Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How long to get your H repaired?

I don't think they got truly backlogged until the first or second week of July. Those who were lucky enough to have repairs before that were, well, lucky. Those of us dealing with them now are not the lucky ones. Compared to DJI it's still better though.

You're right, they do have a quality control issue because If all was well manufatured, I'd have had zero problems to begin with. Oh well, at least they did what they could to address my problems.

It's funny how there's severe quality issues, yet all the drones have a bit of flight logs prior to them arriving to their customers...

This is taken from my video located on YouTube. Although it took plenty of time to get my Typhoon H in order, I will say I AM VERY PLEASED with Yuneec Customer Service.

Here is my Yuneec Customer Service interaction and results so far:

DAY 1 (May 20) - Contacted Yuneec Customer Service to report camera problems. Was advised to try different Micro SD Cards.
Contacted Yuneec Customer Service again to report camera is not the only problem. Drone lost power/control and landed itself hard.
Yuneec Customer service issues a Return Authorization # (RA#) but no shipping label.

DAYs 2 to 4 - (May 21 to 23) - Contacted Yuneec Customer service several times to inquire about shipping label?

DAY 5 (May 24) - Shipping label arrives late in the evening.

DAY 6 (May 25) - Shipped Typhoon H back to Yuneec, USA via UPS (Standard)... which is very slow.

DAY 15 (June 3) - Typhoon H finally arrives at Yuneec, USA.

DAY 18 (June 6) - Contacted Yuneec, USA to find out status of Typhoon H since no one had contacted me. Response was that information was not available at that time.

DAY 19 (June 7) - Contacted Yuneec, USA to find out status of Typhoon H. Was advised that I would receive a response. Received response from Yuneec Service department stating they had received my Typhoon H. (kind of late since it had been sitting there for several days).

DAY 21 (June 9) - Contacted Yuneec Service. Inquired about status of drone. No one has looked at it yet. Yuneec customer service said call back in 1 week. :{

DAY 22 (June 10) - Late in the evening I received an email from Yuneec customer service. Drone is repaired and is being shipped. A repair description of items was provided but it does not identify such items as the CAMERA which was defective (hope they are not sending me the same one back). Yuneec uses ground shipping to Canada, which means it won't arrive at my area until approx June 20 (Day 32 since the RMA was opened).

DAY 32 (June 20) - My Typhoon H is returned via UPS. Checked out the box and all the contents appear to be there. Controller is new. My previous controller had a N/S micro SD slot. Came with propellers, since all of mine were shattered. Paperwork with the Typhoon says that a 27 point inspection was conducted. Will try it out and report back.

DAY 33 (June 21) - Took the "replacement/repaired" Typhoon H out for a test flight. All was well except for the camera. Camera image was blurry/slightly distorted on 1/4 of left side of image. Contacted Yuneec Customer Service via email and reported the problem (sent example images). Requested a camera exchange.

DAY 34 (June 22) - Yuneec Customer Service called me and said they would send a Return Authorization (RA#) so that I could send the camera back for replacement. Received RA# later that day.

DAY 35 (June 23) - Received UPS return shipping label.

DAY 36 (June 24) - Shipped the camera back to Yuneec via UPS.

DAY 50 (July 8) - New CGO3+ Camera arrives & it works perfect! Only problem is that I had shipped my gimbal lock back with my defective camera and the new camera did not arrive with one. I contacted Yuneec and they are shipping one out to me.

DAY 61 (July 19). Camera gimbal cover arrives. For some reason Yuneec didn't complete the shipping paperwork correctly so UPS charged me $23.70 duty.

I truly hope you were sarcastic about being please with them on this matter. That is terrible customer service, especially for how long it took for the original RMA, in addition to lengthy repairs, as well as them not getting their act together about exporting the unit. By Day 21 with no one having looked at it yet, you should've been pressing for a full refund.

Just off the phone with Service Centre , I was prepaid to say how much but was advised that Yuneec approved warranty repair late last Friday so again (take 3) was assured that at the end of the next week I will get my Typhoon. Hope they have all the parts

Hey Bob,

Just thought of something, did you put you batteries at a storage voltage level before sending your H off to repair?
If I did not discharged to storage voltage level what will happen.?if my H will not fly for two months

I sent mine to CA in US on 7/13. Just received tracking number today from Yuneec for items to be sent back to me. Called to check status of repair of ST16 and camera focus issues. Problems under warranty and finishing up inspections now. Hope I get it back in the next week or so. So 3 weeks time is ok with me, too hot to fly anyways.

It seems i was Lucky! My H had a hardware problem. DPD picked my H a monday in Belgium arrived in Germany thursday. CGO3 was replaced and my H was sent back on tuesday and arrived in Belgium wednesday so only 9 days. Since it works perfectly

Hi renaud i´m also from Belgium
I´m from Wetteren and you ?
I also have a TPH, bought on 26/06/2016
But not yet flown the bird because i still have not my Class 2 drone licence
Marnix

Update. Repaired items are scheduled for delivery on 7/29. So that is 2 1/2 weeks. I'd say that's pretty good turnaround time. I've been really happy with the CS here in the US. Shipping alone is around 4-5 days each way.

Got the order email from Yuneec on 6/20 saying that a replacement was going to be sent out. As of 7/27, I still don't have my new replacement unit. Needless to say, my patience is really starting to run thin. I hate spending over $1000 on something and not get to use it. The real kicker is that it's in stock everywhere EXCEPT Yuneec.

Update:- Was told today my H is on its way back and I should receive it Thursday or Friday this week, so its been 17-18 days turnaround inc shipping with Yuneec UK Customer Service, yes it was longer than the 3-4 days quoted over the phone but considering a new firmware came out whilst they had my H, and also they have moved their flight testing facility's to a different location, I thought this was a pretty good turnaround.

Update:-
Just been sent a tracking number its out for delivery today, I may even get to test it this evening but weather does not look promising though at the moment.

Last edited:
I finally got my first correspondence from Yuneec on the repair of my camera. I mailed it in right at 3 weeks ago and today I got an email simply stating that they have received it. Nothing else...

Called Yuneec today.
Received at the repair facility on Friday July 22nd.
Still only at the warehouse, still not at the repair center yet.

Hi All, Sent my TH in for repair on 7/8 to Ontario from East coast USA. Just got it back today, so 20 days. I was hoping for a new unit, since mine was brandy new with 10 mins of total time, but at least it is back. The repair ticket said that the GPS Module circuit board was replaced. Kudos to Yuneec. My experience was 100% from the moment I called, I went right to a tech, he issued an RMA, I went out to UPS store and shipped it. I have not had a chance to test it out yet, but I will get to that asap. I will be selling it since I got a new pro while this one was at Yuneec. Best of luck to everyone.

Hi All, I took my repaired TH out today to see how it was and I must admit it is very nice and rock solid. The way I would expect it in the first place. AND now I am certain unfortunately that there may be something wrong with my TH Pro because it is definitely NOT as solid and stable. I flew in exact same spots in my yard and it is a total difference. I wonder if there was a bad batch of GPS Module boards? Anyway, as I was preparing the TH for selling, I noticed that the Yuneec techs left a gift image and video on the SD card. :) Looks like the Yuneec factory.

YUN00002.jpg

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just received my Email tonight saying my H was repaired and on the way back.
I have a UPS tracking number showing delivery by August 4th. WooHoo.
But I am confused, they replaced the GPS board, because the firmware update bricked it?
YUNTYH116SVC 1 Typhoon H GPS Module Circuit Board (Authorized Service Use Only)
Oh well, was on their dime, I just hope it is as solid flying as it was before.
Not too bad a turn around tie considering the distance and all. Maybe they are getting their act together.

Just received my Email tonight saying my H was repaired and on the way back.
I have a UPS tracking number showing delivery by August 4th. WooHoo.
But I am confused, they replaced the GPS board, because the firmware update bricked it?
YUNTYH116SVC 1 Typhoon H GPS Module Circuit Board (Authorized Service Use Only)
Oh well, was on their dime, I just hope it is as solid flying as it was before.
Not too bad a turn around tie considering the distance and all. Maybe they are getting their act together.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn they have a mandate to replace all gps circuit boards to the newer ones when doing any repair work as a preventive maintenance.

Update: Received TH back today. Total time out of my hands was 16 days. Hope to fly in the morning if the rain stays away. Anxious to see if focus problem was corrected.

Got my H back today along with the inspection report. Looks like they even took it for a test flight after replacing the GPS board. (never had a problem with it before) Does connect real quick now. About 45 seconds to get connected and able to fire up the motors. Will have to wait till morning to test fly it
inspection.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech