Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Horror typhoon h

Why are we talking about quad copters on an H thread. Seems suspicious to me....

Ive had no issues with my H. But if folks are then they should be contacting yuneec support and posting here afterwards and keeping us updated. I apologize for folks that are having issues with their H's but please keep us updated on the customer support yuneec provides.

I just watched a video on Youtube for wind test on the H. A guy named Ming Lou (he does some pretty wild things with the H) explained that during a storm low air pressure will cause the H to descend. I wonder if mine was just the opposite. I'll attempt more tests when I have time, and in better weather. Here's the link:

LOL at this thread. Anyone really taking this guy seriously?

Edit: Not you Dewster, I mean OP

Reactions: JohnL
Funny that Wifi is ONLY the camera link. The RC control is on something else (and different frequency)

If you lose wifi you have 3 options:

1. Flip the return to home switch (best). Or...
  2. Let go of the sticks. It should be in position hold. Look at the ST16 screen as it will show you an arrow pointing where home is before lost wifi (with the frozen video), move your stick in that orientation (point the roll/pitch stick in the direction of the arrow). Now If you lost GPS too, then it will go into angle mode w/disabled GPS. This will still work for flying, but now you'll need to worry about orientation and altitude too as you bring it back.
  3. Just land it in place.
I just verified you can trim in RTH's as well as flip the switch back to Angle/Smart and take it out of RTH anytime when it's coming back.

Good chance you'll lose Wifi 1st before R/C. Folks moving over to a YTH need to be educated about this. This was actually an old rule from Team Black Sheep Days (lose video 1st vs control to prevent fly aways) and video/telemetry is a good candidate to act as a watchdog & still have control [for you industrial automation types].

This thread is somewhat funny: Is it R.C. (hint) converted to a [Chinese] R.K.?

Reactions: LooseSid
I flew my Typhoon H for the first time today. I have plenty of experience with DJI multis (never owned a phantom). I just did a hover test for stability and could not land the craft for awhile. I noticed the craft slowly gaining altitude and decided to end my hover test. I lowered the throttle but it would not descend. It was like I hit an invisible barrier for landing. I had control over yaw, and pitch. I had to fly it forward and to the side to get it to come down. Once on the ground the I felt as if it still wanted to take off. I hit the motor stop button to kill the engines. Needless to say... my hands were shaking from feeling like I would lose this new craft. Any ideas?

I had the samething happen to me today when trying to land. When I first got it I tried to take off and the **** thing flew sideways flew into a wall and broke two props.I have the phantom 4 and would say I'm pretty good at flying so I don't know what happen

READ THE MANUAL BEFORE FLYING !!! Smart Mode has a 26' Circle around it! If you try to take off/land inside this 26' circle in Smart Mode, it will fly at any direction it chooses to get outside this "Twenty six foot circle of death" Not pointing a finger at anyone, nor belittling anyone. But 90% or more of the issues of my H won't do this, or My H does this, or my H crashed into my house or tree or car or mother in law, Is just plain simple not following directions and common sense and above all NOT READING THE MANUALS or VIDEOES

Reactions: DaveIn NH
I flew my Typhoon H for the first time today. I have plenty of experience with DJI multis (never owned a phantom). I just did a hover test for stability and could not land the craft for awhile. I noticed the craft slowly gaining altitude and decided to end my hover test. I lowered the throttle but it would not descend. It was like I hit an invisible barrier for landing. I had control over yaw, and pitch. I had to fly it forward and to the side to get it to come down. Once on the ground the I felt as if it still wanted to take off. I hit the motor stop button to kill the engines. Needless to say... my hands were shaking from feeling like I would lose this new craft. Any ideas?

Exactly the same thing happened to me on my first flight. It's never happened again in over 40 flights. I wonder what that was all about?

Not Smart Mode, I knew all about that - Could be Wifi interference but not had the problem since 1st flight - I did compass calibration AFTER 1st flight, so I guess that is a likely suspect? Don't know........

Reactions: DroneClone
LOL at this thread. Anyone really taking this guy seriously?

Edit: Not you Dewster, I mean OP
Yes! I am! he's a very experienced pilot and takes his H to her limits to show what she can and can not do ! If you have seen his videos from start to finish you could learn alot!;)

Not Smart Mode, I knew all about that - Could be Wifi interference but not had the problem since 1st flight - I did compass calibration AFTER 1st flight, so I guess that is a likely suspect? Don't know........
You are probably exactly correct ! Fly Safely !

Payback is a ***** ! I pray non of you have a fly away , and dare post it on here, with or without flight data ! ;)

DC R U talking about Ming. Guess I need to look at the vid.

Drewster, I had a similar experience with YTH #2. It had a compass calibration before even being flown and was not in Smart mode, just did not want to come down and finally just kept holding throttle down and it slowly came down and I had to kill power as quick as I could when touching down because it did not want to stay there. I have a thread about it (something like the lines "I almost just crashed!"). I did another compass calibration after that ("just in case") and have never had that happen again in the subsequent 20 or so flights. Tim from Yuneec reached out to me after seeing my post to find out if I was still having issues as he wanted an engineer to look into it but it never happened again. There can be lots of guesses as to why happened but they are just that, guesses. I think sometimes these things are possessed, but that's just me! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis