Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How long to get your H repaired?

Just received my Email tonight saying my H was repaired and on the way back.
I have a UPS tracking number showing delivery by August 4th. WooHoo.
But I am confused, they replaced the GPS board, because the firmware update bricked it?
YUNTYH116SVC 1 Typhoon H GPS Module Circuit Board (Authorized Service Use Only)
Oh well, was on their dime, I just hope it is as solid flying as it was before.
Not too bad a turn around tie considering the distance and all. Maybe they are getting their act together.

I think everyone will see the replaced GPS module on their statement. It is either a standard code item for when they don't bill people for repair/replacement or the GPS module (existing) have an issue and any drone coming out of the repair facility receives the newer module.

Update: went out and tested the camera for focus problem. Did not work out so well. ST16 start/stop button (red button) is stuck in the ON position. Scared the **** out of me when the props started up. Very lucky I didnt get my finger chopped off and had to pull the battery out to get it to shut down. Tech checklist said it was updated to new firmware, it was not. Had to send the ST16 and TH back in and camera is still out of focus. Oh well, life goes on.

Since I had to send my H in to have it UN-Bricked from the last firmware update, I am curious as to how long it took you to get your H sent in for repair and get it back.
If you are out of the USA, please indicate what service center you sent it to.
Please only respond if you have had to use Yuneec repair center. I am trying to give others a time line of what to expect.

For me, send via UPS July 18th, Received at Yuneec July 22nd 5 Days in transit.
Sent mine in late June to Ontario Calif. 5 days to get there. Got and email 3 weeks later and was back around 20 July. Really no issues to report. Probably 3-4 weeks is normal.

I am sure Yuneec had a big batch of GPS boards that were bad, many post about GPS related crashes and fly aways.
Probably replacing them whenever they get the chance.

I am sure Yuneec had a big batch of GPS boards that were bad, many post about GPS related crashes and fly aways.
Probably replacing them whenever they get the chance.
Could be. Strange thing is that when Yuneec sent me a replacement camera the invoice said 'replaced GPS module'.... same as if they had sent me a repaired/replaced Typhoon.

I have a replacement camera arriving tomorrow. The original one was sent in for focus problems and they sent a replacement. I'm curious if anyone has heard of them shipping refurbished CG03+ cameras as replacements? The reason I ask is because I called Yuneec CS to clarify whether they were shipping the gimbal lock and clear lens cover that I shipped with the original camer. In the course of the short conversation the guy I spoke with indicated they may have shipped a refurbished camera. I'm not upset if I have to wait for the gimbal cover and lens cover - but if they ship a refurbished camera...WTH....

1. First Repair- Iceland damage.....they returned it in 4 days...since they were using my footage to promote the drone
2. Second Repair, camera repair...sent three weeks ago...no word yet or estimate on when it might be fixed
3. Third Repair faulty H Pro arm locks...returned about 8 days later, sent back for additional service and swapped dealer for new one

Not sure when I'll get camera back...but I need it for more lens experiments...I see GoPro introduces their drone Sept. 19, that should help
motivate Yuneec to improve their cameras...

Reactions: JohnL
I'm more than a little peeved. I sent my H in for repair back in the beginning of December (on my own dime) and the repair centre for Canada received it December 12. I am still waiting.
I also contacted the repair centre a number of times only to get the runaround from them (excuses of backorders for parts and the like).
I queried them on the parts and they told me they were waiting on a motherboard. This made me a bit confused as it was originally sent in because of the camera/gimbal. I asked the tech about it and he told me that he looked at it himself and saw nothing wrong with it.
Now I'm getting pissed because, had he actually looked at it, he would have found that the camera/gimbal was in a state of obvious damage. It was actually sitting on the bottom of the box not attached to the actual drone.
So now the repair centre is taken to lying to me about the progress.
I've been trying to contact Yuneec cs with no reply and no updates from anyone. I had hopes for yuneec cs at the beginning (actual file opened back in mid-November) but now I have nothing but bad views of the way this case has been handled and outright disgust with the way I was dealt with from the repair centre. I'm pretty sure I will never deal with this company again and I definitely won't be referring anyone to buy their products.
This level of customer service is unacceptable.

I'm more than a little peeved. I sent my H in for repair back in the beginning of December (on my own dime) and the repair centre for Canada received it December 12. I am still waiting.
I also contacted the repair centre a number of times only to get the runaround from them (excuses of backorders for parts and the like).
I queried them on the parts and they told me they were waiting on a motherboard. This made me a bit confused as it was originally sent in because of the camera/gimbal. I asked the tech about it and he told me that he looked at it himself and saw nothing wrong with it.
Now I'm getting pissed because, had he actually looked at it, he would have found that the camera/gimbal was in a state of obvious damage. It was actually sitting on the bottom of the box not attached to the actual drone.
So now the repair centre is taken to lying to me about the progress.
I've been trying to contact Yuneec cs with no reply and no updates from anyone. I had hopes for yuneec cs at the beginning (actual file opened back in mid-November) but now I have nothing but bad views of the way this case has been handled and outright disgust with the way I was dealt with from the repair centre. I'm pretty sure I will never deal with this company again and I definitely won't be referring anyone to buy their products.
This level of customer service is unacceptable.

Ok, this is something new for me..... Yuneec has a repair center in Canada? I'm in Canada and have only dealt with Yuneec in California for all service.

I'm guessing it's an organization that says they are an authorized Yuneec service center?

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Ok, this is something new for me..... Yuneec has a repair center in Canada? I'm in Canada and have only dealt with Yuneec in California for all service.

I'm guessing it's an organization that says they are an authorized Yuneec service center?
Yeah, it's actually a Staples that does repairs for Yuneec in Canada. I had been dealing with Yuneec cs in Ontario, California and they had me send my H to the Staples in Mississauga for repair.

Wow...that is horrible. What, are they sending them back to China for repair or something?

Only one montgh thats not long
I had to wait 3 montghs for my repair of my inspire 1 at DJI
and then it was badly repaired and had to send it back again
Ans had to wait again 3 months
So after six months it was repaired !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone