Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuneec pulled the latest FW update from the download area. They would not say why it was pulled, but that it will be corrected and put back up in a week or two. It may be related to all the issues people are having. They just sent me a brand new ST16 and a new this past week due to GPS problems. The new one shows 19 satellites and the Accelerometer and Compass were both calibrated and it still will not lock on one position and continually drifts, it will also randomly climb and or drop several feet. When I tried Smart mode, it will go forward, but it will not go left right or backwards. The earlier birds flew well and were stable, after three tries by Yuneec to get me an H that did not have GPS or Compass issues, I wonder if they received a bad batch of boards. Since they do not test fly them before sending them out, the end users are the test pilots, not remote pilots.

From Yuneec USA web page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe its not updating in the global cache, but the Yuneec Website Still shows [me] vB23 for the controller (Sept 1 2016) and v2.24 (Sept 13) for the TH itself.

Just wanted to make sure you were not accidentally mixing up the TH Drone Firmware 2.24 (Sept 13) code and calling it B24 which implies there is an update newer than the one that is [Currently] visible to me on yuneec.com support page. It may be a function of global cache not allowing me to see it, or since the numbers for versions are kinda close, I thought I would seek clarification on the matter. As if there is a B24 out, I'm doing the update as I have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Last edited:
Maybe its not updating in the global cache, but the Yuneec Website Still shows [me] vB23 for the controller (Sept 1 2016) and v2.24 (Sept 13) for the TH itself.

Just wanted to make sure you were not accidentally mixing up the TH Drone Firmware 2.24 (Sept 13) code and calling it B24 which implies there is an update newer than the one that is [Currently] visible to me on yuneec.com support page. It may be a function of global cache not allowing me to see it, or since the numbers for versions are kinda close, I thought I would seek clarification on the matter. As if there is a B24 out, I'm doing the update as I have nothing to loose and everything to gail.
I'm seeing the same thing from the Yuneec USA page

Just talked to Yuneec, the 2.24 for the H on the site is the latest. They said if you are having problems, please reload the Firmware, you may have had a problem in the download. If you continue to have problems please call them. They prioritize based on volume of complaints. Every time they receive 5 r more compaints for the same problem it is sent to the programmers. Out of 10s of thousands of H's out there, they have received very few complaining of this problem. Although there are a lot of complaints on social media for this telemetry problem, they are not receiving the complaints at Yuneec. Spread the word, Call Yuneec so the problem can be documented and corrected.

Also they are currently on Back-Order for the H so if your system needs repair, it will have to be sent in. They are unable to swap units until more arrive.

I called Yuneec they stated that many of the problems reported on the forums are not being called to Yuneec. There CS reports to the programmers whenever they receive five or more occurrences of the same problem. If all the people complaining of Telemetry, Compass, and other errors on the forums, groups, etc, would also call Yuneec and report the problem, it would document the issues so they could be investigated by the programmers. I have called them on several issues and always get quick response and when available a quick solution. I do not have the number for the UK or Germany, but the US number is (844) 898-6332. Voice your problems here, but also voice them directly to Yuneec. If you do, then hopefully problems will be resolved quicker and then we can look forward to new enhancements.
Fly Safe!

I was trying this firmware for the first time today. Had gps lock but the drone drifted away and crashed after 3 seconds in the air. Landed up side down. No damage but the camera and gimbal is loose from the dampers. :-(

I was trying this firmware for the first time today. Had gps lock but the drone drifted away and crashed after 3 seconds in the air. Landed up side down. No damage but the camera and gimbal is loose from the dampers. :-(
Hate to sound like a broken record but did you upgrade the firmware on both the H and the ST16, do ALL of the calibrations before flying, wait several minutes (at least 5) after your GPS lock for a good Fix and take off in Angle Mode with Obstacle Avoidance off? Your Telemetry file should tell the tale if you upload it for someone to look at.

Reactions: abinder
I called CS today due to the ongoing non bind problem I was having right before installing the latest update. The very nice woman told me after taking care of my bind problem to look thru the details of the update and see if it's one you really need, otherwise don't do it. I thought it was good enough advice to pass around. Dan out

That's crazy. ..they entice you with cool stuff to add then say don't download it if you don't really need it. I like beer with my pizza.

Reactions: Rayray
That's crazy. ..they entice you with cool stuff to add then say don't download it if you don't really need it. I like beer with my pizza.

Me 2...But beer goes with almost anything in this hot weather.
She may have just been saying what she thought he wanted to hear, lol.

Reactions: Hoss
What is this software for checking telemetry data , where can I download it ?
Thanks
It's called q500log2kml and its awesome. It only works in Windows but I was able to use Winebottler and make it work on a Mac. Most of what you will find for it is in German but there is an English version as well. It was designed for the Q500 but also works with the Chroma and Typhoon H, no problems. Documentation is either in the .ZIP file or available from a link in the app in .PDF for either English or German.

http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip - English link
http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml.zip - German link

Greg

A new update for the H was released today. Includes fixes for Compass issues. Only had time to fly one battery. Flew well with no issues. Held stable under Medium winds with strong gusts. Good Luck to All. Flay Safe!

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
A new update for the H was released today. Includes fixes for Compass issues. Only had time to fly one battery. Flew well with no issues. Held stable under Medium winds with strong gusts. Good Luck to All. Flay Safe!

Hi. Did you check the telemetry files as well. A lot of people here have error code 32....compass calibration error, but still fly's fine

I exported the telemetry files, however, I am not sure which column reflects the error code 32. The next to last column shows an error indicator, the only number I have found in this column is 0 and 1. If you can let me know where I should be looking in the telemetry file, I will review it for compass errors.

I exported the telemetry files, however, I am not sure which column reflects the error code 32. The next to last column shows an error indicator, the only number I have found in this column is 0 and 1. If you can let me know where I should be looking in the telemetry file, I will review it for compass errors.
John, the column name you are looking for is the 2nd to the last column called error_flags_1. If you click on the column heading name error_flags_1, a new dialog box pops up called Statistics for error_flags_1. All of the errors if there are any in the telemetry data will be displayed. If there are no error 32's then there are no compass calibration warnings. Keep in mind all of your flights are displayed in the left most column, 00001, 00002, etc. As you click through your flights on the left the display file data including error_flags_1 will be updated. On mine, flights 00001 to 00010 were from Yuneec. My flights began with 00011 with the highest number being your most recent flight.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop