Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How many satellites ?

Reaction score
How many satellites must you have for a successful take off? I had 12 to 14 but would allow me to take of, the leds were blinking away no solid lights.It was very overcast and cloudy but the old Q just sat there in a quandary.............

important is not only the count of Sats. If you have a bad signal strength, you will not get a GPS-READY

maxresdefault.jpg

If you had 12 to 14 sats showing, you were good to go with sats. Did you see "Ready" showing on the box for the Q ?
The Led's flashing might have been telling you many things like a compass that needs calibrating, in a No Fly Zone,Return to Home mode,Low battery or no contact with the radio.

On the ST10+ there are two Sat Numbers displayed. The one on the left side of the screen inside the little box is the bird. The one at the top right is the ST10+

When I normally take off the Bird will have 10+ and I wait until the ST10+ is at 7+. BTW it will take longer for the ST10+ Sats to show up then the Bird Sats on the display.

When you first take off get it off the ground in a hurry to about 20 feet or so. Let go of the sticks and let it settle in for 20-30 seconds. It might drift slightly so be prepared but otherwise once it settles and does not drift much or act funny you are good to go. Just re-check the display to make sure the Sat signals are good and then off you go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop