Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do you pronounce Yuneec?

Reaction score
Hey all, this may be a really dumb questions, but what is the proper way of pronouncing the company name? I went from saying it like "Unique" to now saying it similar to "You-Knee-See". Does anyone know for sure which one is right? It may save me some embarrassment!

History and Etymology for unique

French, from Latin unicus, from unus one

Reactions: DCH
French, from Latin unicus, from unus one

Are you trying to tell me we have flying Unicorns?!?! o_O
OMG! Wait 'till my grand daughters find out, they're gonna be thrilled!!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G
There's three syllables? Really, only three? I've been using four! Which one should I not be pronouncing?:oops:

Yes, it is pronounced with three syllables... just like "Fragile"... Fraw Geel Lay...

(and don't anybody go looking to order a Leg Lamp in an original wooden crate either...)

Christmas Story Leg Lamp

Reactions: DCH
FWIW, I have 2 friends who worked there. They both pronounced it "Unique".

Is the operative word worked? While they were in Ontario, CA?

One worked out of California and the other worked remotely but traveled to China often. Both basically retired when they left Yuneec. They had been in the RC industry for decades. Yuneec was their last gig.

Were they engineering, sales, or other?

Seems rather difficult to get tech specs on the products we buy.

Were they engineering, sales, or other?

Seems rather difficult to get tech specs on the products we buy.

One was sales and marketing but did a lot of testing (I actually got to fly an H+ prototype without realizing it). The other was manufacturing and production related, hence his frequent trips to China.

Both have been gone from the company for 3 to 6 months.

Would have loved to work with the manufacturing and production person. My job as a maintenance electrician/technician had me working with those engineers as well as QC.

I would love to see Yuneec give more training to the CS folks (as well as staff them better) and get an improvement loop going that could far outstrip their competitors. They are dropping the improvement cycle too early and would find a larger market share if they kept a continuous improvement loop going for at least three years. The profit margin would be slightly less, but the market share could grow exponentially.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers