Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Home switch crash

Reaction score
I bought the typhoon h pro realsense Friday and crashed it on the first flight! I took it up about 12-15 feet and then flipped the home switch to test it in comparison to my q500 4k. It was in turtle mode. Instead of coming down gently it shot straight up into the air and then took an immediate left turn into a tree. Anyone else have issues like this? Yuneec was awesome enough to send me a shipping label and I assume they will be fixing it but I am more than a bit concerned!

The manual (and my experience) says if RTH is initiated below 33 feet the H will climb to 33 feet. RTH altitude is programmable now.

In RTH the H will land 13-26' from the pilot. When you initiated RTH at 12 feet it may have tried to climb to 33 feet then fly outside the Smart circle.

Last edited:
Reactions: JQCitizen
The manual (and my experience) says if RTH is initiated below 33 feet the H will climb to 33 feet. RTH altitude is programmable now.

In RTH the H will land 13-26 from the pilot. When you initiated RTH at 12 feet it may have tried to climb to 33 feet then fly outside the Smart circle.
Exactly. But the circle is actually darn close to 26'. If you want to test RTH you should fly at least 100' away and maybe 50' high.
In addition, RTH uses the GPS coords of the ST16 and the H to determine the flight path. On a first flight it is entirely possible the GPS fix wasn't exact. It takes at least 12.5 minutes for a precise fix if the last flight was over 1000 miles away. That would be the case with a new machine.

+1.........How many time are we going to hear this.
How about reading manuals first. Then read forums. Then fly.
Know what a switch will do before you touch it!!!!!

Reactions: JulesTEO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone