Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

Please.I can not figure it out. I am a beginner. Is there anyone who can explain it to me in an easy way. I have firmware that I downloaded from fux. TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A (1) .bin and Firmware Update Setup (zip file). What should I do to update the EU to Standard, steps preference? thank you in advance for your help. :) (now I have the new firmware TyphoonH_Ver2.15_E.bin)
If you don't want to create your own patched firmware, then you don't need the Zip archive. You can use my prepatched firmware and you're ready to go with this easy howto:

How to update with the patched firmware from E to A
  1. Download patched firmware from here: TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin (45,66 MB) - uploaded.net
  2. Copy the "TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin" in the root directory of your SD card.
  3. Insert SD card into the CGO3+ and power on the Typhoon H and the ST16.
  4. After the CGO3+ is connected (and you have a live stream on the screen) select "System Settings" -> "About Controller" and hit the second "UPDATE" button (Typhoon-H section).
  5. Now the files will be decompressed and the CGO3+ is updated.
  6. Wait until the process is done and you get a "Please restart aircraft" message. The CGO3+ is now blinking purple and after a few seconds the camera shuts down. The LED of the CGO3+ should be off then.
  7. Power off the Typhoon H and start it again.
  8. Now you have installed the 3.2.07 (A) version. You can check that in the "About Controller" screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fritz
I'm curious: How are your exact steps to do the update?

No, after a successful update the update file is automatically removed, there is no new file created on the SD card.
Good of you to take such time
STEP 1 Format SD Card
STEP 2 Copy your file the (A) version straight from my Download folder onto the card
STEP 3 Put SD card in to camera
STEP 4 Boot up the ST 16 then Boot up the H and wait for Camera to connect (my time is 94seconds)
STEP 5 Come out of Telemetry and go to update page
STEP 6 Click on the lower update button (which shows the E version)
STEP 7 First the file uploads to 100% (and it says part 1 of 3)
STEP 8 File then says decompressing (and it says part 2 of 3)
STEP 9 Then it differs sometimes the decompressing just finishes. Sometime I get a pop up saying "upgrading takes a long time do you wish to continue. Y or N" when I click yes nothing happens. And once I got the "connection failed" response . Always I end up with the xxx bin file on the SD card. I have tried with both the original Yuneec SD card and also with a different 32GB card.
I am in the UK. Just saw your latest post I have never got the restart message at anytime

Reactions: bowhunt and Fritz
Thanks, your steps are looking fine to me.

STEP 1 Format SD Card
Which filesystem? I would recommend FAT32 (exFAT is also possible, but I use FAT32).
STEP 7 First the file uploads to 100% (and it says part 1 of 3)
STEP 8 File then says decompressing (and it says part 2 of 3)
Three steps? In my case there are only 2 steps:

1/2 DECOMPRESSING...
2/2 UPGRADING...
STEP 9 Then it differs sometimes the decompressing just finishes. Sometime I get a pop up saying "upgrading takes a long time do you wish to continue. Y or N" when I click yes nothing happens.
On my H this message pops up BEFORE the decompressing and upgrading steps are starting.
And once I got the "connection failed" response . Always I end up with the xxx bin file on the SD card. I have tried with both the original Yuneec SD card and also with a different 32GB card.
Hm, there must be something wrong, I don't understand, while your upgrade process is so different.

And you are sure, that you have the latest version 2.15 (E) installed?

Which filesystem? I would recommend FAT32 (exFAT is also possible, but I use FAT32).
that's good. The Cam can work with exFAT but the ST16 DOESN'T work with exFAT sdcards! therfore FAT32 is allways good for firmware updates. ;)

Thanks, your steps are looking fine to me.

Three steps? In my case there are only 2 steps:

1/2 DECOMPRESSING...
2/2 UPGRADING...

On my H this message pops up BEFORE the decompressing and upgrading steps are starting.

Hm, there must be something wrong, I don't understand, while your upgrade process is so different.

And you are sure, that you have the latest version 2.15 (E) installed?
I think you have pointed to the problem. The still I have uploaded shows a much later update 3.2.07 (E) (it is the one from the UK Yuneec website) I think you can make out the exception message on the still at the bottom which says "HTTP connect response is failed resultCode=500"

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h36m24s223.png
    vlcsnap-2016-07-29-15h36m24s223.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
I think you have pointed to the problem. The still I have uploaded shows a much later update 3.2.07 (E) (it is the one from the UK Yuneec website) I think you can make out the exception message on the still at the bottom which says "HTTP connect response is failed resultCode=500"
No no, version 3.2.07 (E) for the camera is correct. I meant the version of the main firmware file, which is 2.15, sorry for the confusion. Currently I really don't have a clue, whats the problem on your side. I'm also confused of this HTTP connect error.

Did you try to download my firmware again? Maybe the download was corrupted. I'm really sad, that I can't help you further :(

No no, version 3.2.07 (E) for the camera is correct. I meant the version of the main firmware file, which is 2.15, sorry for the confusion. Currently I really don't have a clue, whats the problem on your side. I'm also confused of this HTTP connect error.

Did you try to download my firmware again? Maybe the download was corrupted. I'm really sad, that I can't help you further :(
One last query because you have been very patient. You mention your modified file a(A) firmware file. I only know of the files that are on the Yuneec UK website i.e. The camera version 3.2.07 (E) and the ST 16 file. Maybe a UK Typhoon person who has done it will be able to help. Again thanks for your patience.

This looks really sweet! I just bought my H today and got the tip from the dealer (sweden) that it was possible to flash the A firmware to get some better connections and a quick googling I'm here!

Just one question, since the firmware on the site updates the Gimbal, Autopilot and Camera but your firmware just updates the cam, should I first flash the one from Yuneec to update the Gimbal and AP and after that flash yours for the cam?

One last query because you have been very patient. You mention your modified file a(A) firmware file. I only know of the files that are on the Yuneec UK website i.e. The camera version 3.2.07 (E) and the ST 16 file. Maybe a UK Typhoon person who has done it will be able to help. Again thanks for your patience.
Hm, but you used my update file from the first post in this thread? I'm a little bit confused, because I don't fully understand your post.

Last edited:
Just one question, since the firmware on the site updates the Gimbal, Autopilot and Camera but your firmware just updates the cam, should I first flash the one from Yuneec to update the Gimbal and AP and after that flash yours for the cam?

It depends on which camera version you have currently installed on your H.

Camera version "3.1.37" installed

You can use the A firmware file directly from Yuneec and flash it, there is no need for a patched firmware ;) Just download the A (Standard) firmware from here, flash it and you're done: Downloads - Typhoon H

Camera version "3.2.07" installed

You have to use my patched firmware. This firmware includes by the way all updates for the other modules, like firmware for the Typhoon H itself, the Gimbal and Autopilot. But they should be already up to date, if you have this camera version installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bowhunt
It depends on which camera version you have currently installed on your H.

Camera version "3.1.37" installed

You can use the A firmware file directly from Yuneec and flash it, there is no need for a patched firmware ;) Just download the A (Standard) firmware from here, flash it and you're done: Downloads - Typhoon H

Camera version "3.2.07" installed

You have to use my patched firmware. This firmware includes by the way all updates for the other modules, like firmware for the Typhoon H itself, the Gimbal and Autopilot. But they should be already up to date, if you have this camera version installed.
Thanks for your many replies I will keep trying.

Im in the UK. Just tried this, works perfect for me. From Flight Screen to Video Connect now takes just 10 seconds and no more dropout when the legs are folded up. Delighted.......
Hello would you like to spell out exactly how you did? I just tried it again . Download the file from fux. Copied it to formatted SD card. Put it in camera. Booted up . went to the update screen and pressed update. It uploaded and then decompressed. Whilst decompressing the camera light went to flashing purple. Then it stopped and said no connect response. Thanks

I just followed the Instructions as in post #41. It was easy. The only variation was that I did not format the card, I deleted the 'DCIM' file (on the card) then just put the Patched '.bin' file on the card. Put the card in the Camera and updated. I used the card that came with the 'H'.

I just followed the Instructions as in post #41. It was easy. The only variation was that I did not format the card, I deleted the 'DCIM' file (on the card) then just put the Patched '.bin' file on the card. Put the card in the Camera and updated. I used the card that came with the 'H'.
Thanks for the reply much appreciated. I tried one more time doing as you did by just deleting the DCIM file. But still to no avail I never get to the prompt "restart the aircraft" I just get this funny message connect response failed Code 500. Really weird I must be doing something wrong. I doubt I would get any response from Yuneec UK about it! I will leave it for a while 90 secs to start is better then it was. Plus I now recycle the legs twice after takeoff to make sure the video connection does not drop out. Thanks again for the reply

Hello, and Thank you for your post, but something is not working on the standard version to replace the EU one...I don't know why, the decompress processing is during about 3 minutes, and past this time the process is beended, it says "time out" even if the 1 step on 2 was not yet finished... HELP please I tried about 15 times, now I'm over!...

Hello, and Thank you for your post, but something is not working on the standard version to replace the EU one...I don't know why, the decompress processing is during about 3 minutes, and past this time the process is beended, it says "time out" even if the 1 step on 2 was not yet finished... HELP please I tried about 15 times, now I'm over!...
Hmm, I used exactly the same file to flash my H, the file itself must be okay. Can you please check the checksum of the file you've downloaded? (Linux: md5sum/Windows: WinMD5 Free)

Checksums

Code:
94caf168ce5d5542f258ffdf49aebe59  TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin
56f7408783166c1e52a7df279cd1280b  TyphoonH_Ver2.15_E.bin
The checksums must be identical to the ones above.

If the MD5 checksums are identical: Can you please try another SD card?

DJI constantly checks the GPS position for FCC or EU mode. It seems that for the Typhoon H, Yuneec doesn't do this, and just looks at where it was purchased.
If I update from E to A with this update, will the range also increase to A standard, or will there somehow still be diferences somewhere?

Just so you do not think you are on your own. As you can see from this thread I have also tried many times., The file from Mr Fux I believe to be absolutely correct. This is proved by the many other people who have loaded it successfully. I have finally settled for the fact that with a comparatively cheap consumer product there will always be some problems . The very quick loading would have been nice but it is a lot better now than it used to be. In all other ways the Typhoon is excellent.

It looks like it does not give a better range, but it is more stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop