Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Home mode

Reaction score
Quick question regarding the home mode. How close are you guys getting the TH to land where it took off using home? I was under the impression that it would be super close to where it took off from but it's landing anywhere from 15-20 feet from take off point.. is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will stay about that distance from the st16. So if you are standing really close to take off point it will not land on that point

Bill W.

RTH is only as accurate as the fix your TH had when it took off and the fixes it gets on the way home.

GPS is a long way from perfect. The longer you wait before you launch the better.

RTH puts the bird in a modified Smart Mode and actually has nothing to do with the launch point. It is flying back to the ST16 (or the last known location of the ST16). It will land around 25' from the ST16 in the line of flight. Wherever the ST16 is moved during flight or during RTH that is going to determine the landing zone. If you move the controller during landing the H is going to follow that movement so don't walk toward the H until it is on the ground and the motors are off. Most pilots who have used RTH to get the H back home will switch to Angle mode and land manually. This is especially important if the landing zone has trees or buildings.

Mine lands within 3 feet of the launch location - consistently. With the latest firmware installed. Angle mode. Smart mode will make a difference.

Mine lands within 3 feet of the launch location - consistently. With the latest firmware installed. Angle mode. Smart mode will make a difference.

Yours lands by itself in Angle Mode? Doggone, mine won't do that. Cool beans...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss