Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

I did it exactly like you and got the E, but i kept it ...
I live in CH and here there is no rule about the power, i could have the A, but writing to yunneec in europe is impossible, they never reply ...
Pascandrea,
I would be careful, because in Switzerland there are frequencies and power rules, the same as the rest of Europe.
Please have a look at this document.
Ric

Pascandrea,
I would be careful, because in Switzerland there are frequencies and power rules, the same as the rest of Europe.
Please have a look at this document.
Ric
This is really new for me,i didn't read it all but if you tell it, it must be true...
But i don t understand, are we sure that the power for europe is 25mW because i have several drone and i don t have a really good range at 25mW, after several dozen meter it stop ...

This is really new for me,i didn't read it all but if you tell it, it must be true...
But i don t understand, are we sure that the power for europe is 25mW because i have several drone and i don t have a really good range at 25mW, after several dozen meter it stop ...
An aircraft is a system, with several variables. Range depends on lots of things. So the worst way to manage range is to increase power (I read from a guy who stated the important is to cry as loud as you can ...). The goal is to have the maximum range you can with the less power used. E.g. antennas come in account.
By the way I got with the TH all stock and EU firmware a really great range. Will eventually consider improving video rx antenna, but more for better video downlink robustness than range.
Where are you flying?

On another side I just upgraded the firmware with the official one. Everything went easy straightforward. Did the bind, all the calibrations (gimbal, accelerometers, and compass) as this is a good practice for such things. Video connection still after 1min40sec ...
Will fly it in short, but I don't expect lot of news as it was flying really well before already. By the way I like the new features except the EV control, which should work for exposure time also (selectable?) as I always use manual exposure. On that why did Yuneec remove exposure times above 1/30 (>1sec)? Well I have to say I never used them.

What I expect next from Yuneec?
- Cross controls (trims) assignable for personal taste features
- Accessible firmware parameters (e.g. max bank angle)
- More configurable flight modes
- Black screen or similar in case of loss of video, because in case of video loss the screen freeze to the last picture. The problem arise when the copter is approaching an object. E.g. when several pictures are required from several points of view, moving close to something could be really dangerous if video loss is not immediately evident. This is a reason I still prefer an analogical video downlink.

Ric

I just updated fw from "A" to "A".
Now the gimbal does not work anymore.
CGO3 + play normally, but it is locked (no tilt and pan).

The previous fw "A" was migrated from "E" via flux package, but it worked perfectly.

Any idea what can be done?
Flux, there have been similar cases?
==============================================================
AUTO-ANSWER

I had NOT done the rebind of H (with the last step from E to A was not necessary, so I'm confused).

But I could not do the rebind the existing model, and I had to create a new (someone has idea why?).

The solution I came anyway by reading the forum thread, which is always great source of inspiration for me.

So thanks to all of you in the forum.

Now test flight.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I did not understand: 30 seconds of Connection Time with "A" or "E" firmare ?
In my case "A" is about 30 sec and "E" is more than a minute... (about 1m15s after turning on the YTH power)
EDIT: but I prefer being legally "on the way". Also using the CGO app makes sense (only available on "E"-firmware on EU WLAN) with the wizard and as a multiple displays. In addition to that I could not see any quality improvement on distances below 600 meters when using "A"...

Last edited:
Did they change something with the rear led color code after the new firmware installed , i have now some white led between the purple code, i have purple, purple, purple, white, purple, purple, purple, white, etc ...

Do i have anything to do or is it normal ?
I didn't see any white dot in the manual ...

Sorry i found it, but in very little font "NOTICE: White blink between solid flight mode indicates enough satellites for Watch Me/Follow Me."

Yes, the white LED shows you that you have enough Satellites for Follow me and Watch me Mode

For those with the EU version: you do not need this "patch" to go the Std version if you upgrade to a newer version. This patch is only needed if you want to stay on the same version (mainly used when you already have the latest version).
I succesfully upgraded a EU version to a STD version using the latest firmware (2.25) without any patch or hack. And this was even on the RealSense version too!

yes should work as firmware for Realsense is a separate file .update extension, newest Realsense update is RS_V_1_10.update released on 1.09.2016 why the don't give it for ppl please ask CS :)

Already installed and tested ?
What shows the About Controller Info ?
...and how to install a *.update File ?

For those with the EU version: you do not need this "patch" to go the Std version if you upgrade to a newer version. This patch is only needed if you want to stay on the same version (mainly used when you already have the latest version).
I succesfully upgraded a EU version to a STD version using the latest firmware (2.25) without any patch or hack. And this was even on the RealSense version too!

how did you do it ?
i also used the std version and got the eu instead when i switched on the typhoon ...

Already installed and tested ?
What shows the About Controller Info ?
...and how to install a *.update File ?
My Typhoon already came with RS version 1.10

how did you do it ?
i also used the std version and got the eu instead when i switched on the typhoon ...
Just normal procedure. Got the STD version, did the upgrade using the SD card. It went from (E) to (A). I repeated this with 2.24 and 2.25, and it worked both times.
Wifi image displays within 20 seconds now ;-)

Reactions: anthony h-ellary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33