Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin

If you installed Ver 2.24 please reply below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We did a compass calibration and accelerometor calibration. I believe we have the telemetry file. It was in angle mode using the wizard. We recovered the drone at the top of a hawthorn tree, which was extremely unpleasant to retrieve.
Glad you were able to recover it, hopefully minimal damage. Do you have the H or H Pro?

We have the H. The wires of the camera broke on impact, and we lost the dampers as well as four props, but aside from that there was no damage to the casing, the arms, or the legs. It's fairly disappointing that this is the second time we've sent it in, as I was the one that made the recommendation to my company to go with Yuneec. I've been flying model aircraft for almost 15 years and this is the first time I've had such severe and repeated control issues with a craft.

Well folks here goes my tale of woe...So some of you may recognize that I have had problems with a brand new TH Pro since day 1. Set it up did not hold position, behaved erratically, scary to fly. Sent back to Yuneec. Came back with GPS Module replacement. No real change, still scary to fly. Updated to 9/1 firmware thinking maybe they fixed some stuff, nope still flew bad. Updated to 9/13 firmware figuring they fixed things. Flew today after carefully calibrating everything. Now I get Compass error message (did not before), Drifts, wont hold position well. Jerky response to sticks in turtle mode. Doesn't like to descend, had to go to rabbit mode to get it to come down. Scary landing, wants to keep throttling up. turned off motors. then unit would not get GPS lock and go into ready mode. Had to power cycle ST16 to get to ready state again. Called Yuneec, this time they made me send in flight logs. Response from them was a canned response about calibrating saying that logs revealed compass errors. Really? So I responded to them with my dissatisfaction. Now I have 2 THs both have been to yuneec for repair. The TH flies great after repair. The THPro is still poop. $3500 bucks, 2 months, and I still cannot fly. Oh and BTW, the TH is far less solid after the 9/1 firmware update, I will add the 9/13 and see if that fixes that one.

I updated and was disappointed with the position holding. It drifted about 2 metres on take off, then decided to stay still. But then it gained 4 foot in altitude (visual). Calibrated accelerometer after update and compass before flight in the most ideal way. It has never misbehaved and has been spot on, even with the Update at the beginning of September. Losing my faith in this thing and don't really feel that I can take it anywhere but my field, which is a shame as there are so many beautiful places around me that I'd love to film. What a balls up.... Mind you, I can't even buy a bloody bag for it... What was I thinking!!!

Did an new test in free area. Everthing was ok. Test in the city and problems are back. My custom build copter works perfect in the same city area. I think I send it back to the dealer for money refund. Feel like a test pilot.

Reactions: eric bee
Short version? Is the general consensus that this thing STILL isn't right? I thought things went well for the first day or two. What gives?

I'm going to keep flying my other multis. I don't have one to sacrifice to the gods just for the fun of it. I give enough back just because of my own dumb thumbs.

Reactions: JohnL and QuadBart
I've not done the 9/13 update and not planning to at this rate. I can live with the quirks of the 9/2 update as long as they don't get worse...

Like you, glad I've got a couple other Drones to use/fly. I'm not sure I'll ground mine just yet. But I'm going to be EXTREMELY wary when I fly it...

I also agree with an earlier post, how its really a negative sign when people are holding off upgrading the firmware for fear of making things worse. The lack of trust is really not good.

Short version? Is the general consensus that this thing STILL isn't right? I thought things went well for the first day or two. What gives?

I'm going to keep flying my other multis. I don't have one to sacrifice to the gods just for the fun of it. I give enough back just because of my own dumb thumbs.

Reactions: JohnL
UPDATE: My pro is on its way back to Yuneec for a 2nd trip. Really really hoping they just send me a new one. Sometimes you just cant get rid of gremlins.

I'm not an antenna guy, so maybe someone out there will know. Comcast (an maybe other providers) is busy making our modems into wi-fi hot spots. I'm hearing a number of comments that the drone behaved badly around buildings but OK out in the open. Could these new hot spots be effecting the TH communications? How far away would we need to be to be safe? I've been flying the 9/1 firmware in a large open area with no problems.

Had installed both 01 and 13 September firmware and test fly everything is ok!

UPDATE: My pro is on its way back to Yuneec for a 2nd trip. Really really hoping they just send me a new one. Sometimes you just cant get rid of gremlins.

I have waiting on my third replacement, I have had no repairs, just swaps and I still have issues with the product. I'm not holding my breath on this replacement working either. They air shipped it, messed up the address and 2 days I'm harassing them to call UPS to update the address so I can pickup the 3rd replacement they send. they are not able to get on top of calling ups to update an address to the proper one so I can have a matching ID to pick it up from the depot... Seems like for all there denial about issues, there is tons of people positing with issues and they keep saying everything is fine, but yet don't have time to do simple things either....

I am so not impressed at all, don't care if they keep replacing the ones that brake, I want a aircraft that doesn't crash on every flight.

Installed latest update this afternoon and have had a couple of flights this evening and my findings are that wifi is still slow to connect (eu firmware) but once connected it is now stable and does not disconnect when the legs are raised,camera seems clearer and somewhat sharper altho mine was sharp anyway,my H seemed stable and sure footed but ive never really had a problem with it wandering or compass error etc like others have,one thing i did notice is that when descending in rabbit mode at full speed the H slows its self down at about 30 feet and then continues downwards very slowly as if in turtle mode,a feature i acctually quite like,other than this i can see no other difference and my H seems Happy and flying as it should,but as i said ive never had a problem with it apart from slow wifi and wifi disconnects one of which seems resolved but need more flying time, so i guess im one of the lucky ones.

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
I updated and was disappointed with the position holding. It drifted about 2 metres on take off, then decided to stay still. But then it gained 4 foot in altitude (visual). Calibrated accelerometer after update and compass before flight in the most ideal way. It has never misbehaved and has been spot on, even with the Update at the beginning of September. Losing my faith in this thing and don't really feel that I can take it anywhere but my field, which is a shame as there are so many beautiful places around me that I'd love to film. What a balls up.... Mind you, I can't even buy a bloody bag for it... What was I thinking!!!
I wonder if it could be the sticks on your ST16, I had a driving problem too, turned out that one stick was not returning to centre every time. You can see this if you at the hardware screen of the ST16 and look for any small flickering on the readouts.

I've noticed that the RTH brings the H back at full speed ie 45kph, I think before it was set at about 25kph, I believed that the 25kph speed was the most efficient for distance v power, this seems to have changed.

Ok so just got back from flying the latest firmware on a H Pro.
Now I've only flown the H twice before both on different firm wares the first one showed some drift possibly due to my not calibrating the compass correctly the second on 1.26 although flew very well had lots of compass issues on screen, so I cant comment on many positive changes however after calibrating the Accel' and gimbal at my house the Compass Calibration was attempted at the flying field, the first time it failed halfway through so after a reboot and a more careful attempt it completed without the solid white led that was present on the first try.

I wonder how many people experiencing issues have actually completed a correct compass calibration. And not flown on a failed calibration. Just a thought.

After a reboot following Compass calibration what I found was after the initial take off the very first time I raised the gear about 15ft away I lost Video and the camera would not reconnect and the message failed to connect came up. I recovered this by landing and rebooting and refreshing the camera in the bind screen.
The normal reboot to camera showing a picture still takes well over 2-3 mins! The rest of the two battery's worth of flying gear up and down resulted in no video loss?

There was absolutely no Compass calibration errors present on the transmitter screen during two whole battery flights which went up to 400ft and out as far as LOS without using smart mode which seemed safe.
Ill try looking at any flight log info once I can find where to access it.
All of the modes I tried seemed to work Ok and the positional and altitude hold seemed solid, just now have to get used to the camera control as that was all over the place (my fault) And hope for the camera not to drop out anymore and one day being able to switch on and fly within an acceptably short time.

Ok so just got back from flying the latest firmware on a H Pro.
Now I've only flown the H twice before both on different firm wares the first one showed some drift possibly due to my not calibrating the compass correctly the second on 1.26 although flew very well had lots of compass issues on screen, so I cant comment on many positive changes however after calibrating the Accel' and gimbal at my house the Compass Calibration was attempted at the flying field, the first time it failed halfway through so after a reboot and a more careful attempt it completed without the solid white led that was present on the first try.

I wonder how many people experiencing issues have actually completed a correct compass calibration. And not flown on a failed calibration. Just a thought.

After a reboot following Compass calibration what I found was after the initial take off the very first time I raised the gear about 15ft away I lost Video and the camera would not reconnect and the message failed to connect came up. I recovered this by landing and rebooting and refreshing the camera in the bind screen.
The normal reboot to camera showing a picture still takes well over 2-3 mins! The rest of the two battery's worth of flying gear up and down resulted in no video loss?

There was absolutely no Compass calibration errors present on the transmitter screen during two whole battery flights which went up to 400ft and out as far as LOS without using smart mode which seemed safe.
Ill try looking at any flight log info once I can find where to access it.
All of the modes I tried seemed to work Ok and the positional and altitude hold seemed solid, just now have to get used to the camera control as that was all over the place (my fault) And hope for the camera not to drop out anymore and one day being able to switch on and fly within an acceptably short time.

What feedback confirms that the compass calibration was successful?

There is a light sequence of the status leds and finally a reboot of the H. If it ends in a white light I believe it has failed and should be done again. I have tried fast turns, slow turns, pause between rotations to see if lights stop flashing, what I found what works for me is two complete turns keeping the axis of rotation as true as possible then keep the H as flat as possible when changing to the next axis/ arm set.

I sent mine back as well for the second time. Hopefully they either fix or replace it, but at this rate I'd accept a refund. Fairly disappointing considering how cool of a machine it is. Paying customers shouldn't be beta testers.

I wonder if it could be the sticks on your ST16, I had a driving problem too, turned out that one stick was not returning to centre every time. You can see this if you at the hardware screen of the ST16 and look for any small flickering on the readouts.
Hi Mweir... I doubt it is that as it has flown perfectly for the entire time that I have had it. Just not yesterday after the update. I may try to load the previous firmware I think when I have time at the weekend. Thanks for your advice though. Cheers. Chris.

Reactions: banned user

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz