Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. OnTheRopes

EASA's Prototype Commision Regulation on Unmanned Aircraft Operations will destroy the European drone industry by limiting drones to 50m and 100m away from the operator in hardware! Homebuilt model aircraft and drones to be limited to 250g!

banned user likes this.
  2. martins

3. OnTheRopes

I think it is a mistake not to be concerned about this. You have until mid October to get your objections in.

TopFlightTexas likes this.
  4. martins

5. OnTheRopes

Well we aren't out yet and if some have their way we never will! The sooner the better in this case

6. Graham

Martins, this is a European draft, all the countries in the EU. :eek:

7. Tuna

Most EU regulation is initially written to 'test the water'. They can't get it right for all nations, so they put down some severe numbers and see who objects and how much. That means that now is the time to write to your European representative and talk to them.

#8 Tuna, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  8. Brandon Lowe

Wow these rules would suck and kill the drone market in the EU for sure. Who thinks this crap up?

9. OnTheRopes

Some Eurocrat who clearly hasn't a clue

Niels Bogstad likes this.
  10. OnTheRopes

Exactly this. Ignore it at your Peril, and don't assume because you are in the UK we will not have this inflicted on us because we are almost certain to continue operating under the EASA

11. Merlin

The CAA spent a lot of time and resources getting the rules to where they are now. It seems crazy to see all that work go down the pan along with our drones!

12. Reasty

Totally agree these rules would more or less kill the drone and model aircraft industry in Europe and as someone who flys both drones and model aeroplanes and enjoys it very much I feel this is just another step in taking away peoples enjoyment and freedom,why are they trying to destroy a very innovative,creative,lucrative and growing industry instead of embracing it,no one in there right mind would pay hundreds or even thousands of pounds for what is essentially a flying camera to only be able to fly it at 50 metres it makes the whole idea of flying cameras pointless,we live in sad times where health and saftey rules over good old common sense,a handful of idiots have pretty much ruined it for everyone. :(:mad:

13. banned user

My Irish MEP's have been contacted!

#14 banned user, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    OnTheRopes and Rayray like this.
  14. Marnix Verschraegen

Registering a drone in my country costs 128 euro

kind regards
    Marnix

15. Merlin

Where are you?

16. OnTheRopes

This is not really about cost of registering though. It is about restriction of use.

17. Reasty

Spoke to my bmfa representative yesterday and he assured me they are going to do everything they can to stop this from happening,the CAA (U.K.) are largely pro model flying so hopefully a compromise will be worked out with the EASA ,a registration system seems the sensible option and would largely make people take some kind of responsibility,I would certainly accept this if it means I can continue to fly my models.

18. OnTheRopes

It's good to hear BMFA is going to fight this. I am not a modeller (though I am a BMFA member) and we need some big guns, I just hope they don't forget the uav flyers. I am not against registration and I am not against restricting altitude or distance for kids flying toy drones but for professionals and enthusiasts it is un workable and wil kill the industry. Meanwhile until new models come out with bult in restrictions the law abiding will have to give up and the law breaking will just carry on regardless

keiths likes this.
  19. keiths

It would probably rather than control the issue of irrespsonible flying make those law abiding break the stupid law, also in reality not enforceable.