Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I just crashed my brand new H

I'm a previous DJI Phantom 2 owner that has waited for two months to get my H. First few flights were awesome... I'm not an expert drone flyer, but not clueless either.

Today, I decided to try the team mode with my wizard. After flying with the ST16, I got accustomed to holding the red button down to land. I though I observed the same instruction for the wizard when I watched the videos, but apparently I didn't. I held the red button on the wizard when I was ready to land and watched in horror as the props froze in mid air and the bird dropped 15 feet onto concrete. Broken landing gear, snapped rotor arms, CG3+ in pieces.

This is obviously my fault, as I held down the button that stop the rotors in mid air... except... why the *^$% is there A BUTTON THAT STOPS THE ROTORS IN MID AIR??? :mad: This is particularly frustrating when the ST16 has a red button that results in graceful landings.

My RMA instructions were just sent, and the Yuneec rep was super helpful and courteous on the phone. I just can't believe this happened.
The RED button on the ST16 is not to land it! It is also to kill the motors! After landing and idling the motors for 3 seconds is the only time you are supposed to use the red button. Sorry and hope your back up in the air soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Forrestt
Best way to land is with the THROTTLE, HOLD all the way down on touch down in 2 sec the motors will go to idle.
The and ONLY THEN hit the RED kill switch.
I feel for you,
I just broke 2 props this morning, MY fault, I was hot rodding around the trees in my yard and backed into a pine tree. About 1 foot off the ground.
Just checked my Wizard, red button has START/STOP written on it.
I hope Yuneec will get it repaired quickly for you.

I have never heard you can land by cutting the motors 10-12 inches off the ground I always LAND assure its completely done then kill the motors (with the red button) is this really an issue? If YUNEEC intended the red button to land it would have a landing button which in my opinion can also be the RTH if you're in an open area since its not dead on...

Reactions: Snagglesworth
There is a common practise out there with the Q500 + etc, when people were finding it had that "bounce" when bringing it into land or it a bit wild and windy when you get to 6 to 12 inches off the ground ( i prefer closer to 6 inches) hit the red kill switch button and she will set down nice and gentle works a treat, as long as you follow the height rule, any higher bye bye drone !

There is a common practise out there with the Q500 + etc, when people were finding it had that "bounce" when bringing it into land or it a bit wild and windy when you get to 6 to 12 inches off the ground ( i prefer closer to 6 inches) hit the red kill switch button and she will set down nice and gentle works a treat, as long as you follow the height rule, any higher bye bye drone !

wow i never knew that i had the q500 and the 500+

I take it the red button is red for a reason. It's a kill switch no?

My first H almost always wanted to tip over when I landed and motors would not idle down when holding throttle stick down so the red button was pushed as soon as landing gear touched ground. If you've for some reason crashed into a tree, you might also want to press the red button ASAP to save some gear! Normally, only use as described above! :)

My first H almost always wanted to tip over when I landed and motors would not idle down when holding throttle stick down so the red button was pushed as soon as landing gear touched ground. If you've for some reason crashed into a tree, you might also want to press the red button ASAP to save some gear! Normally, only use as described above! :)
I got it. Good to know.

I'm a previous DJI Phantom 2 owner that has waited for two months to get my H. First few flights were awesome... I'm not an expert drone flyer, but not clueless either.

Today, I decided to try the team mode with my wizard. After flying with the ST16, I got accustomed to holding the red button down to land. I though I observed the same instruction for the wizard when I watched the videos, but apparently I didn't. I held the red button on the wizard when I was ready to land and watched in horror as the props froze in mid air and the bird dropped 15 feet onto concrete. Broken landing gear, snapped rotor arms, CG3+ in pieces.

This is obviously my fault, as I held down the button that stop the rotors in mid air... except... why the *^$% is there A BUTTON THAT STOPS THE ROTORS IN MID AIR??? :mad: This is particularly frustrating when the ST16 has a red button that results in graceful landings.

My RMA instructions were just sent, and the Yuneec rep was super helpful and courteous on the phone. I just can't believe this happened.
Did yuneec fix it for free or were you charged for the service? Mine had a malfunction yesterday and I'm afraid they will try to blame me for the malfunction and not fix my h. I'm really upset and can't really sleep haha its an expensive adult toy if u will

Did yuneec fix it for free or were you charged for the service? Mine had a malfunction yesterday and I'm afraid they will try to blame me for the malfunction and not fix my h. I'm really upset and can't really sleep haha its an expensive adult toy if u will

yuneec stands behind and their pilots im sure if it wasnt stupidity theyll fix it for FREE

Dont worry if you have a problem and as your last resort ask to speak with Ryan Borders...hes the customer service director.

I cannot believe people are suggesting using the motor shut off button to land their aircraft. The button is for armining and disarming the motors. If they have a problem landing their aircraft because of a slight "bounce" on touch down they can simply stop the landing descent about a foot before the gear touches the ground and hover for a second. Touch down after the hover occurs gently in any flight mode.

Using the arning button at any time while in flight promotes a crash. One that is the fault of the operators. RTFM folks.

I cannot believe people are suggesting using the motor shut off button to land their aircraft. The button is for armining and disarming the motors. If they have a problem landing their aircraft because of a slight "bounce" on touch down they can simply stop the landing descent about a foot before the gear touches the ground and hover for a second. Touch down after the hover occurs gently in any flight mode.

Using the arning button at any time while in flight promotes a crash. One that is the fault of the operators. RTFM folks.
Exactly ! dumb move to initiate !

Dont worry if you have a problem and as your last resort ask to speak with Ryan Borders...hes the customer service director.
i jotted that name down thanks....i too am wondering if yuneec is going to charge me for a camera/gimbal that i sent in....i had to pay to ship it to them....no crash....I dont want to say on this forum what happened because i dont want the trolls all over this one...what happened was def a fluke thing and not my fault...if anyone wants to know (and you arent a troll) you can pm me....

i jotted that name down thanks....i too am wondering if yuneec is going to charge me for a camera/gimbal that i sent in....i had to pay to ship it to them....no crash....I dont want to say on this forum what happened because i dont want the trolls all over this one...what happened was def a fluke thing and not my fault...if anyone wants to know (and you arent a troll) you can pm me....
Ray, They will not charge you ! I am totally confident about that ! As it was clearly a manufacturer issue, not a flight issue.;) Any new from them when you might be back up in the air ?

i emailed yuneec yesterday....good news is that i received an email back right away...bad news is that apparently their techs are busy with repairs that came to them way before mine did....so the wait begins....i was told that a rep would email me when it is looked at and let me know the outcome...(repair/replace)....this i feel is quite normal...H was just launched with alot of newbies out there...so i'm sure yuneec service dept is overloaded right now.....

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox