Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How NOT to land your H

Being a new drone flyer myself I sat here and was baffled at this. He came in what seemed to be a pretty decent speed and after that first scare when it scrapped the asphalt, dude pull of the throttle a bit and regroup. Hover the thing and bring it in slowly but like you all said, he was in smart mode in angle mode this wouldn't of happened.

Ouch Man I never fly in smart mode no reason to if you know how to fly...The only time you use smart mode is in Follow Me Or Watch Me mode.

Theirs just something about guys that constantly follow their machine around?My buddy does that follow it thing always looks at his controller movement,he's also turns turtle a lot.LOLHe didn't seem to be in much of a fish to retrieve his down bird,still looking at the 16 at the end.!

Ouch Man I never fly in smart mode no reason to if you know how to fly...The only time you use smart mode is in Follow Me Or Watch Me mode.
Exactly,I've been casually mentioning the death circle,I had my circle experience,and it pains me to watch unsuspecting,non fully reading the operators manual go down.

Being a new drone flyer myself I sat here and was baffled at this. He came in what seemed to be a pretty decent speed and after that first scare when it scrapped the asphalt, dude pull of the throttle a bit and regroup. Hover the thing and bring it in slowly but like you all said, he was in smart mode in angle mode this wouldn't of happened.
Correct,and as he kept approaching it was retreating,in other words the machine was working fine,totally pilot error in my opinion .

Reactions: Forrestt
To be honest using smart mode when I first flew Yuneecs I found it to be a henderance,not so much for me cause I had experience,but a few people I helped teach to get into the sport.Im not a fan of headless mode for learning and the geo fences can be confusing to new pilots,like that poor guy in the video trying to get his H down.

Reactions: Forrestt
To be honest using smart mode when I first flew Yuneecs I found it to be a henderance,not so much for me cause I had experience,but a few people I helped teach to get into the sport.Im not a fan of headless mode for learning and the geo fences can be confusing to new pilots,like that poor guy in the video trying to get his H down.
I couldn't agree more friend!

Smart mode should be called idiot mode for people like this. And then to post it on youtube or wherever for people to see. Guess child protective services can use the footage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis