Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

I reloaded you firmware and it downloaded then uncompressed and stopped . On looking on the card I know have another bin file xxx. And I am trying to use this to update.[/QUOT
This did not work either . When I tried to load the original Yuneec file this did not work as well . I willy again yomorrow

Back to (E) was not possible, this might by important for Guaranty repairs etc..
I created a patched E firmware and tried to update from A to E on my camera. And it worked fine!

I uploaded the A to E firmware here: TyphoonH_Ver2.15_E.bin (45,66 MB) - uploaded.net

I also updated the first post with a slightly modified Batch script (for E to A). I hope it is working now. Feedback welcome.
I reloaded you firmware and it downloaded then uncompressed and stopped . On looking on the card I know have another bin file xxx. And I am trying to use this to update.
You should empty your SD card, before you copy the patched firmware file on it. Maybe the update process chosen the wrong bin file, and that why it's not worked for you.
Will this work on a Mac also ?
No, this are only batch scripts for Windows. I also can't create a script for the Mac, because I have no Mac :) Maybe there is a Mac guy here, which can script it for you.

hy fux thx a lot for this great patch!!!! Before I waited 2:30min just for the picture to appear.
After updating I have picture in 40sec (inc booting up the typhoon and ST16)!!!!
Now that's and awesome improvement and now the typhoon is worth every penny!!!

Andy

Reactions: fux
Again thx fux - this patch fixed one of the main Problems with the YTH in Europe.
The best to me, no more disconnection during the fly.

Reactions: fux
Hi, does this procedure only affects the CGO3+ camera firmware? Or does it also updates the firmware of the H?

Hi, does this procedure only affects the CGO3+ camera firmware? Or does it also updates the firmware of the H?
I doesn't touch anything else, only the firmware of the CGO+3 is updated.

Btw. the other firmware files are completly identical to the E version. So the only difference between E and A is the firmware of the Camera.

Its really interesting that the connection time is so much faster with the A version. This can't just be the increased transmission power, strange...

Andy

I doesn't touch anything else, only the firmware of the CGO+3 is updated.

Btw. the other firmware files are completly identical to the E version. So the only difference between E and A is the firmware of the Camera.
Ok. Thx.

I will do the update tonight.

Its really interesting that the connection time is so much faster with the A version. This can't just be the increased transmission power, strange...
Yes, there must be an another reason for this.

With the A firmware the camera is blinking red and then green and it's ready to connect, only after 20 seconds. Using the EU firmware the camera is also blinking white (and sometimes yellow). Then the fan stops and starts again and it tooks forever. Most of the time 3 minutes, until the LED turns green.

Last edited:
Despite downloading the latest version you put up I still cannot load the A version. It does the uploading then the decompressing. There there is a pop up that says loading firmware will take a long time do you wish to continue. After pressing OK nothing happens for minutes. When I shut down and boot up again the E version is still there. I must be doing something wrong still. I will try again next week after flying the H.

Despite downloading the latest version you put up I still cannot load the A version. It does the uploading then the decompressing. There there is a pop up that says loading firmware will take a long time do you wish to continue. After pressing OK nothing happens for minutes. When I shut down and boot up again the E version is still there. I must be doing something wrong still. I will try again next week after flying the H.
Hm, very strange, that it doesn't work. Normally there should be a "Firmware is decompressing" message after the popup.

Was your H delivered with the current firmware? Or did you updated to 2.15 by yourself? Maybe some SD card issues, because you mentioned, that you also tried with the original firmware file?

Yes, updated! The E version took 1m49sec to connect.... Now with the A version it is 39sec!
Wow thanx fux

Hm, very strange, that it doesn't work. Normally there should be a "Firmware is decompressing" message after the popup.

Was your H delivered with the current firmware? Or did you updated to 2.15 by yourself? Maybe some SD card issues, because you mentioned, that you also tried with the original firmware filE]
Yes most others seem to manage . I am working on an update E file. I do get uploading first and then decompressing but it is the part 3 that does not kick in. The pop up that comes after saying do you wish to continue apparently does nothing more. I doubt it is the SD card buy I will give that a go. It does seem to save lot of boot time and stops signal drop out

Was your H delivered with the current firmware? Or did you updated to 2.15 by yourself? Maybe some SD card issues, because you mentioned, that you also tried with the original firmware file?
I will try another SD card

Andy
the A version uses more 5,8GHz Channels and finds earlier free Channels. (Channels you normally can't use in EU ;) with A version in EU you will interfere other radio services. But it seems for most of us this doesn't matter ;)

As long as Yuneec is not able to fix that in EU as long I will fly that patch, it's that simple.

Last edited:
Just by way of information about this patch. I tried with a different SD card 32 instead of the original 16 supplied. It uploaded and then decompressed and suddenly stopped and I got a message very very quickly "HP response connection failed". Never had that before. I will persevere with another card it must work in the end.

Is it right that after trying the update another bin file is created on the SD card "Verx.xxx,bin"

Just by way of information about this patch. I tried with a different SD card 32 instead of the original 16 supplied. It uploaded and then decompressed and suddenly stopped and I got a message very very quickly "HP response connection failed". Never had that before. I will persevere with another card it must work in the end.
I'm curious: How are your exact steps to do the update?
Is it right that after trying the update another bin file is created on the SD card "Verx.xxx,bin"
No, after a successful update the update file is automatically removed, there is no new file created on the SD card.

Please.I can not figure it out. I am a beginner. Is there anyone who can explain it to me in an easy way. I have firmware that I downloaded from fux. TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A (1) .bin and Firmware Update Setup (zip file). What should I do to update the EU to Standard, steps preference? thank you in advance for your help. :) (now I have the new firmware TyphoonH_Ver2.15_E.bin)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech