Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do I transfer H flight log to Mac?

Reaction score
Everything I'm reading here on the Forum about transferring flight logs refers to PC. Is it available on a Mac?

What do you want to do with them on the Mac?

You can download (copy) the raw files from the ST-16 onto an SD-Card and then put them onto your Mac. Once they're there you can use Excel or Open Office to view the basic data. If you want to see the telemetry on a map you need to either upload the files to a website (such as Exmaps) or convert the files to GPX format for use with things such as Google Maps. I'm not sure if there are any Mac specific packages that can help you with that though.

I'm the guy behind UAV Toolbox, which is the other option. It runs on the ST-16 and (in the upcoming release) on the web so you don't need a PC. It shows telemetry on maps, synchronises with your video and gives you summaries for things like errors, signal strength and GPS accuracy. It's also got a bunch of other features (including an easier way to transfer logs off the ST-16 to your Mac and convert to GPX format), but a lot depends on what your goal is.

What do you want to do with them on the Mac?

You can download (copy) the raw files from the ST-16 onto an SD-Card and then put them onto your Mac. Once they're there you can use Excel or Open Office to view the basic data. If you want to see the telemetry on a map you need to either upload the files to a website (such as Exmaps) or convert the files to GPX format for use with things such as Google Maps. I'm not sure if there are any Mac specific packages that can help you with that though.

I'm the guy behind UAV Toolbox, which is the other option. It runs on the ST-16 and (in the upcoming release) on the web so you don't need a PC. It shows telemetry on maps, synchronises with your video and gives you summaries for things like errors, signal strength and GPS accuracy. It's also got a bunch of other features (including an easier way to transfer logs off the ST-16 to your Mac and convert to GPX format), but a lot depends on what your goal is.
Thanks for the info. More complicated than I thought it might be. I'm spoiled by the DJI.

As I said, it depends what you want to do. UAV Toolbox is just an app, gives you maps and summaries - couldn't be simpler.

It just runs on the ST-16 for most of its functions, with some downloads done through your browser - so compatible with just about any machine. I develop on Macs and PCs so I check it works on both.

Reactions: BobW55
It just runs on the ST-16 for most of its functions, with some downloads done through your browser - so compatible with just about any machine. I develop on Macs and PCs so I check it works on both.
Perfect! I'll try it

Installed app on the st16. Seems to work great! Surprised that Yuneec doesn't install this or something comprable on all typhoon H machines

^^ Yeap. We're just lucky to have members on this forum, like Tuna, who had the foresight to develop this.

Everything I'm reading here on the Forum about transferring flight logs refers to PC. Is it available on a Mac?
I believe the desktop app is only for Windows...so you would need to be running something like VirtualBox to use the software.

I haven't ventured in to UAVToolbox yet, but it sounds awesome and is very reasonably priced! Great job Tuna!

I believe the desktop app is only for Windows...so you would need to be running something like VirtualBox to use the software.

I haven't ventured in to UAVToolbox yet, but it sounds awesome and is very reasonably priced! Great job Tuna!

The GUI is Windoze based.
UAV Toolbox eliminates the PC/Mac issue as it runs on the ST16 and the new features are web based, negating whether you need a PC or Mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval