Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. SevenTypesOfDumb

There is a lot of talk about the "new ones" having a glass lens and the "old ones" having a plastic lens. How do I know which one is which? I got the typhoon from Carolina Dronz last week.

Reason for the question - I have a blurred image on the right side of video or picture.

2. anthony h-ellary

id chech to see if theres manufactureing residue on the lense of filter first

Brian Mackey likes this.
  3. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

Supposedly they are all glass, glass being harder to scratch. Plastic lenses are as good optically, nearly all eyeglasses now have plastic lenses. Send Carolina Dronz a photo and ask them, they are a premier supplier, and won't steer you wrong.

4. PatR

The lenses have all been glass. The protective glass that looks like a filter could be dirty on either side, as could the lens behind it. They do need to be cleaned from time to time. Do so just as you would the glass on a good camera you wanted to keep.

5. alsey7

Yuneec has yet or will not change the lens on the cgo3+ When they do add new Glass it will come out for the Cgo5

6. Laura Turbeville

Yuneec has not changed anything on the H series as of date. However, there will be newer additions to come this fall.