Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've flown twice since I did the update, I've not experienced any problems except for the light that shows you what mode you are in flickering yellow every once in a while. Not sure what that means, but nothing came up on the control.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
My H has flown flawlessly so far after this current FW update. Except:
1. Flight Log Parser App has the "Unfortunately, Flightlogparser has stopped" error when you click on one of the flight logs listed.
2. And the **** clock not being correct.
I haven't pushed any distances yet because of weather so cant comment on video or telemetry. I did not initially calibrate the compass but on initial flight got the calibrate compass warning, it was flying fine too. Landed and conducted the compass calibration then did an Accel Cal with the GPS turned Off and all is good. To note I used the official FW update that came out on Yuneecs site and not the one that was leaked. Not sure if that even makes a difference.

Confirmed issue #1 since I updated, #2 has not been corrected since I got her.

Z

The only way to update properly:
Using your desktop or laptop PC or Mac:
1. Download the particular update file from Yuneec site using any browser except Internet Explorer.
2. Using a newly-formatted SD card or a useable one but with no files on it, copy the update file as is from your desktop or laptop.
3. Do the H first. Insert the SD card into the CGO3+ slot.
4. Power on ST16, and the H.
5. After complete initialization, go to System Settings on ST16, then press About Controller.
6. Press Update on Typhoon H option.
7. Wait patiently as the H takes a while to update, and wait until it gives a message that the updating has succeeded and asks to restart the aircraft. Press OK.
8. After turning off the H, wait 5 seconds before restarting. Make a note & make sure the new firmware versions are installed in the System Setting/ About Controller/ST16 & Typhoon H page.
9. Do the ST16 now. If using the same card as the card you used for the H update, erase the H file and copy the ST16 update file from your desktop/laptop to the card. Insert the SD card with nothing but the ST16 update file into the card slot of the ST16, then go to System Settings again and click update on the ST16 option.
10. Be patient once more as this takes longer. The ST16 will restart on its own after completion, update the Android, then Tx sections, and then restart again.
11. The H should be on. If not, turn it on and wait for complete initialization.
12. Go to Model Select and tap on the H icon.
13. Go to System Settings and tap refresh to show the CGO3+ and bind that.
14. After that's OK, press Home and go back to the main screen
15. Press on camera settings (lower right corner showing resolution info).

16. Enter Team mode not single to put the craft into binding mode.
17. Go to System Setting and Bind, hit Refresh and see the craft appear and bind that too.
18. After Screen is all OK with telemetry and camera image turn H off, then ST16 off too.
19. Restart everything and after complete initialization, do calibration of Accelerometer, Gimbal, and Compass.

If you don't do step 19, the H will drift or give you a message to land and calibrate compass.
I've done the above to 2 Hs and both are flying perfectly.

Flies with no problems whatsoever after updating to the latest firmware due to really blustery conditions I only flew 550ft away at a altitude of 200ft, it hovered perfectly as before the update including at 5ft altitude, I did not try whilst flying any of the added new features today but will try when there's suitable weather conditions, I will post here if I find any future problems to report, but so far everything is good.:)

Note :- Same as some users I did not re calibrate anything after updating, the only thing I did was bind the H and camera and that's it.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
The only way to update properly:
Using your desktop or laptop PC or Mac:
1. Download the particular update file from Yuneec site using any browser except Internet Explorer.
2. Using a newly-formatted SD card or a useable one but with no files on it, copy the update file as is from your desktop or laptop.
3. Do the H first. Insert the SD card into the CGO3+ slot.
4. Power on ST16, and the H.
5. After complete initialization, go to System Settings on ST16, then press About Controller.
6. Press Update on Typhoon H option.
7. Wait patiently as the H takes a while to update, and wait until it gives a message that the updating has succeeded and asks to restart the aircraft. Press OK.
8. After turning off the H, wait 5 seconds before restarting. Make a note & make sure the new firmware versions are installed in the System Setting/ About Controller/ST16 & Typhoon H page.
9. Do the ST16 now. If using the same card as the card you used for the H update, erase the H file and copy the ST16 update file from your desktop/laptop to the card. Insert the SD card with nothing but the ST16 update file into the card slot of the ST16, then go to System Settings again and click update on the ST16 option.
10. Be patient once more as this takes longer. The ST16 will restart on its own after completion, update the Android, then Tx sections, and then restart again.
11. The H should be on. If not, turn it on and wait for complete initialization.
12. Go to Model Select and tap on the H icon.
13. Go to System Settings and tap refresh to show the CGO3+ and bind that.
14. After that's OK, press Home and go back to the main screen
15. Press on camera settings (lower right corner showing resolution info).

16. Enter Team mode not single to put the craft into binding mode.
17. Go to System Setting and Bind, hit Refresh and see the craft appear and bind that too.
18. After Screen is all OK with telemetry and camera image turn H off, then ST16 off too.
19. Restart everything and after complete initialization, do calibration of Accelerometer, Gimbal, and Compass.

If you don't do step 19, the H will drift or give you a message to land and calibrate compass.
I've done the above to 2 Hs and both are flying perfectly.

My update was almost identical yours other than a few slight differences..

i have two sdcards that i use for fw updates for the H and ST16 only , as i know they work perfectly .. one for the ST16 and one for the H.

i always take off in Angle mode with OBS off at a distance of 27 feet away from the craft with its warning lights on the rear facing me so i can observe warnings and as added safety.

However, i got a compass error please land message a few times ( strangely , i hadnt even taken off ) and constant yellow( maybe orange) warning lights coming from the craft.
... although i took the chance after re calibrating everything and the flight was perfect, held strong on hover , my commands to the H are spot on.

... i am grounded until i hear back from yuneec UK as even though it flies great , with the constant warnings i cannot be 100% sure i would be safe to fly.

Reactions: raymara
Downloaded the updates from the UK site, then I followed raymaras instructions above (thanks!) and noticed I didnt have to enter the bind password 1234 etc. I did all the calibrations.
On the first flight the H was drifting from the take off point by up to 2m. It seemed unsteady and didn't feel safe. The camera feed cut out on legs up. It was slow to descend and after landing and pressing the motor off button the motors spun up again 3 times before switching off. The altimeter was showing -3m.
I re-ran the updates and its flying better now, holding position, but ascending and descending by about 1m. It used to be much steadier, like a tripod. The camera feed cut out twice on legs up when the H was about 3m away. Landing was normal.
Had a look at the H using the GUI and all was OK.

Last edited:
I followed raymaras instructions above (thanks!) and noticed I didnt have to enter the bind password 1234 etc. I did all the calibrations.
On the first flight the H was drifting from the take off point by up to 2m. It seemed unsteady and didn't feel safe. The camera feed cut out on legs up. It was slow to descend and after landing and pressing the motor off button the motors spun up again 3 times before switching off. The altimeter was showing -3m.
I re-ran the updates and its flying better now, holding position, but ascending and descending by about 1m. It used to be much steadier, like a tripod. The camera feed cut out twice on legs up when the H was about 3m away. Landing was normal.

ahhh yes , thanks for reminding me... my H suffers from the disconnect issues when raising the landing gear also, this was also happening since purchased 2 firmwares back.

Hey @Steve Carr, just wondering if you've noticed there are even more new posts on FB with people experiencing flyaways after updating to the current FW. One guy posted his telemetry log to Exmaps and I noticed the dreaded EC (error code) 32 --- Compass Calibration Warning in his file. I personally am seeing this error code in almost every telemetry file of mine that I bother to look at. Quite the bummer this is.:mad:

Reactions: Steve Carr
I think you should add another choice to the survey "telemetry issues". And I know I should not complain about distance (see screenshot below) but I was getting 1500-2000 more feet regularly at this location before the latest update. And even in this flight, telemetry went out very early on and I just kept flying with video as I continued to have a very strong signal. Please no outrage on the height, I only went that high to try and regain my telemetry signal but it didn't work, well off and on and only for a few seconds.

Screenshot_2016-09-07-16-17-12.png

I've been reading a lot about the latest firmware update for the H and I have come to a dilemma ... my H is flying great right now and I'm not having any issues ... very stable with a fairly quick sync between the ST16 and the H ... I did do the previous update and everything went well ... but with all these stories of fly offs and crashes related to the new firmware ... to update or to not update ... I want the new features but do I take the risk ... I just don't have $1200.00 to throw away. Decisions, Decisions !! Where's the Ibuprofen !! I know I will eventually do the update ... but when ????

I dont think you should update. Since doing mine, I'm not confident about flying at all.

I dont think you should update. Since doing mine, I'm not confident about flying at all.

I'm going to hold off for a while and see what happens ... I have been wondering though ... there was a leaked copy of the new firmware update prior to the official release from Yuneec and I'm wondering if the people having all the problems updated with the leaked update or the official update from Yuneec or from both ?? I have the updates downloaded to my PC from the Yuneec web site waiting to be installed.
Also wondering about the people who didn't have any problems where they got the update from ... the official Yuneec web site or the leaked updated ??

I'm going to hold off for a while and see what happens ... I have been wondering though ... there was a leaked copy of the new firmware update prior to the official release from Yuneec and I'm wondering if the people having all the problems updated with the leaked update or the official update from Yuneec or from both ?? I have the updates downloaded to my PC from the Yuneec web site waiting to be installed.
Also wondering about the people who didn't have any problems where they got the update from ... the official Yuneec web site or the leaked updated ??
I waited for the official version before I updated. I'm a risk taker but not a big enough risk taker to install unconfirmed third-party software in my favorite toy.

I definitely installed the official release.

It's odd because the issues didn't pop up until after using it for a good number (about 7) flights

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hey @Steve Carr, just wondering if you've noticed there are even more new posts on FB with people experiencing flyaways after updating to the current FW. One guy posted his telemetry log to Exmaps and I noticed the dreaded EC (error code) 32 --- Compass Calibration Warning in his file. I personally am seeing this error code in almost every telemetry file of mine that I bother to look at. Quite the bummer this is.:mad:
Yes indeed the number of flyaway issues continues to climb. Sometimes on the first flight after the update and sometimes several flights later.

Yuneec has been ZERO help at this point and has not acknowledged any problem. I'm also troubled that repair times continues to rise along with the number of crashes. I find this disturbing from a company for which I have had a great respect. I truly hope they step up front and center soon and show some leadership.

Reactions: JohnL
Yes indeed the number of flyaway issues continues to climb. Sometimes on the first flight after the update and sometimes several flights later.

Yuneec has been ZERO help at this point and has not acknowledged any problem. I'm also troubled that repair times continues to rise along with the number of crashes. I find this disturbing from a company for which I have had a great respect. I truly hope they step up front and center soon and show some leadership.

As much money that people are spending ... I agree ... Yuneec should have another update coming very shortly fixing these bugs ... that's the update I'm waiting for even though I would like to have some of the new features the latest updated has.

I finally had my first compass warning while flying today on the third flight since the firmware update. It was on my third battery. Took off and hovered for a minute, raised the gear and then moved out a bit and got the warning. The rear light flashed yellow. The H behaved normally as I lowered the gear and landed. The warning stayed on for a minute or so then went away. Shut down the motors and then got a GPS warning. I was still showing 18 GPS satellites. Started the motors again and the compass warning came back on and did not go away. I shut the motors off again and turned off the H. Still compass warning on the ST-16. Turned off the ST-16 and rebooted both. Both came up normally and I flew the rest of the battery and another battery with no issues.

I finally had my first compass warning while flying today on the third flight since the firmware update. It was on my third battery. Took off and hovered for a minute, raised the gear and then moved out a bit and got the warning. The rear light flashed yellow. The H behaved normally as I lowered the gear and landed. The warning stayed on for a minute or so then went away. Shut down the motors and then got a GPS warning. I was still showing 18 GPS satellites. Started the motors again and the compass warning came back on and did not go away. I shut the motors off again and turned off the H. Still compass warning on the ST-16. Turned off the ST-16 and rebooted both. Both came up normally and I flew the rest of the battery and another battery with no issues.

In other words..... WTF.

It's impossible to trust his thing right now. Huge mistake upgrading to this latest firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop