Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How long to get your H repaired?

Reaction score
Since I had to send my H in to have it UN-Bricked from the last firmware update, I am curious as to how long it took you to get your H sent in for repair and get it back.
If you are out of the USA, please indicate what service center you sent it to.
Please only respond if you have had to use Yuneec repair center. I am trying to give others a time line of what to expect.

For me, send via UPS July 18th, Received at Yuneec July 22nd 5 Days in transit.

Hey Bob,

Just thought of something, did you put you batteries at a storage voltage level before sending your H off to repair?

That's good! I was thinking you might end up with damaged batteries on top of this other grief! I got lucky and bought 4 batteries early on @$109 each but it's a pain if you aren't fly as much as you'd like to discharge them. I have that new connector coming from Andy so I'll be able to discharge with regular charger now. Hope you get you H back soon!

Reactions: Ana Rosa
It has been more than a month since I contacted my dealer about repair, two weeks since i sent Typhoon to the service centre. Called last Friday, person on the phone was very helpful, However Yuneec does not reply on his requests to approve or disapprove repair under the warranty. Good job Yuneec!
So I am about to find out as well, HOW LONG
Service centre in Australia

Since I had to send my H in to have it UN-Bricked from the last firmware update, I am curious as to how long it took you to get your H sent in for repair and get it back.
If you are out of the USA, please indicate what service center you sent it to.
Please only respond if you have had to use Yuneec repair center. I am trying to give others a time line of what to expect.

For me, send via UPS July 18th, Received at Yuneec July 22nd 5 Days in transit.
Hey Bob, I'm approaching four weeks now since I sent my TH to Yuneec Europe (Germany) for so-called repair. I sent them a note the other day inquiring about it, but of course it went unanswered. A few weeks ago a rather exasperated tech sent me a screen capture of his Inbox begging me to cut him some slack...which I did. They are totally overwhelmed with service requests at least here in Europe.
Poor servicetech guy's inbox:
checkUnbenannt.JPG

I sent my to Ontario, California from Atlanta, Georgia on July 8th. They received it on the 12th. I called on the 21st to check on it as I had not heard anything. They said they were extremely backlogged and I would get an email when they started working on it. I asked what the expected time would be and was told 7 to 14 days. It was sent back because of control issues and "toiletbowling". I will update when I hear something.

Update:

Looks like it sat in the warehouse from the 12th to the 26th. On the 26th it was received by service department and they called me on the 28th to get my password. Guess they worked on it but another weekend passed and they completed and shipped on Aug 2nd. I received it back on the 8th and flew it yesterday.

Everything appears in working order, flew late evening so not as hot but went through the first battery and started on the second when the rain moved in. No issues with holding it's position and seems not to veer any longer to the right. Looks good for now!

As a side note; I received it back and they had updated the firmware on the ST16 and also the H to the latest version.

So July 7th until Aug 8th is the total turnaround time.

Last edited:
It has been more than a month since I contacted my dealer about repair, two weeks since i sent Typhoon to the service centre. Called last Friday, person on the phone was very helpful, However Yuneec does not reply on his requests to approve or disapprove repair under the warranty. Good job Yuneec!
So I am about to find out as well, HOW LONG
Service centre in Australia

That doesn't surprise me. My experience is that they are quite unwilling to take responsibility.

Reactions: A.I. Thinker
I sent my to Ontario, California from Atlanta, Georgia on July 8th. They received it on the 12th. I called on the 21st to check on it as I had not heard anything. They said they were extremely backlogged and I would get an email when they started working on it. I asked what the expected time would be and was told 7 to 14 days. It was sent back because of control issues and "toiletbowling". I will update when I hear something.

I had the same problem on my third day with the unit. They dragged their feet about actually issuing an RMA, and after a few days, I finally got on them and asked them how long this whole thing is going to take, and she said repairing it would hopefully only be 1-2 weeks. I had to just send mine back to the vendor as defective and swap it out with something else (they're out of stock on Yuneec, and they didn't seem to sure about planning to stock Yuneec anymore).

Mine had the toilet bowl effect. I contacted Yuneec on June 20th. I sent it out via UPS to them the very next day. They received it on June 28th. They replaced the GPS module & I didn't get it back from them until July 19th. So about a month.

Wow...that is horrible. What, are they sending them back to China for repair or something?
Just California. The Yuneec rep told me they had an influx of returns they were dealing with. That's causing the delays. I suspect the toilet bowling is more prevalent than they let on.

I'm in the Bay Area (San Jose), California I sent mine in on the 5th of July (Tuesday), Yuneec received it on the 7th (Thursday) and it was done on the 15th (Friday) returned and in my hands by the 19th (Tuesday) of July.

It seems i was Lucky! My H had a hardware problem. DPD picked my H a monday in Belgium arrived in Germany thursday. CGO3 was replaced and my H was sent back on tuesday and arrived in Belgium wednesday so only 9 days. Since it works perfectly

This is taken from my video located on YouTube. Although it took plenty of time to get my Typhoon H in order, I will say I AM VERY PLEASED with Yuneec Customer Service.

Here is my Yuneec Customer Service interaction and results so far:

DAY 1 (May 20) - Contacted Yuneec Customer Service to report camera problems. Was advised to try different Micro SD Cards.
Contacted Yuneec Customer Service again to report camera is not the only problem. Drone lost power/control and landed itself hard.
Yuneec Customer service issues a Return Authorization # (RA#) but no shipping label.

DAYs 2 to 4 - (May 21 to 23) - Contacted Yuneec Customer service several times to inquire about shipping label?

DAY 5 (May 24) - Shipping label arrives late in the evening.

DAY 6 (May 25) - Shipped Typhoon H back to Yuneec, USA via UPS (Standard)... which is very slow.

DAY 15 (June 3) - Typhoon H finally arrives at Yuneec, USA.

DAY 18 (June 6) - Contacted Yuneec, USA to find out status of Typhoon H since no one had contacted me. Response was that information was not available at that time.

DAY 19 (June 7) - Contacted Yuneec, USA to find out status of Typhoon H. Was advised that I would receive a response. Received response from Yuneec Service department stating they had received my Typhoon H. (kind of late since it had been sitting there for several days).

DAY 21 (June 9) - Contacted Yuneec Service. Inquired about status of drone. No one has looked at it yet. Yuneec customer service said call back in 1 week. :{

DAY 22 (June 10) - Late in the evening I received an email from Yuneec customer service. Drone is repaired and is being shipped. A repair description of items was provided but it does not identify such items as the CAMERA which was defective (hope they are not sending me the same one back). Yuneec uses ground shipping to Canada, which means it won't arrive at my area until approx June 20 (Day 32 since the RMA was opened).

DAY 32 (June 20) - My Typhoon H is returned via UPS. Checked out the box and all the contents appear to be there. Controller is new. My previous controller had a N/S micro SD slot. Came with propellers, since all of mine were shattered. Paperwork with the Typhoon says that a 27 point inspection was conducted. Will try it out and report back.

DAY 33 (June 21) - Took the "replacement/repaired" Typhoon H out for a test flight. All was well except for the camera. Camera image was blurry/slightly distorted on 1/4 of left side of image. Contacted Yuneec Customer Service via email and reported the problem (sent example images). Requested a camera exchange.

DAY 34 (June 22) - Yuneec Customer Service called me and said they would send a Return Authorization (RA#) so that I could send the camera back for replacement. Received RA# later that day.

DAY 35 (June 23) - Received UPS return shipping label.

DAY 36 (June 24) - Shipped the camera back to Yuneec via UPS.

DAY 50 (July 8) - New CGO3+ Camera arrives & it works perfect! Only problem is that I had shipped my gimbal lock back with my defective camera and the new camera did not arrive with one. I contacted Yuneec and they are shipping one out to me.

DAY 61 (July 19). Camera gimbal cover arrives. For some reason Yuneec didn't complete the shipping paperwork correctly so UPS charged me $23.70 duty.

This is taken from my video located on YouTube. Although it took plenty of time to get my Typhoon H in order, I will say I AM VERY PLEASED with Yuneec Customer Service.

Here is my Yuneec Customer Service interaction and results so far:

DAY 1 (May 20) - Contacted Yuneec Customer Service to report camera problems. Was advised to try different Micro SD Cards.
Contacted Yuneec Customer Service again to report camera is not the only problem. Drone lost power/control and landed itself hard.
Yuneec Customer service issues a Return Authorization # (RA#) but no shipping label.

DAYs 2 to 4 - (May 21 to 23) - Contacted Yuneec Customer service several times to inquire about shipping label?

DAY 5 (May 24) - Shipping label arrives late in the evening.

DAY 6 (May 25) - Shipped Typhoon H back to Yuneec, USA via UPS (Standard)... which is very slow.

DAY 15 (June 3) - Typhoon H finally arrives at Yuneec, USA.

DAY 18 (June 6) - Contacted Yuneec, USA to find out status of Typhoon H since no one had contacted me. Response was that information was not available at that time.

DAY 19 (June 7) - Contacted Yuneec, USA to find out status of Typhoon H. Was advised that I would receive a response. Received response from Yuneec Service department stating they had received my Typhoon H. (kind of late since it had been sitting there for several days).

DAY 21 (June 9) - Contacted Yuneec Service. Inquired about status of drone. No one has looked at it yet. Yuneec customer service said call back in 1 week. :{

DAY 22 (June 10) - Late in the evening I received an email from Yuneec customer service. Drone is repaired and is being shipped. A repair description of items was provided but it does not identify such items as the CAMERA which was defective (hope they are not sending me the same one back). Yuneec uses ground shipping to Canada, which means it won't arrive at my area until approx June 20 (Day 32 since the RMA was opened).

DAY 32 (June 20) - My Typhoon H is returned via UPS. Checked out the box and all the contents appear to be there. Controller is new. My previous controller had a N/S micro SD slot. Came with propellers, since all of mine were shattered. Paperwork with the Typhoon says that a 27 point inspection was conducted. Will try it out and report back.

DAY 33 (June 21) - Took the "replacement/repaired" Typhoon H out for a test flight. All was well except for the camera. Camera image was blurry/slightly distorted on 1/4 of left side of image. Contacted Yuneec Customer Service via email and reported the problem (sent example images). Requested a camera exchange.

DAY 34 (June 22) - Yuneec Customer Service called me and said they would send a Return Authorization (RA#) so that I could send the camera back for replacement. Received RA# later that day.

DAY 35 (June 23) - Received UPS return shipping label.

DAY 36 (June 24) - Shipped the camera back to Yuneec via UPS.

DAY 50 (July 8) - New CGO3+ Camera arrives & it works perfect! Only problem is that I had shipped my gimbal lock back with my defective camera and the new camera did not arrive with one. I contacted Yuneec and they are shipping one out to me.
Wow!!! 50 days and you're happy? You are one seriously laid back dude.
DAY 61 (July 19). Camera gimbal cover arrives. For some reason Yuneec didn't complete the shipping paperwork correctly so UPS charged me $23.70 duty.

Wow!! 50 days and you are happy with them? You, sir, are one laid back dude.

Wow!! 50 days and you are happy with them? You, sir, are one laid back dude.
Yeah, I can't blame them for shipping time. I could have had the items back and forth sent via expedited shipping to cut the time in half however it would have been on my dime at over $100 each way. Not an expense I wanted to make.

Yeah, I can't blame them for shipping time. I could have had the items back and forth sent via expedited shipping to cut the time in half however it would have been on my dime at over $100 each way. Not an expense I wanted to make.
That's very true. However, you could blame them for the extra time spent without your H because of the faulty camera. Just saying. Congrats on being chill.

That's very true. However, you could blame them for the extra time spent without your H because of the faulty camera. Just saying. Congrats on being chill.
You're right, they do have a quality control issue because If all was well manufatured, I'd have had zero problems to begin with. Oh well, at least they did what they could to address my problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval