HDMI output and attached to the controller with stand off arms (probably of prototype DIY build) so his claim that he likes a larger better screen is moot. The follow me mode using the wizard is really cool because now you dont need an iPhone or similar piece of equipment to lug around, just throw the wizard in your pocket or strap it to your arm and off you go...up to at least 40 mph.

You've posted the same message on 2 other forums. Are you looking for someone to convince you otherwise? Or are you just spreading your message of Typhoon H inferiority?

Honestly curious what your intentions are.

Defiantly both, yes both for sure, I think BOTH!

and it was one other forum.

My 2 cents....Have own(ed) 4 dji phantoms.. P2 vision was #1 learned to fly Bought a P2 vision plus 3.0... Flew both of them for a year.. NO issues

Bought a P3 pro.. Was great until first software update...Then the cracked body issues (didn't have that problem but was always scared) then the usb board went bad.. DJI service when i was trouble shooting was huh.. gee it should not do that...Ok bought a P3 standard.. sold the p2 vision then the p2 v+ to re-coop some cash.. Ok flying the p3s no issues... Finally i bought a new hdmi usb board and put it in myself.. it works!.. yea..(thanks DJI for nothing)
. Ok flying again.. now with the latest software update... wouldn't take.. try try try.. finally takes... ok flying again.. now read about them dropping out of the sky with battery issues.. ****.. ok I'll fly the p3s for awhile..

ok new software update battery issue fixed flying again.... now me thinks i should try the typhoon h and dump the p3p while its working.. ok sell the p3p and like the rest of the world i'm waiting for the h..Still flying the p3 standard through updates no issues..

Morale of my story is i'd rather wait months for the H then to take a chance everytime i fly with a DJI product.. now the P4 is out so fast cause the p3 was a nightmare!

Rather fly a paper airplane than any dji p4 in my humble opinion... Now if the typhoon is what its supposed to be... time will tell..

You have to consider that DJI outsells other drones 10 to 1 so ya you here the bad on the forums.

Yuneec has plenty of negative feedback on there forum even with there smaller sales.

I own standard and advanced models and always welcome firmware upgrades that add features and fixes and never had an issue with them when done correctly.

You have to consider that DJI outsells other drones 10 to 1 so ya you here the bad on the forums.

Yuneec has plenty of negative feedback on there forum even with there smaller sales.

I own standard and advanced models and always welcome firmware upgrades that add features and fixes and never had an issue with them when done correctly.
Then may I ask , WHY ! , are you lingering around on this forum? if you are sold on DJI's? I own DJI's too, I am also satisfied with my experiences with them, but I am not on here trying to sell them and I want a new experience and platform to fly with. Can I ask you if you have/are planning to order a H ?

Reactions: n3srj
Then may I ask , WHY ! , are you lingering around on this forum? if you are sold on DJI's? I own DJI's too, I am also satisfied with my experiences with them, but I am not on here trying to sell them and I want a new experience and platform to fly with. Can I ask you if you have/are planning to order a H ?

Beat me to asking the same question... DC

Jimmyleee Just because one sells more does that justify their piss poor service.... quality control....software engineering...Me thinks not? And if you haven't had any problems yet.. GREAT.... but beware there coming ....someday....when you least expect it...

Reactions: DroneClone
i sold my p3 before the p4 came out and i got top dollar for it....but i have to say i've had not had a problem with the three phantoms that i owned....i too am looking for a different platform as i got tired of the phantom line....i was hoping that the p4 was going to a completely different design....but to me it looks the same.....

I've been Phantom user since the original Phantom without the gimbal, had the P2 and then the P3 Pro. Agree with someone earlier when they said the lack of third party apps is a disadvantage as I have used many apps on the P3 Pro and particularly like Autopilot.

But I am looking at the Typhoon H for serious work, because 6 props and a retractable landing gear with 360 camera is far superior to the Phantom and the inbuilt flight modes are really all you need for good results ('m not a waypoint flyer, just don't get the appeal).

So I am getting the Typhoon H for serious work and keeping the old P3 Pro for short trips and a bit of fun until the arm cracks or a motor locks up.

I would get the Typhoon H.

Both birds are being debated and compared here and on the DJI forums, that's what there for.

After the full docs are out on the H and some positive reviews I may very well buy an H.

I would bet from what I have seen here that half the people here started out with DJI
and are now looking to explore different options.

I was also looking at the Airdog drone. A year ago it looked pretty good but still
not released and it has now become outdated and over priced.

Chill out: You will have your toy soon enough.

I'll buy the H through Amazon so I can return it easy and get a P4 if I am disappointed.

i sold my p3 before the p4 came out and i got top dollar for it....but i have to say i've had not had a problem with the three phantoms that i owned....i too am looking for a different platform as i got tired of the phantom line....i was hoping that the p4 was going to a completely different design....but to me it looks the same.....
It is basically the "same" just more toys on it, that I as a film person, do not need!

Both birds are being debated and compared here and on the DJI forums, that's what there for.

After the full docs are out on the H and some positive reviews I may very well buy an H.

I would bet from what I have seen here that half the people here started out with DJI
and are now looking to explore different options.

I was also looking at the Airdog drone. A year ago it looked pretty good but still
not released and it has now become outdated and over priced.

Chill out: You will have your toy soon eno ugh.

I'll buy the H through Amazon so I can return it easy and get a P4 if I am disappointed.
I am perfectly Chilled Out, Jimmylee, which is much better than being Hot towards everyone all the time, who have a difference of choice and opinion than yourself!
By the way, to kids they are "Toys" to me it is a profession and livelihood !

I am perfectly Chilled Out, Jimmylee, which is much better than being Hot towards everyone all the time, who have a difference of choice and opinion than yourself!
By the way, to kids they are "Toys" to me it is a profession and livelihood !

You need to chill dude, your argue with people who don't agree with you.
Your calling Yuneec everyday trying to get a shipping date.
If you want a professional bird this is not it.
You should have your toy by next month maybe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio