Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How Many Feel This Would Be Fair?

Under Warranty, Is Yuneec Responsible for Upgrades to Shortfalls ?

• Total voters
I agree they should have provided the product with what they claimed to be the specs but I also believe that people could have waited to see before they rushed to buy. Developing a product often results in instructions and other things being published before the product is finished (not an excuse but the reality of development) what I'm addressing is when I've read people think they are owed new controllers etc. just because Yuneec decided to change antenna design etc. This reminds me of GoPro's 4 blk whereby many features were touted which never came to fruition....like exposure control and locked exposure. I don't know of any other industry where Caveat emptor should be more applied....I learned the hard way by purchasing Align Multirotor products a couple years ago and lost thousands of dollars on completely worthless gimbals and hexes and the dealers also lost a tremendous amount of money and customer goodwill. That's the current "wild west" of drone development...so people should just be cautious and less anxious...I'm satisfied I got my $1299 out of the product because it's paid for itself many times over in just a couple months. I've come to learn unfortunately that in this industry because of the way I use the equipment I always have to buy the product because both manufacturers and reviewers are often looking out for their own interests just as consumers are. I can't see what it truly does until I own one and then I set about trying to improve it, changing lenses is a good example.[/QUOTEyour Did your complaining and displeasure with that company along with others get a positive overall result in the companies future busines practices?

For the camera, YES, Yuneec should pay to fix it. It was not what they advertised it to be.
For the ST-16, I could see if they came out with a Do It Yourself kit, or for a modest fee send it in and they will update it.
The rest is all Software Firmware improvements.
I would have done my telemetry antenna, but I do not want to void what little time I have left on my warranty. (ends August23)
Personally I do not want much more range than I have now. Get the H 1/2 mile out now and I have trouble keeping an eye on it. (ok so I am old)

Reactions: Goh
If it is sub-standard then recall it. Now they are on the hook for under it all, camera, antennas, and ST 16.

Last edited:
If Yuneec were to do that that would be a brilliant P.R. move and put to bed a lot of the sniping coming from the other side. You would get the "see I told you so" but the issue would be resolved and that is what counts in the end. In the case of the camera we all know something is going on with it and its not perfect and if they change the setup (lens, ccd) or whatever then they should cover the cost of the upgrade as that was the real fix to the for the issue. In the case of the ST-16 kinds sound like an enhancement so if they wanted to be nice to owners they could offer kits to existing owners at cost or some deep discount as it really didn't effect operation of the drone as far as I know, but I could be wrong. Won't know till Yuneec fully discloses in-depth for the change in set-up. This kind of stuff has been done before to other products not in this industry, but it would set them apart from the other brands. Would be nice, cross your fingers but defiantly don't hold your breath, happy flying.

Last edited:
They owe you nothing...as products evolve regardless of timetable you should appreciate the companie's efforts to make a better product. No one held a gun to your head (perhaps a bad analogy right now in America) to be the first to buy an H in fact many of the same complainers were the one's who complained they weren't getting the original H out quickly enough. You should be pondering your own haste in desiring the first one off the assembly line knowing in this industry things can change overnight and be satisfied with your original decision. People who fly these things are the most unrealistic consumers I've ever encountered and I suspect have never develop a product. Go out and fly and enjoy and be thankful for what you have. Don't interpret this as saying the consumer shouldn't help development along but this sort of behavior slows the development process. Why can't you applaud Yuneec for their desire to improve the product?

Well said Mickeyboo. We we chose to purchase a brand new product, and we want to be the very first ones to get it, we also know there is a certain risk level there. Now I would not mind a little "credit" or something small from Yuneec but they certainly don't owe me any new equipment or a refund. I've had a blast 99% of the time with my H with over 100 flights now. I'll skip the H Pro and we'll see what the H2 is in 6 months.

I partially agree with Mickey,
Things that are add ons, or improvements, were not part of the original purchase.
Only fault i have with my H is the camera. That I feel Yuneec is obligated to correct.
It would be like buying a new car that was suppose to have a Blueray DVD player only to find out it will only play older DVD's.
Every flight I have had with my H, (I lost count) has been a thrill, and I am glad I bought it.
For me (your experience may be different) it has been almost everything I thought it would be.
Yes I want to see some firmware enhancements, YES they need to fix the documentation, YES I would like to see some 3rd party applications made, YES I would like to hear more from Yuneec that they are working to resolve some of the issues.
For a poor old fart like me, it has been well spent money. Yeah if I wanted a Zoom lens camera, 1 hour flight times, fly out to the next county, I would have paid $20,000 not the $1200 I did spend.

If Yuneec did do a recall/fix on issues that wern't as advertised, they would gain some more credibility in the drone sales dept. Do I think they should - Yes, do I think they will, probably not. Agree with BobW55 on the new car analogy.

By all accounts it looks like Yuneec's bean counters are a little too narrow minded and are not going to retro their already bad decisions. Maybe if this H is managed by one person not a committee there's a chance of better outcome for all.

I do agree with you on this, if something is defective like the camera focus or the GPS sucks then yes they should replace it, but if they are just making general upgrades I do not think those should be rolled back for free.
You said in one sentence what I massacred with my phone in 3+ paragraphs. I'm calling Yuneec about the camera. If they claim the blurred image it's caused by the minor crash I had, then I'm done with them forever.

Who else is not satisfied with their camera? This is my second. The original worked for two days and failed to power up. I received a new-in-box but really didn't realize the blurry video was a fault of the lens, not my ignorance :)

"IF" Yuneec comes out with a ST16+ ( with three antennas for boosting ranges) and starts selling the H with a on board 2.25" stub craft antenna , along with a better camera lens/ and /or sensor ? Before all us "pre-orderer's" and "first" buyers warranty expires :
Feel Yuneec should own up to upgrading us for "FREE" ? Whether replacement cameras/gimbal and ST16 replacement, whether it is a fair exchange, or sending us all a Mod Package to do or have done ourselves ?.
If done within 6 months of the receipt of each of "our" orders, I DO !
Cast You Vote ! And Listen Up Yuneec !!!;) :
DC... I voted before I saw this post. If an upgrade fixes a problem than the answer is Yes everyone should receive it. If the upgrade is an enhancement and not a fix then I'd say Yuneec is not responsible to provide everyone with the product.

So far the new ST16 just sounds like an enhancement. Kinda like say they came out with a newer battery that provides longer flight. They would not be responsible to provide existing battery owners with the new one.

So, if Yuneec come through and offer me a replacement for the Q500 4K that decided it liked the look of the lake and tried swimming but drowned either as a replacement or even at a "deep discount" AND assuming I elect to upgrade to the H (is that an upgrade?) I will also need to acquire an Itelite or better? An antenna for the bird and perhaps even a camera?

Oh, what about the upgrade to the Intel Sense?

This is getting complicated.

I need the system then a bunch of add-ons to make it worthwhile?

Anybody?

I have never had any company come back and offer free upgrades to the newest options for free so I do not know why Yuneec should be doing it. The extra antenna looks like an easy mod to do yourself and I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal about that. I would assume any changes in the firmware for the controller you could put in the older ST16 but I could be wrong.
As for changes in the camera we really do not know what they are going to do. If the camera is really that much different you could always buy it but if it is just a lens change that can be done yourself.
The H air-frame itself have they talked about any changes?
We are not talking about "Upgrades" but corrections of mis offered product details ! and not being given what we were promised! That's all I am talking about! I am very pleased and like my H, but it does not produce, what it states and was promised on their "Sells Pitching" !

Reactions: eric bee
DroneClone you're the master of civility (except with B&H :) ) and it's nice to have a discussion with you regardless of how much we mutually agree upon....I hope the eagles are cooperating with you and that all is well in your neck of the woods...I had fun photographing a bat study a few days ago whereby they were netted and then the next day with transmitters we had placed on them the night before we tracked them to their roosts for a habitat study. Stay well and calm winds!
Thank you my friend! And likewise , the same mutual respect of a fellow pioneer in the quest for excitement in our lives ! Safe Life and Flying My Friend !:rolleyes:

Last edited:
We are not talking about "Upgrades" but corrections of mis offered product details ! and not being given what we were promised! That's all I am talking about! I am very pleased and like my H, but it does not produce, what it states and was promised on their "Sells Pitching" !

I understand what you were saying DC but I was bewildered by all the gripes in the various responses and in other threads.

We should, and do, expect the product to at least match the promises ... prosecutable offense in the UK to misrepresent a product in advertising.

Reactions: DroneClone
I understand what you were saying DC but I was bewildered by all the gripes in the various responses and in other threads.

We should, and do, expect the product to at least match the promises ... prosecutable offense in the UK to misrepresent a product in advertising.
I agree, I love my H and I am not dissatisfied at all, Just feel "WE" all deserve the product as advertised, and I can live with the upgraded corrections, just feel while under warranty, they need to "Honor" the products advertised abilities!;)

Agreed DC, I think we all expect to get what we pay for no matter what it may be. If I paid for a certain advertised item I expect at least that item or one better if they are out , NOT to get a lessor item.

DC... I voted before I saw this post. If an upgrade fixes a problem than the answer is Yes everyone should receive it. If the upgrade is an enhancement and not a fix then I'd say Yuneec is not responsible to provide everyone with the product.

So far the new ST16 just sounds like an enhancement. Kinda like say they came out with a newer battery that provides longer flight. They would not be responsible to provide existing battery owners with the new one.
No ! The new ST16+ is going to be provided to honor their 1.2 mile range as told by a Yuneec rep I had spoken too! which means upgrading the 2.4 gh on the H too! Too much for us to ask that they provide what is necessary to get what they advertised ? Anyways, I will leave this to you all to state your feelings, as I don not want to become, what I don't like ! LOL ! I LOVE MY H !!!!

Reactions: eric bee
Send me the upgrades parts FOC, and i'll happily do the upgrade mods myself. I feel this is a small gesture to those that bought the initial launch batch. Annual product evolution is a tech norm...BUT these are corrections done a few months after the product is settling into customers' hands, there's a difference here. Now if they com out with a pro camera option as an upgrade that's a different story. As for the relocating of control and telemetry antennas......really, do we need to pound that poor dead horse into glue?

@darkwhitechocolat change antenna, call yuneec for Cam-Replacement, and maybe copter (have you lastest firmware, and have you done all calibrations?)

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval