Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How Many Feel This Would Be Fair?

Under Warranty, Is Yuneec Responsible for Upgrades to Shortfalls ?

• Total voters
You said in one sentence what I massacred with my phone in 3+ paragraphs. I'm calling Yuneec about the camera. If they claim the blurred image it's caused by the minor crash I had, then I'm done with them forever.

Who else is not satisfied with their camera? This is my second. The original worked for two days and failed to power up. I received a new-in-box but really didn't realize the blurry video was a fault of the lens, not my ignorance :)

Can you provide an example of you blurry photos? I know I have never had one blurry photo, unless I was flying or made a mistake myself.

@darkwhitechocolat change antenna, call yuneec for Cam-Replacement, and maybe copter (have you lastest firmware, and have you done all calibrations?)
I ended up buying the FPVLR setup, it really helps but it should go as far as they claim, I think I had a defective antenna or 2 because it would only give me 500' or less (in the hills, flats, ocean...) It crashed landed once because of the toilet bowl so hard that it broke the camera mount, I had to order another and Yuneec didn't want to hear about the drone going haywire. They just wanted more $ to send me the part... I do calibrations before I install the rotor blades at every new location. The camera is fuzzy on the right and left sides, the middle is pretty good, but it could be better. I have toyed with the lens upgrade idea but don't really want to spend 150+ on a lens to "fix" my new camera and void the warranty in the process.

The main reason I don't want to ship it to them to fix is the wait time involved. shipping, fixing, shipping.

Reactions: eric bee
They owe you nothing...as products evolve regardless of timetable you should appreciate the companie's efforts to make a better product. No one held a gun to your head (perhaps a bad analogy right now in America) to be the first to buy an H in fact many of the same complainers were the one's who complained they weren't getting the original H out quickly enough. You should be pondering your own haste in desiring the first one off the assembly line knowing in this industry things can change overnight and be satisfied with your original decision. People who fly these things are the most unrealistic consumers I've ever encountered and I suspect have never develop a product. Go out and fly and enjoy and be thankful for what you have. Don't interpret this as saying the consumer shouldn't help development along but this sort of behavior slows the development process. Why can't you applaud Yuneec for their desire to improve the product?

OK,,, I disagree !! 100%,,, I have developed a product and it has evolved 8 times since,,, I replace without question any failure of the original or flawed product that any customer has received. We replace with the most current version... Of course as the product evolved we did not flood the market with a test product for our customers to burden our lack of professionalism. The idea that there may be a flaw because the first ones out had only been tested under our series of test and not the general publics. We knew that it would be used in more environments than we had available to test. So your way off on this and because YUNEEC choose to flood the market with a flawed product they are reaping what they sow,,,, There H sales are next to nothing now and not even the ones for sell here in the classifieds are being bought,,,, The reason is YUNEEC didn't think and did not consider us. They wanted to be seen and because they are not supporting there product now they are being seen in a negative light. It's there fault and they deserve to go down if that's the result of there actions. We as the consumer are not obligated to be test subjects for any company or product. This product is actually a safety hazard with the bugs that are being seen. As a manufacture of any product placed in the publics hands you are responsible for any damage resulting from a malfunction. This falls under warranty,,, Yuneec is now at almost 8000 cases on file so you decide,,,,,

I'm mixed about this one. This is how I see it. IF the "H" does not perform as advertised and these upgrades whether hardware or firmware are needed to make it perform as "advertised" then they should be provided to original purchasers because the product did not perform as specified.

IF however, these changes enhance the performance of the original then, "NO". They don't need to provide anything to early adopters. Thats the price we pay for buying early...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval