Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Identifying out of focus CGO3+ lens

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to a video, or other pointers on how to identify a CGO3+ camera that has an out of focus lens?

It sounds like Yuneec may warranty it out, so I am real hesitant to do anything myself to void the warranty. I'd be real grateful if someone could provide a step by step how to.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Place Typhoon H on a table, point camera at objects at varying distance away, such as looking down a street or at a park. Take pictures or video (in 4K) in Gorgeous mode. Everything should be in focus and sharp. It's usually the left side or corners that have the big focus issues on a defective camera.

I would set the camera for still photos in natural mode. I think gorgeous mode adds too much sharpening which makes it more difficult to tell what is not in focus. Best to shoot from a stationary position, no need to actually fly it or even start the motors. Choose a position where you can see objects close up, medium distance and far away. If the sun is at your side, then textures will show up better and give enough detail to judge focus. Power lines or trees on a distant mountain are a good test if there is not atmospheric haze.
Another test is to find the closest distance where the lens is not critically sharp. Choose a subject with distinct texture such as a brick wall.Take a series of photos starting at about a foot away and shoot at 6 inch increments. View the images at full resolution. If the lens is really sharp at 1 or 2 feet, then it is probably focused too close.

Thanks for the responses to you both, I'm going to try it this weekend. Anyone know the percentages of problematic cameras? The information online seems to sway more towards problematic, but that could very well be that the majority of folks speaking up are those with issues.

Thanks again for the pointers on how to check for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430