Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I knew it would happen eventually, but not like this... :-(

There have been a few times where people have installed the battery without getting it fully locked into place. You should hear and feel a snap or click when it's fully engaged. After you put it back in the H, see if the bird will turn on.

Did it the same way I have done it 3 dozen times before. Push it all the way in until click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steve Carr
Try putting the battery back in and see if you hear it click. Then try to remove it without lifting the lever on the battery to see if it feels like it's locked in.

I know that won't work because the end of the battery and that side of the bird is smashed and the clip that holds it in is broken.

I know that won't work because the end of the battery and that side of the bird is smashed and the clip that holds it in is broken.

Ah. Ok. It's hard to see the damage in the picture.

I'll be interested to see if Yuneec take care of you with this problem using a non Yuneec battery. It could as easily be the contacts on the battery that caused it as the H, and I wonder if these third party batteries are officially supported by Yuneec.
All previous evidence on this forum however seems Yuneec take care of most people within warranty.

Interesting point about the battery brand.

Yet another reason to keep with the original (Yuneec branded) stuff - possibly?

Don't know if it matters to them, but this battery was made specifically for the H. Or at least the label says so. It did actually give me a good 3-5 min extra flight time than the Yuneec batteries. Might have been the 5th time I used it.

Will do tomorrow. Time for bed right now. Thanks again.

I did the best I could to get the battery all the way in and she briefly powered up and then went out. Not sure if it wasn't making good contact or if something else is malfunctioning.

Don't know if it matters to them, but this battery was made specifically for the H. Or at least the label says so. It did actually give me a good 3-5 min extra flight time than the Yuneec batteries. Might have been the 5th time I used it.

For the previous times you were using this battery, did it ever give you a low battery warning while you were flying?

I had a buddy of mine have his H fall from the sky and when he sent it in to Yuneec, they determined that the main power distribution board had failed in flight. Fully covered it. Hope this turns out the same way for you.

Only when voltage hits 14.3.

Not to say this could have been the problem, but 14.3v equates to 3.57v per cell.
Maybe the batteries you were using don't react too well in regards to being dropped down so low?
It would be interesting to get other members opinions on these batteries to see just how well they do hold up. Given you have only used these for 5 cycles, I would doubt that this was a contributing factor.

Not to say this could have been the problem, but 14.3v equates to 3.57v per cell.
Maybe the batteries you were using don't react too well in regards to being dropped down so low?
It would be interesting to get other members opinions on these batteries to see just how well they do hold up. Given you have only used these for 5 cycles, I would doubt that this was a contributing factor.

My mistake I think it is 14.4 which is when the controller gives the first warning about the battery being low and tells you to land. 14.3 it gives the second warning. In this case I was 3 minutes into the flight and the voltage is still at 16v on the battery.

The telemetry files are your friend. They will indicate a loss of power or power drop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval