Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I had a 'won't land' situation

Reaction score
Was flying great earlier, when towards the end of the flight I was bringing it back down and all of a sudden it twitched up a foot or so, and then stopped coming down as fast. As it got closer to the ground, it got slower and slower. The GPS hold started to get slightly worse (not whole flyaway but drifting slightly) and as it got to head height it really slowed it's descent to a crawl It probably would have taken me a minute or two to get it to ground level.

So anyway, as soon as this started happening I switched straight out of GPS mode and landed it manually completely fine. On looking at the telemetry it started slowing to a crawl on descent between 0 and 1 metres height (it was actually between 2 and 3 metres up). When I switched it out of GPS mode and descended properly it actually landed at -2.7metres. So the Barometer obviously got out of whack somewhere along the lines (I'm guessing when it suddenly jumped up a foot or so).

I guess top tip is when this is happening to you (as with a flyaway), switch out of GPS mode into standard manual, and full control will return it seems. I'm on latest firmware and upgraded last week, have had 3 flights or so that have been fine, but this one got strange towards the end.

Reactions: Brent D
Sam,
Did you still have use of the RIGHT stick? Several others have reported this same situation and the right stick also would not function. Glad to know that flipping it out of GPS mode, would get you full control back.
Please give a call to Yuneec, if we do not tell that about such issues they will never look into it.
You are not the first, and I fear not the last to run into this.

Sam,
Did you still have use of the RIGHT stick? Several others have reported this same situation and the right stick also would not function. Glad to know that flipping it out of GPS mode, would get you full control back.
Please give a call to Yuneec, if we do not tell that about such issues they will never look into it.
You are not the first, and I fear not the last to run into this.

I think I still had right stick control yes, as I bought it back to directly in front of me. Once it was in front of me and a let go of the right stick it started to drift ever so slightly...that was when I switched off GPS and everything became back as expected. I will let Yuneec know in the week.

Was flying great earlier, when towards the end of the flight I was bringing it back down and all of a sudden it twitched up a foot or so, and then stopped coming down as fast. As it got closer to the ground, it got slower and slower. The GPS hold started to get slightly worse (not whole flyaway but drifting slightly) and as it got to head height it really slowed it's descent to a crawl It probably would have taken me a minute or two to get it to ground level.

So anyway, as soon as this started happening I switched straight out of GPS mode and landed it manually completely fine. On looking at the telemetry it started slowing to a crawl on descent between 0 and 1 metres height (it was actually between 2 and 3 metres up). When I switched it out of GPS mode and descended properly it actually landed at -2.7metres. So the Barometer obviously got out of whack somewhere along the lines (I'm guessing when it suddenly jumped up a foot or so).

I guess top tip is when this is happening to you (as with a flyaway), switch out of GPS mode into standard manual, and full control will return it seems. I'm on latest firmware and upgraded last week, have had 3 flights or so that have been fine, but this one got strange towards the end.
Just out of curiosity, was obstacle avoidance on? If so it should be off before attempting to land.

Greg

I never have obstacle avoidance on currently. Most of my flights have been out in open fields while I build up confidence in the Typhoon, and I don't see OA as necessary to have switched on, more like another thing to 'go wrong' and make strange things happen!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal