Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To Disable Smart Mode

Here is my easy fix and still have it usable at a touch of two fingers.

Cut this out of .060 lean and used good quality servo tape to attach . Angle of controller is just about perfect , if you want more coverage put a small bend in it. Pic are self explanatory, you can still put in smart mode with two fingers and lock it back to angle with one finger. Trimmed to follow edje of case.

Now I have used three small plastic pieces on the st16

1. To keep internal fan from coming off
2. One inside case to keep SD card from falling inside while inserting
3. And this current one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I've been wondering why all this effort to disable Smart Mode when changing the switch position handles that quite well. Would someone enlighten me?

Reactions: charliehorse
It was not a disable, but a bypass for those who never use it and others that have accidentally bumped it and did not realize it and flew into the circle of death, only to crash. I have not done it, nor has the testers to my knowledge, but it's so easy to switch back and forth that it is a security blanket for newbs and or pilots who do not want to worry about it getting accidentally switch on, It has happened to many on here and even has resulted in several crashes and near crashes. Not all things are for everyone, but everyone should have a choice in my mind !. I do understand your question though, as I have chosen to just be diligent on my switch positions !

Reactions: Forrestt
Dear YUNEEC.

Please add a selectable TONE for the ANGLE, SMART MODE and RTH switch. DJI has a nice alarm sound for RTH built into their controller/DJI GO APP. It would be nice to have a user selectable tone for ANGLE and SMART MODE built into the YUNEEC App. Like a few Beep, Beeps when one of those flight modes is selected.

Something to consider for a future firmware addition.

Thank you

Dear YUNEEC.

Please add a selectable TONE for the ANGLE, SMART MODE and RTH switch. DJI has a nice alarm sound for RTH built into their controller/DJI GO APP. It would be nice to have a user selectable tone for ANGLE and SMART MODE built into the YUNEEC App. Like a few Beep, Beeps when one of those flight modes is selected.

Something to consider for a future firmware addition.

Thank you

Better yet, let's make it talk so you don't have to remember what the beeps mean;)
It is a tablet, after all:D

Why not replace the switch with a three position locking toggle switch that needs to be lifted to change position?

I don't like super simple smart mode although it has come in handy at times. Your at the edge of LOS low to the horizon and lose orientation. Short of RTH increase altitude and pull back on the stick and it will return.

Better yet get rid of super simple smart mode and add a stabilized non GPS mode that is selectable, this has become the standard and the mode many of us fly fpv with. An in flight selectable non GPS mode is on my wish list.

I've been wondering why all this effort to disable Smart Mode when changing the switch position handles that quite well. Would someone enlighten me?
Well said Pat.
I worry about people flying these machines that are not able to control what their hands are doing with the switches!!

Well said Pat.
I worry about people flying these machines that are not able to control what their hands are doing with the switches!!

I have not accidentally flicked the switch but I can quite easily see how it would be done when reaching for the landing switch. Lets hope it doesnt happen to you

I have not accidentally flicked the switch but I can quite easily see how it would be done when reaching for the landing switch. Lets hope it doesnt happen to you
Right. If it does I'll make sure to just flick it back again!

Right. If it does I'll make sure to just flick it back again!
Quite right it is when starting next to your garage door that you must pay most attention to. I do that quick check thing on switches before every flight I remember in my early Phantom days I was always forgetting to switch the camera on. If I was to request one extra thing on all Drones it would be that as soon as the motors started the camera and sound started to record. For me that is the whole purpose of a camera Drone. As it is the Typhoon however suits my purposes perfectly.

Quite right it is when starting next to your garage door that you must pay most attention to. I do that quick check thing on switches before every flight I remember in my early Phantom days I was always forgetting to switch the camera on. If I was to request one extra thing on all Drones it would be that as soon as the motors started the camera and sound started to record. For me that is the whole purpose of a camera Drone. As it is the Typhoon however suits my purposes perfectly.
Me too. Having to reset the camera every time is a nuisance, and I agree each flight is a bit of a mental test to remember everything but after a while it begins to become second nature.

Reactions: yuneec53

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop