Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin

If you installed Ver 2.24 please reply below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not familiar with this. While the H is flying?
No, just turn on the ST16 the H does not need to be powered up, on the settings - hardware monitor just look for any flickering of the green bars. They should be steady at zero, try moving and letting go the sticks and they should always return to zero and stay there.
- My H was intermittently drifting in one direction, tracked it down to the J4 channel intermittently drifting away from zero. Yuneec UK swapped it out immediately for a new one, no questions.

IMG_4421.JPG

There is a light sequence of the status leds and finally a reboot of the H. If it ends in a white light I believe it has failed and should be done again. I have tried fast turns, slow turns, pause between rotations to see if lights stop flashing, what I found what works for me is two complete turns keeping the axis of rotation as true as possible then keep the H as flat as possible when changing to the next axis/ arm set.

as i do compass callibration then 1 possition 1 turn light switch to another axis then 3 turn each axis until i get first one and another 1 or 2 turn then success

If the calibration has been successful, all the
LED status indicators will blink continuously,
the Main LED Status Indicator will be solid
green and the flight controller restarts, you
will recognize this when you hear the
acknowledgement tone, the same one you
hear when you switch the system on.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If calibration has failed,
the Main LED Status Indicator will be solid
white and you must repeat the calibration
process. If the calibration continues to fail,
either the site of calibration is unsuitable or
the compass is defective. Refer to your
Yuneec service center.

I've noticed that the RTH brings the H back at full speed ie 45kph, I think before it was set at about 25kph, I believed that the 25kph speed was the most efficient for distance v power, this seems to have changed.
Yes,I 've noticed too ,that the RTH brings the H back at full speed

Hi,
It would appear that on a 16min flight I had two issues,
Code 1 which I think is the low battery warning at the end so no problems as it worked fine with 20% left in the battery
Code 32 compass calibration for about 1 second.

I have loaded the Telemetry files into Exmaps and it shows a movement of the H into the next field which didn't take place? No warning vibration or otherwise came onto the transmitter.

Can anyone with more info on reading these files have a look and check out if anything's badly out of wack?

Attachments

• Remote_00038.zip
    295.7 KB · Views: 14
Hi,
It would appear that on a 16min flight I had two issues,
Code 1 which I think is the low battery warning at the end so no problems as it worked fine with 20% left in the battery
Code 32 compass calibration for about 1 second.

I have loaded the Telemetry files into Exmaps and it shows a movement of the H into the next field which didn't take place? No warning vibration or otherwise came onto the transmitter.

Can anyone with more info on reading these files have a look and check out if anything's badly out of wack?

Treb,

Not sure if you have the latest firmware or not, but the 2nd to the last firmware was giving me short bursts of compass calibration errors in my telemetry. In yours, 7min 18s into your flight you initiated RTH (return to home), 17 seconds later your drone was still in RTH and landing. 4 seconds later you had 21 compass calibration errors (err 32) which lasted a total of 1 second. IMO - a pretty minor event. 5 seconds into the RTH landing you switched into angle mode at 8.5M.

Of the fly aways I've seen, they usually begin with a continuous stream of compass calibration errors, like a firmware glitch.

From what I've heard from those who have had success with the latest firmware, the compass calibration errors have gone away.

Greg

Reactions: Treb
I just got my 3rd replacement. It shipped with the B23 firmware, but autopilot 1.26. gimbal 1.22 and camera 3.2.13(a) and Realsense v 1.1 (The Sept 01, 2016 software platform)

With that code, the same compass errors and GPS lost errors were appearing on the screen and when you moved the TH, it would generate Compass errors, just like the one I sent back last friday.

I didn't bother to fly it this way as I think we know how that story ends.

I updated to the new TH Software from the Sept 13th code with Auto Pilot 1.27 and the GPS and Compass errors stopped appearing at random. I picked up the drone to relocate it and the compass errors are not triggered either.

Basically, all the error conditions of the Sept 1 software on my first 30 min (without flight) seem to have been resolved. I am still very skeptical, but its too dark to fly tonight. I will try it Friday after work after a few more tests. I have not done a compass calibration yet (I will before I fly as thats why Yunnec insisted I do when I got it).

I'm shocked that the persistent repeating errors went away with the Sept 13 code. the drone barley gave me enough time to click the Systems Systems to update this firmware thats how bad it was... so this is impressive it not doing these errors at all anymore (pre flight) now.

I'm hanging in still, hopefully this works....

As a side note, a guy at Yuneec today for the first time admitted there were seeing problems in some units that they could not explain, and THIS is why they are swapping out units so easy, as they want to get those units in the shop for review. I had to pinch myself as I could not believe he confirmed there was issues and why the quick swap process...

I just got my 3rd replacement. It shipped with the B23 firmware, but autopilot 1.26. gimbal 1.22 and camera 3.2.13(a) and Realsense v 1.1 (The Sept 01, 2016 software platform)

With that code, the same compass errors and GPS lost errors were appearing on the screen and when you moved the TH, it would generate Compass errors, just like the one I sent back last friday.

I didn't bother to fly it this way as I think we know how that story ends.

I updated to the new TH Software from the Sept 13th code with Auto Pilot 1.27 and the GPS and Compass errors stopped appearing at random. I picked up the drone to relocate it and the compass errors are not triggered either.

Basically, all the error conditions of the Sept 1 software on my first 30 min (without flight) seem to have been resolved. I am still very skeptical, but its too dark to fly tonight. I will try it Friday after work after a few more tests. I have not done a compass calibration yet (I will before I fly as thats why Yunnec insisted I do when I got it).

I'm shocked that the persistent repeating errors went away with the Sept 13 code. the drone barley gave me enough time to click the Systems Systems to update this firmware thats how bad it was... so this is impressive it not doing these errors at all anymore (pre flight) now.

I'm hanging in still, hopefully this works....

As a side note, a guy at Yuneec today for the first time admitted there were seeing problems in some units that they could not explain, and THIS is why they are swapping out units so easy, as they want to get those units in the shop for review. I had to pinch myself as I could not believe he confirmed there was issues and why the quick swap process...
After the 13 September update,(even the 1 September also no problem at all) I calibrated the compass before the flight everything is perfect, the only thing is when you switch to RTH it fly back with very high speed

My H flew well and as far as 3200 feet on stock antennas. Flew multiple flights over a month until I lost control passing behind a tree and the RTH took it up and hit a limb. It was sent back and replaced by Yuneec. The second H had compass and GPS problems so they had me ship that one back and the GPS and compass boards were replaced. The ST16 flight records indicate they did not test the hover for toilet bowl effect and when I received this third H the problem had not been corrected. So this time I sent it back again and they sent a NEW system on the same day. I arrived today. Unfortunately the Yuneec website has been down since yesterday, so I am unable to install the new FW 2.24A.

Is there anyone that has the 13 Sep update (US version) that would be willing to send it my way so I could install it and test? Would greatly appreciate it.

Is there anyone that has the 13 Sep update (US version) that would be willing to send it my way so I could install it and test? Would greatly appreciate it.

John if yo need it yes I can send it to you; I have a copy of it still and confirmed its good as it uploaded to my TH... send me a private message with how to get it to you....

Reactions: John Dube
Hi Greg many thanks for that explination.
The firmware I have is the latest EU varient downloaded yesteray I checked after update and the Autopilot was changed to 1.27 if I recall.
I was trying out all the modes possible inculding RTH and everything seemed ok and 'locked in' and I agree a 1 second glitch in 17 mins should be nothihg to worry about, I wonder if the glitch happened the same time as a retract move, I lost video on a previous flight that day just after take off and the camera would not reconnect. If so I wonder if the retracts are somehow causing a voltage spike or drop, only a thourght!

The firmware I have is the latest EU varient downloaded yesteray I checked after update and the Autopilot was changed to 1.27 if I recall.
I was trying out all the modes possible inculding RTH and everything seemed ok and 'locked in' and I agree a 1 second glitch in 17 mins should be nothihg to worry about, I wonder if the glitch happened the same time as a retract move, I lost video on a previous flight that day just after take off and the camera would not reconnect. If so I wonder if the retracts are somehow causing a voltage spike or drop, only a thourght!

Treb,

Actually, that's a great thought. For those of us that check the telemetry we should all take a look at the err log to see if the timing of a momentary err 32 compass calibration is related to the landing gear going up and/or coming down. I can definitely see where that could cause/trigger a momentary 32 error (1-2sec). Mine was always short like yours but I'd never made the connection that the landing gear operation could be the cause. Good observation. I hope to get in the sky this weekend and will take a look myself.

It's always disheartening to see errors in the telemetry but as I reviewed the telemetry 1-8? which was already on my ST16 when I got it, none of them had brief 32 errors except for file 8 which briefly had the compass calibration errors.

I don't like to see a string of those errors but keep it in perspective, look at the start.stop times. 20-30 errors in a row is usually a 1 second event.

Greg

So its sounding like this latest update (13/14 Sept) has helped with the elimination or reduction of Compass errors which should in turn mean less chances of drifting/TB'ing maybe even less chance of fly-aways...

The cynic in me wonders if they just added some code to suppress the frequency of this error being reported.... Of course I'm hoping its the latter... Might be worth upgrading then...

So its sounding like this latest update (13/14 Sept) has helped with the elimination or reduction of Compass errors which should in turn mean less chances of drifting/TB'ing maybe even less chance of fly-aways...

The cynic in me wonders if they just added some code to suppress the frequency of this error being reported.... Of course I'm hoping its the latter... Might be worth upgrading then...

I will if you will. I have been holding back although last upgrade 01/09 seems to be ok, tested on limited chances to fly recently.

Reactions: QuadBart

Ha, that cynical thought was in the back of my mind also especially given Yuneec's track record of late but I think we all need to take a step back to see just how big or small this firmware issue really is. I know a lot of users here have had issues but in the frame of total unit sales how big is the issue really? For the individual its really big but as a whole? I don't know that we'll ever really know.

Good idea but, for me, I get some 32 errors during some secondes ....... excatelly during flight mode 21 = Smart mode - Follow me...........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1