Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with higher quality video

Reaction score
Hello forum members,
I have not had much time to use my new drone which I was gifted at Christmas due to a very wet winter.
I was able to shoot a quick video of my favorite winery a few months ago though. But, can anyone tell me why the video gets glitchy and needs to focus every few feet the drone moves? I have everything set on auto in the video. Any help? It really looks auto of focus.

Doesn't the drone automatically shoot in 1080? How do I change it?

It says it is set for 1080. I have only took a few videos and just directly uploaded them to YouTube via the st16 controller. Maybe that is the problem. I know the compression looks like crap. Do you recommend any video editing apps for Apple?

Video off the controller is only 720 and lower quality meant as a preview... the video files written to the camera's sd card
are where the full resolution files are. Plus when uploaded to YT, they are are recompressed, further reducing quality.
As far as your original shooting, you are panning too fast... which is contributing to the digital breakup you are seeing.

The videos stored in the st16 are a very low quality 720 and should never be used for anything except playing a video back in the controller itself for preview/review purposes, always use the video from the sd card. and if your computer can handle it, i would record at the highest possible 4k res.

To set your camera resolution, turn on the controller and the H, select the video camera setting then go to the camera settings button (the little gear lower right on st16 screen) there you will be able to select from several resolution settings. you should test video recordings in the different modes to see how your computer handles playback and editing, My old p.c. couldnt handle video with a resolution above 1080p, a new p.c. solved that problem.

Thanks everyone. I have all apple devices in my home and that was why I uploaded from the st16. Sounds like I need to pick up a lightning sd card reader tomorrow. Thank you! This drone is still very new to me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1