Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I knew it would happen eventually, but not like this... :-(

Reaction score
Long story short, was hovering one second getting set up for sunset pic at about 100 ft. off the ground and then the next second she's falling to the ground with no power. Attached to the thread is a picture of the carnage . I already spoke with Yuneec and send them the telemetry, so we will see what happens. Below is a dropbox link to the csv file for the telemetry if anyone wants to take a look.

thanks.

James

Dropbox - Telemetry_00045.csv

Attachments

• IMG_2750.jpg
    IMG_2750.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 233
Aww, man, that REALLY sucks. So sorry for your loss and luck. It hurts me just seeing your Typhoon laying there sprawled out like that, looking toasted.

Hopefully your csv file will indicate what the problem was and, fingers crossed, will vindicate you as the culprit and Yuneec takes care of you. For what it's worth, from what I've seen, read and heard they are very good about standing behind their products when a crash occurs that wasn't caused by pilot error.

I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. Chin up. Tomorrow will be a better day.

P.S. Let me know when the H's burial is and I'll send virtual flowers!

Reactions: ChadCloses
Aww, man, that REALLY sucks. So sorry for your loss and luck. It hurts me just seeing your Typhoon laying there sprawled out like that, looking toasted.

Hopefully your csv file will indicate what the problem was and, fingers crossed, will vindicate you as the culprit and Yuneec takes care of you. For what it's worth, from what I've seen, read and heard they are very good about standing behind their products when a crash occurs that wasn't caused by pilot error.

I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. Chin up. Tomorrow will be a better day.

P.S. Let me know when the H's burial is and I'll send virtual flowers!

I appreciate the sentiment. The worst that could happen is that I will have to buy a new one and then I will have a second st-16 controller for team mode.

In the meantime while I await their decision, I'll be having nightmares about hearing the H and then all of a sudden not hearing it while I was staring at the monitor positioning the camera.

Thanks again,

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see that the telemetry is of much value in this case since it stops recording telemetry if it loses power. Could be a bad connection inside, a battery failure (unlikely) of something just burned out.
Was the battery still installed when you picked up the pieces? Did you check the battery with a volt meter after you recovered it?

Reactions: CC Rider
Can't see that the telemetry is of much value in this case since it stops recording telemetry if it loses power. Could be a bad connection inside, a battery failure (unlikely) of something just burned out.
Was the battery still installed when you picked up the pieces? Did you check the battery with a volt meter after you recovered it?

The battery was in the drone but had popped partly out from the impact. Haven't checked the voltage yet. I'll go ahead and do that.

The battery was in the drone but had popped partly out from the impact. Haven't checked the voltage yet. I'll go ahead and do that.

Take a Picture of that Meter Battery Reading while attached to the battery too.
Never can have enough documentation.
Rule it out as a cause before/if they try to bring it up.

Take a Picture of that Meter Battery Reading while attached to the battery too.
Never can have enough documentation.
Rule it out as a cause before/if they try to bring it up.

You and Forum Mod Steve Carr passed on some good information to jhousteniii to help him in a true time of need. Nice to know there are some good folks out there watching one another's backs when things go bad and who are willing to step up and help.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
You and Forum Mod Steve Carr passed on some good information to jhousteniii to help him in a true time of need. Nice to know there are some good folks out there watching one another's backs when things go bad and who are willing to step up and help.

IMG_2758.JPG

Which setting should I use if any on this meter.

Your meter looks quite different from my meter or even my old, trusty multitester unit, but I THINK you want to measure the DCV.mA levels... I think. If that's the case you would select the 5-500 3-position setting with the central switch knob and monitor the readings in the DCV.mA gauge. (It appears that your DC battery reading level only goes up to 9V, which the Typhoon battery well exceeds.) However, perhaps you can set the selector at 50 DC V (upper right of your meter) and get a valid voltage reading in that same region of your meter, using the middle arcing line of numbers within the DCV.mA range.I'd start there.

Your meter looks quite different from my meter or even my old, trusty multitester unit, but I THINK you want to measure the DCV.mA levels... I think. If that's the case you would select the 5-500 3-position setting with the central switch knob and monitor the readings in the DCV.mA gauge. (It appears that your DC battery reading level only goes up to 9V, which the Typhoon battery well exceeds.) However, perhaps you can set the selector at 50 DC V (upper right of your meter) and get a valid voltage reading in that same region of your meter, using the middle arcing line of numbers within the DCV.mA range.I'd start there.

That's what I thought about the 9v setting. I think I will just get a new meter with the proper readings.
Thanks again for all your help.

That's what I thought about the 9v setting. I think I will just get a new meter with the proper readings.
Thanks again for all your help.

Nothing wrong with this type of meter as long as the battery inside is still good. As @Mindbank says, use the 50v setting on the upper right. That is for a max 50 volts DC. If you test voltage using the mA range then it will probably burn out the fuse inside the meter.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

f1bef3fe12b6996188f2a284fcc7182d.jpg

Looks like just above 14v.

Reactions: donmcw
You have the meter set for 50v AC (red). Change it to 50v DC which is the black on the upper right side of the knob.

Last edited:
Yup. Looks like 15 or 16volts which is good. When you put the battery in the H before the flight did you hear it click into place?

Try putting the battery back in and see if you hear it click. Then try to remove it without lifting the lever on the battery to see if it feels like it's locked in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop