Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

Yes it is what makes me afraid to update your file. So it does not affect my Real Sense.
I can't guarantee you that, because I can't try it. But Yuneec would be stupid to downgrade to an older firmware automatically ;)

But what we can try before: I can upload a firmware update file with only the CGO3+ update included (without any other firmware files inside). I will create and upload this file later and post the link here. With this you should be on the safe side, when you've received your H with Real Sense :)

Reactions: Scotty57 and Fritz
I can't guarantee you that, because I can't try it. But Yuneec would be stupid to downgrade to an older firmware automatically ;)

But what we can try before: I can upload a firmware update file with only the CGO3+ update included (without any other firmware files inside). I will create and upload this file later and post the link here. With this you should be on the safe side, when you've received your H with Real Sense :)
THANK YOU.

Here we are, this is the firmware update file, with only the needed CGO3+ update file included:

EDIT: I removed the link, because the update isn't working. If you already downloaded the file, please delete it and use the file from the first post, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: bowhunt
I wrote some mail to Yuneec.com:

Reply from Yuneec:

Yes that firmware works for the Typhoon H with or without Real Sense. Please let us know if you have any more questions. Thank you and have a Yuneec day!

I wrote again:

You said that the new firmware for H standard is the same for H Real Sense. I wanna opdate H Real Sense, from Europe to Standard. I've Radio License to have two send more than allowed in Europe. Can I do it without destroying firmware two H Real Sense.

Reply from Yuneec:

The firmware for standard will only work for US territory. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

What should I do? Help Wanted, if you can.

Last edited:
Reply from Yuneec:

The firmware for standard will only work for US territory. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Yes, which other answer do you've expected? You will never ever get an offical answer like "Yes, you can update to Standard from EU" ;)
What should I do? Help Wanted, if you can.
I would try it with the CGO3+ only update, which I've posted earlier in post #83. I don't think that it can go wrong - you only update the camera, because nothing else is included.

Yes, which other answer do you've expected? You will never ever get an offical answer like "Yes, you can update to Standard from EU" ;)

I would try it with the CGO3+ only update, which I've posted earlier in post #83. I don't think that it can go wrong - you only update the camera, because nothing else is included.

What changes update on CGO3 + only update? Compared to the current CGO3 + in Europe? I will try it when it comes and let you know.

What changes update on CGO3 + only update? Compared to the current CGO3 + in Europe?
I try to explain it to you:

The file "TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin" is only a Zip file. Inside this Zip files is an another Zip File, which includes the following files:
  1. cgo3+gb_3.2.07_LC2_E_firmware_30207.bin (Firmware update file for the CGO3+)
  2. CGO3PLUS_V1.22_2016_5_19.yuneec (Firmware update file for Gimbal)
  3. TyphoonH_FC_V1.16_27_5_2016.yuneec (Firmware update file for Auto Pilot)
  4. TyphoonH_Flow_V1.04_3_25_2016.yuneec (Firmware update file for the Typhoon H itself)
In my original patched firmware file, there are all firmware update files included. In the file, which I've uploaded on post #83 there is only the firmware file for the CGO3+ included.

I hope it is now a little bit more understandable for you ;)

Important

I got a message on a German Forum - sadly the firmware update from post #83 isn't working :( Please don't use it, If you have already downloaded it! I removed also the link, please use the update file from the first post.

I tried the update on my H and it is really not working. The FlightMode App on the ST16 crashes and nothing happens. Im sorry :( I think the update app tries to access all files in the firmware file, and crashes, when they not exist.

@bowhunt: I think you have to try the the original patched file from me (the file from the first post) on your Real Sense H, if you want to try it. Currently I see no other solution for this :(

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Fux, post: 38897, medlem: 2707"] Vigtigt

Jeg fik en besked på en tysk Forum - desværre firmwareopdateringen fra post # 83 er ikke i orden :(Undlad venligst at bruge det, hvis du allerede har hentet det! Jeg fjernede også linket.

Jeg forsøgte opdateringen på min H, og det er virkelig ikke. Den FlightMode App på ST16 krak og der sker ikke noget. Im ked :(Jeg tror opdateringen app forsøger at få adgang til alle filer i firmware filen, og nedbrud, når de ikke eksisterer.

[USER = 1895] @bowhunt [/ USER]: Jeg tror, du er nødt til at prøve den oprindelige lappet fil fra mig (filen fra det første indlæg) på din Fast Sense H, hvis du ønsker at prøve det. I øjeblikket ser jeg ingen anden løsning på dette :([/ quote]

Tak.

I try to explain it to you:

The file "TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin" is only a Zip file. Inside this Zip files is an another Zip File, which includes the following files:
  1. cgo3+gb_3.2.07_LC2_E_firmware_30207.bin (Firmware update file for the CGO3+)
  2. CGO3PLUS_V1.22_2016_5_19.yuneec (Firmware update file for Gimbal)
  3. TyphoonH_FC_V1.16_27_5_2016.yuneec (Firmware update file for Auto Pilot)
  4. TyphoonH_Flow_V1.04_3_25_2016.yuneec (Firmware update file for the Typhoon H itself)
In my original patched firmware file, there are all firmware update files included. In the file, which I've uploaded on post #83 there is only the firmware file for the CGO3+ included.

I hope it is now a little bit more understandable for you ;)

The file for cgo3 + gb_3.2.07 Is OK.
The file forCGO3PLUS_V1.22 Is Ok
You have the 2 files TyphoonH_FC_V1.16 (Autopilot) but on screen: Version V1.23
Filen.TyphoonH_Flow_V1.04, can you not see on the screen.
but as for Real Sense. version v1.06

But according Yuneec.com should firmware be to Advance and Real Sense.
So I must assume that your update does not destroy my Real Sense software, which may be built. Although you can not see it?
real sense.jpg

So I must assume that your update does not destroy my Real Sense software, which may be built. Although you can not see it?
View attachment 2326
As I already said, it should work, because the firmware files for the other components like are older and the update process should not use them.

It's up to you, if you want to try it.

As I already said, it should work, because the firmware files for the other components like are older and the update process should not use them.

It's up to you, if you want to try it.

Try to look at Yuneec Germany website. It says: USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF ST16 FIRMWARE; DO NOT USE WITH TYPHOON H PRO RS.
Although Yuneec.com says that firware is for both models. fuz you have the opportunity to check firmware from yunecc.de, onthe identical with your firmware?

Firmware Typhoon H Archive - Yuneec

Try to look at Yuneec Germany website. It says: USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF ST16 FIRMWARE; DO NOT USE WITH TYPHOON H PRO RS.
Although Yuneec.com says that firware is for both models. fuz you have the opportunity to check firmware from yunecc.de, onthe identical with your firmware?

Firmware Typhoon H Archive - Yuneec
I used the firmware from yuneec.com, not from the german page. But I will check, if the firmware files are different.

Well, Yuneec changed the German website. It is now a single, global one.

New (German) download page for the H firmware: Yuneec Downloadcenter Typhoon H

On the website is no warning "Don't use this on the Real Sense version" or something like that.

But: I got a message in a German forum from a Real Sense owner, which tried the update, and: Update is not working and quits with an error message. ****.

I think (and hope), that Yuneec will release an update soon with Auto Pilot updated - and maybe a special firmware for Real Sense included. Before that, I see no chance, to get it working, because I don't know the file structures from the Real Sense model firmware.

I will update the first post with a warning, that this is only for the Typhoon H Advance and the Typhoon H Pro without Real Sense.

But: I got a message in a German forum from a Real Sense owner, which tried the update, and: Update is not working and quits with an error message. ****.

I think (and hope), that Yuneec will release an update soon with Auto Pilot updated - and maybe a special firmware for Real Sense included. Before that, I see no chance, to get it working, because I don't know the file structures from the Real Sense model firmware.

I will update the first post with a warning, that this is only for the Typhoon H Advance and the Typhoon H Pro without Real Sense.

What would happen when you uninstall the realsense hardware from the copter for the firmware-update from [E] to [A] ?

Well, Yuneec changed the German website. It is now a single, global one.

New (German) download page for the H firmware: Yuneec Downloadcenter Typhoon H

On the website is no warning "Don't use this on the Real Sense version" or something like that.

You're right, it is no more Yuneec.de side that On the website is no warning "Do not use this on the Real Sense version " . But it did when I gave you the message . Do not think they had finished editing their website. I do not any update on Real Sense before Yuneec comes with a new firmware. Thank fux .

What would happen when you uninstall the realsense hardware from the copter for the firmware-update from [E] to [A] ?
This is a good question, but I don't think this will help. I think the only problem currently is the AutoPilot module, which has version 1.22 on the Real Sense H and 1.16 on the Advanced/Pro. What I tried before was to remove the AutoPilot, Typhoon H and Gimbal firmware and only keep the Camera firmware inside the Update. And that wasn't working, sadly.

Maybe nobody tried the firmware from my first post on a Real Sense model, because I don't can guarantee, that the AutoPilot firmware isn't downgraded from 1.22 to the included 1.16. But if someone would take the risk, it maybe would working without issues, but as I already said: I cannot guarantee you that.

OK, two possible problems

missing realsense soft/firmware and old auto pilot firmware :(

We have to wait for the YUNTYHR and the solution how to install it ;)

Last edited:
Fux can you help me out ?
I have update from E to A , and made the stupid mistake to go back to E .
I have try to get make 3.2.09 (A) but i can't make a checksum thats working :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval