Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HowTo: Analyze your flightlogs and watch your flights in Google Earth

I think that all were at one time, as I have files from China

I can just picture 100 Typhoon H's all being flow by 100 guys at the same time. Look like a flock of birds..

HEHE No idea why I pictured that.

BTW what are the dates you guys are seeing for those tests? Just the range, I don't need a list. i:)i

I seem to have 4 of them listed but only 2 contain data and my earliest seems to be 05/08/2016.. Weird they did not clear those.

Last edited:
I can just picture 100 Typhoon H's all being flow by 100 guys at the same time. Look like a flock of birds..

HEHE No idea why I pictured that.

BTW what are the dates you guys are seeing for those tests? Just the range, I don't need a list. i:)i

I seem to have 4 of them and my earliest seems to be 05/08/2016.. Weird they did not clear those.
I have one as far back as 12/2015, must have bought the one they used at the CES I LOL
Paladin, I meant at sometime or another, not all at one time! LOL !;):rolleyes:

I have one as far back as 12/2015, must have bought the one they used at the CES I LOL
Paladin, I meant at sometime or another, not all at one time! LOL !;):rolleyes:

Yes but it is funnier my way. i:)i

So how many do you have total that have data? Just curious.

I just noticed that when you hit save in that program it exports all the kmz files at once.

Yes but it is funnier my way. i:)i

So how many do you have total that have data? Just curious.

I just noticed that when you hit save in that program it exports all the kmz files at once.
I have 6 from China , two from Cali and the rest are mine! all mine! Heee Heee Heee

You could have inserted a link you know. I mean I know it is a bit more work but would it have killed you? i:)i

Just kidding man, I am unsure I seen that for sure, I have been reading as much as I an but I miss stuff.

Another thing I like about this utility is it also export in other formats that may be useful. I think it will export in the .csv that dashware needs. Not tested yet..

Last edited:
Here ya go Chief! Just tired of posting it, cause then someone will whine that I have posted it already 4 times! LOL, Just messing with you!;) Such a Lovin' group , I am just overwhelmed with LOVE on here!

Reactions: MarkC
By the way Paladin, can you redo your instruction on a step by step viseo like the one above, just for us ole'farts! LOL !

I did actually see that one. Never really hurts to repost. Hard to keep up on everything.
By the way Paladin, can you redo your instruction on a step by step viseo like the one above, just for us ole'farts! LOL !

Pretty much already step by step man. i:)i

Video requires a lot more work, screen shots, adding graphics etc.. I just don't have the time right now.

I did actually see that one. Never really hurts to repost. Hard to keep up on everything.

Pretty much already step by step man. i:)i

Video requires a lot more work, screen shots, adding graphics etc.. I just don't have the time right now.
Come on! your on this forum as much as me, which is always!(And that's okay!) You've got tons of time!!! LOL ! Thanks, I do understand and have done it already! I do also appreciate the time you did spend in making it available to us all too !:rolleyes:

The former "Save" Button now is called "Convert" and yes it converts all telemetry files with real flight modes in (not those, which have only initialization or calibration listed) and possible loaded CCC waypoint files (Typhoon H only). Conversion means Telemetry/Waypoints to Dashware (format like ST2DASH from Tami), KML, KMZ or GPX.

And hey, descriptions is a lot of work. So please read it to know more.

br HE

Drone,

-Install Google Earth to your PC.

-Get this tool.
3rd file down on the right side.
Downloads

DIRECT LINK: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip

Unzip the tool/program from the zip archive. The tool/program is called "q500log2kml.exe"

-Copy the telemetry data folder from your ST16 (under flightlogs) to your mSD card. Make sure you eject the SD card properly before you remove the mSD card or turn the ST16 off before you eject it.

Note: I use an OTG cable and put the data onto a normal USB stick.

You can also just use the supplied USB cable you get with the H to connect directly to your PC. You should see the files in a folder, just copy those to a folder on your PC.

-Copy the telemetry folder from the ST16 to to your PC using whatever method you choose.

-Run the "q500log2kml.exe" program.

-In the "q500log2kml.exe" program select folder next to "Flightlog" and point that to the saved telemetry data folder you copied to the PC.

-It will show you a list of your flights on the left. Numbered 00001, 00002 etc...

-Choose the flight on the left you want to view or export.

-Tabs can show you the data, histogram and settings.

-Select the settings tab. Make sure under the Output Files section that KMZ is selected.

-Export to kmz file by pressing SAVE.
It will save a file in the same folder that contains your telemetry files.
(If save is ghosted, select something other than kmz then select kmz again.)

Edit: Actually I think when you hit save it just exports them all out at once.

-Run Google Earth and import the kmz file you want to view.
-->File->Open and select the file.

That is it!

Did that help?
My Antivirus is blocking the download, see photo attached...2018-12-29 15_56_42-.png

I bypassed and downloaded it anyway.
Then scanned and no threat found.

Last edited:
WOW this is BRILLIANT SOFTWARE!!! AWESOME!!!
Especially if you do lose the drone, you can find it :)
The first file on mine shows what appears to be a factory test flight in Xianshenglou!!!
They didn't seem to fly it very long either! See photo...2018-12-29 16_26_12-Google Earth Pro.png

Yes, this is the common test area of Yuneec.

The domain mooo.com is an dynamic DNS service. I need it to address my home server.
Unfortunately some guys that use the same domain doing strange things. This is probably the reason why some anti-virus programs have it on the black list. They don't like the links inside the PDF file and the link that is stored in the program itself to get updates and user manual from the internet.

There is no virus or malware. It's the download address itself.

br HE

Just so you know, I got the following threat message from my antivirus once i had all the files
You might want to check the pdf file as this may be why somebodys blacklisted the domain...View attachment 13410
Program works awesomely! Love it! Thanks for this!

AVG and Avast have been giving false positives. Partly because the program is written with software that allows it to run self contained and not have to rely on having this driver and that driver, etc. I have been using Q500log2kml for close to a year now and my computer has been virus free for 4 years. h-elsner has made several updates in the last half of 2018 to incorporate reading the telemetry files from the two newest Yuneec products the TH+ and the Mantis Q. He is one of the most valued members on the forum providing this gem for free.

Reactions: Dr Delta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval