Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How much to rebuild Q500 body?

Reaction score
I have a number of structural and cosmetic cracks in the fuselage of my Q500 from hard landings and outright crashes. I have repaired the damage as best I could with JB Weld epoxy. It still flies but replacing the body seems like a complicated job that I would rather let an expert do. Does Yuneec rebuild machines and check them out? How much would this cost me?

I have a number of structural and cosmetic cracks in the fuselage of my Q500 from hard landings and outright crashes. I have repaired the damage as best I could with JB Weld epoxy. It still flies but replacing the body seems like a complicated job that I would rather let an expert do. Does Yuneec rebuild machines and check them out? How much would this cost me?
If you are really good with soldering skills then it's not a bad fix. Takes several hours for a first time airframe change. You need a 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm long shaft hex driver to remove the 63 screws. By far the most difficult step is reinstalling the ESC's. If you overheat those tiny boards with the solder gun they're history.
I think the airframe is around $63. I'm certain you can get a quote to have the job done by a shop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis