Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

Fux can you help me out ?
I have update from E to A , and made the stupid mistake to go back to E .
I have try to get make 3.2.09 (A) but i can't make a checksum thats working :(
Use his A to E firmware package a few posts ago. The one from the site will not work apparently if you have tried to do that. Hope that helps.

Fux can you help me out ?
I have update from E to A , and made the stupid mistake to go back to E .
I have try to get make 3.2.09 (A) but i can't make a checksum thats working :(
You updated from E to A, then to E again and you want now A? Just flash the A firmware update from the first post.

You updated from E to A, then to E again and you want now A? Just flash the A firmware update from the first post.
ok sorry, I've tried it a few times and no luck. Now tonight again and i have success.
Happy back to A again :) , thank you Fux for making this !

Reactions: fux
Well, Yuneec changed the German website. It is now a single, global one.

New (German) download page for the H firmware: Yuneec Downloadcenter Typhoon H

On the website is no warning "Don't use this on the Real Sense version" or something like that.

But: I got a message in a German forum from a Real Sense owner, which tried the update, and: Update is not working and quits with an error message. ****.

I think (and hope), that Yuneec will release an update soon with Auto Pilot updated - and maybe a special firmware for Real Sense included. Before that, I see no chance, to get it working, because I don't know the file structures from the Real Sense model firmware.

I will update the first post with a warning, that this is only for the Typhoon H Advance and the Typhoon H Pro without Real Sense.

the realsense 1.10 is alive:)

Hi Flux.
I would simply switch from E (last version) to A.

I read the whole thread, but I have the ideas a bit confused about what I should do.

I tried using the first post links, but do not work (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED).

It only works the "firmware_patcher_v1.zip" link, but I would like to use your package directly, without using the batch.

I missing something?

Thanks for your help and your patience.

I tried using the first post links, but do not work (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED).

I had big problems also. I bought a Class 4 SD card and it worked. I do not know why

That would also be my suggestion to try a another SD card. My already patched firmware file works, you don't need to create a new one with the batch file, the error message would be the same I think.

EDIT: Sorry, did I misunderstood you? You can't download the patched firmware file from the first post? Where did you get this message?

Last edited:
The links from my first post are working, but they are no longer available as an "Direct download" (fast downloading without premium account).

I opened a ticket at the Uploaded support page.

EDIT: Sorry, did I misunderstood you? You can't download the patched firmware file from the first post? Where did you get this message?

Sorry, I was not clear.
I can't download the patched firmware file from the first post.

If you can provide an alternative link, I will use what.

Thx.

Sorry, I was not clear.
I can't download the patched firmware file from the first post.

If you can provide an alternative link, I will use what.
No problem, you can use the mirror from @martins: MEGA

I've checked the files there, they are safe.

EDIT: I also added a Dropbox mirror on the first post.

Last edited:
the A version uses more 5,8GHz Channels and finds earlier free Channels. (Channels you normally can't use in EU ;) with A version in EU you will interfere other radio services. But it seems for most of us this doesn't matter ;)

Thanks for your informations.
I take advantage of your expertise to get you two questions:

1) Because the 5.8 GHz frequency is dedicated to the SRD (Shor Range Devices) WiFi non-specific, with such important radio services can interfere, if I use the first unused channels?

2) How is it that in Italy (Europe) radio kits are marketed as per the following link?

Kit trasmissione video FPV 5,8ghz 32ch 200mw 1000mt 6-28volt con controllo remoto canale PPM - Vendita Droni Professionali, Fpv, Trasmettitori Video, accessori GoPro - Sportcamera

They are for DJI Phantom, and have 200 mW of power.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Is there anyone who has updated " fux " firmware from the EU to Standard for Typhoon H Real Sense?

I finally found a solution to update the firmware of the CGO3+ from the Europe (E) to the Standard (A) version, if you already have the Europe version with the same version installed.

The short version: You have to unpack the firmware, rename the firmware file for the CGO3+ and repack everything. For detailed infos about the patching itself, please have a look at the end of this post.

If you just want to update your firmware from E to A: I uploaded a prepatched firmware file for you. Please follow this easy Howto:

Update prerequisites

Important: Use this update only, if you have the Typhoon H Advance or Typhoon H Pro without Real Sense module! There is currently no patchable firmware for the Real Sense version available.

Please check, if your installed versions from Gimbal, AutoPilot and Camera matches this screenshot below ("System Settings" -> "About Controller").

screen_780.png

If the versions match, you can proceed to the update below.

How to update with the patched firmware from E to A
  1. Download patched firmware from here: TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin (45,66 MB) - uploaded.net (Mirror)
  2. Copy the "TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin" in the root directory of your SD card.
  3. Insert SD card into the CGO3+ and power on the Typhoon H and the ST16.
  4. After the CGO3+ is connected (and you have a live stream on the screen) select "System Settings" -> "About Controller" and hit the second "UPDATE" button (Typhoon-H section).
  5. Now the files will be decompressed and the CGO3+ is updated.
  6. Wait until the process is done and you get a "Please restart aircraft" message. The CGO3+ is now blinking purple and after a few seconds the camera shuts down. The LED of the CGO3+ should be off then.
  7. Power off the Typhoon H and start it again.
  8. Now you have installed the 3.2.07 (A) version. You can check that in the "About Controller" screen.
Is it possible to revert from A to E?

Yes, it is possible! Especially if you want to return the H to Yuneec for repair. You can use this file, which flashes from your installed A to E firmware:

TyphoonH_Ver2.15_E.bin (45,66 MB) - uploaded.net (Mirror)

The flash procedure is the same, please have a look on my howto above.

Firmware patching batch script (for Windows users)

If you want to create your own patched firmware (and don't want to use my prepatched firmware file), then you can use my Windows batch script, which do the needed steps automatically for you.

The Zip contains a Windows batch script (.cmd) and the needed tools (unzip, zip and md5). And no, there is no Virus, Trojan or something else inside :) But you can of course scan these files on virustotal.com, before you use the script.

How to use the batch script
  1. Download the A version (TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin) firmware from the Yuneec Homepage.
  2. Download the attached Zip file in this thread post.
  3. Unpack the Zip file and put the downloaded firmware (TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin) inside this folder.
  4. Run the batch script, by double clicking the "firmware_patcher_v1.cmd" file.
  5. The script will output a few informations and a final message: "Done". You can now flash TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin. Have fun!"
  6. Continue with the following Howto.
Details about the patching itself and how I modified the firmware

First of all: The "binary" firmware update file is a Zip archive :D

So I unpacked this archive:
Code:
$ unzip TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin
Archive:  TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin
inflating: files.zzz
extracting: FILE_MD5.txt

And of course: The file "files.zzz" is also a Zip. I also unpacked this archive and I got the four real update files:
Code:
$ unzip files.zzz
Archive:  files.zzz
inflating: TyphoonH_FC_V1.16_27_5_2016.yuneec
inflating: TyphoonH_Flow_V1.04_3_25_2016.yuneec
inflating: cgo3+gb_3.2.07_LC2_A_firmware_30207.bin
inflating: CGO3PLUS_V1.22_2016_5_19.yuneec

With the old CGO3 (Q500) it was possible to update to an A version, when you rename the firmware file to a higher version. Huge thanks at this point to skyhawk75, who reminded me of this possibility!

So I renamed the file

"cgo3+gb_3.2.07_LC2_A_firmware_30207.bin"

to

"cgo3+gb_3.2.08_LC2_A_firmware_30208.bin"

and zipped the files again into the "files.zzz". I also updated the MD5 checksum in "FILE_MD5.txt", which contained the checksum for the "files.zzz" archive. In the final step I've created the final archive with "files.zzz" and "FILE_MD5.txt" inside, named "TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin".

Then I tried to update, and:

SUCCESS! It worked! :) It updated only the CGO3+, and didn't touch anything else. After the reboot I had the A version installed with the current version 3.2.07. So the modified filename didn't change the installed version number on the ST16, great!

Questions?

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask ;)

Have fun!
SUPER IMPRESSED!

hello, I do not have the same version of the autopilot (I have the V1.23 ) patch work with this version ? .
sorry for my English.

Bonjour, je n'ai pas la meme version de l'autopilote (j'ai la V1.23) le patch fonctionnera avec cette version ?.
desoler pour mon anglais.

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    924.6 KB · Views: 22
hello, I do not have the same version of the autopilot (I have the V1.23 ) patch work with this version ? .
It should work, I don't think they downgrade the autopilot version. But I can't guarantee you that, because I have only 1.16 installed.

Btw. there is an Uupdate coming in the next days. A service technican from Yuneec told me that. I will be on vacation for three weeks as of Friday, so I maybe cannot update the files shortly, but I will try.
sorry for my English.
Your English is better than mine ;)

You can't because I added the mirror after your message ;)

Thanks, and congratulations for your work.
I used your file to update from E to A; the work was easy and quick.

I could only do a few test flight, but the video breaks (retracting the carriage, and other random) have disappeared.

The video connection times are now 43 sec; before they were of 1 min 40 sec .

I hope to be able to soon test the range.

However it should be warned that the app on smartphone, to control CGO3P, will no longer work (as another thread).

Reactions: fux
However it should be warned that the app on smartphone, to control CGO3P, will no longer work (as another thread).
Yes, this is the only "issue". What I don't understand: I have tried a few USA Smartphones and they are also not seeing the CGO3+ wifi. Maybe someone has an idea to workaround this on EU smartphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval