Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important TyphoonH_Ver2.24_A.bin

If you installed Ver 2.24 please reply below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, good to know. I haven't yet tried the smart modes, just angle mode. All of this talk of fly aways and cable cam crashes have made me a little leery of the so called 'Smart' modes. I'm planning on getting back in the air this weekend, hopefully I'll have something to report. (Which isn't a fly away) ; )

" No firmware in SDcard, update failed!" ...anybody got the same issue? downloaded latest firmware with chrome in bin. format. still this message pops up... after 1-3 seconds decompressing..._20160916_165524.JPG

Reactions: seabee
" No firmware in SDcard, update failed!" ...anybody got the same issue? downloaded latest firmware with chrome in bin. format. still this message pops up... after 1-3 seconds decompressing...View attachment 3115
I've never seen that. Is the SD card formatted for FAT32? Also the .bin file needs to be in the root directory of the SD card and the card needs to be in the CGO3+ camera.

I went out to try and fly this thing with the Sept 13 updates, and its a no go.. I got off the ground once and it flew okay. Landed it, and tried again and compass errors as soon as the motors started. Called Yuneec and we did all the calibrations over again with them on the phone and the controller tests and stuff.. compass errors started again and would no go away.

I had one flight up with Yuneec on the phone and the unit drifted slow to the left. Then that stopped on its own and started drifting forward, then that stopped and it started to raise altitude on its own. They asked me to land it. Once it landed, it detected the land, and idled down. After a few seconds its powered back to flight speed for rotation ad started taking off on its own. I pushed down on the controller after it was about a foot in the air and it started to land. I was able keep it on the ground this time, and turn off the motors.

Yuneec is sending my case to a supervisor and they said I should here by Monday what they will do next.

I think I'm done with this thing. Third unit now, and still no flying. I can't imagine why this is such an issue...

I pulled out the iPhone compass and it works perfect in the area I have been testing. I've been flying there for a year no other issues, but later today I will try and find another area and see if this works better, but I'm still nervous about it as if this flys away again I am not sure I can find it. the only other place close to home here to fly has a fast moving river and very steep hills and thick bush and forest...

I'm hoping the next call from yuneec comes with a exit oppertunity.

I went out to try and fly this thing with the Sept 13 updates, and its a no go.. I got off the ground once and it flew okay. Landed it, and tried again and compass errors as soon as the motors started. Called Yuneec and we did all the calibrations over again with them on the phone and the controller tests and stuff.. compass errors started again and would no go away.

I had one flight up with Yuneec on the phone and the unit drifted slow to the left. Then that stopped on its own and started drifting forward, then that stopped and it started to raise altitude on its own. They asked me to land it. Once it landed, it detected the land, and idled down. After a few seconds its powered back to flight speed for rotation ad started taking off on its own. I pushed down on the controller after it was about a foot in the air and it started to land. I was able keep it on the ground this time, and turn off the motors.

Yuneec is sending my case to a supervisor and they said I should here by Monday what they will do next.

I think I'm done with this thing. Third unit now, and still no flying. I can't imagine why this is such an issue...

I pulled out the iPhone compass and it works perfect in the area I have been testing. I've been flying there for a year no other issues, but later today I will try and find another area and see if this works better, but I'm still nervous about it as if this flys away again I am not sure I can find it. the only other place close to home here to fly has a fast moving river and very steep hills and thick bush and forest...

I'm hoping the next call from yuneec comes with a exit oppertunity.
I hate to hear that. I guess I've been lucky with mine. It makes me wonder if the replacement units were previously problem units that were supposedly repaired? I would have hoped they would have just swapped it out with a new unit instead of alienating a customer.

I've never seen that. Is the SD card formatted for FAT32? Also the .bin file needs to be in the root directory of the SD card and the card needs to be in the CGO3+ camera.

Sure SD card max. 32GB and FAT32 format. However once I started the Typhoon first and afterwards the ST16 the update run through smoothly.

I hate to hear that. I guess I've been lucky with mine. It makes me wonder if the replacement units were previously problem units that were supposedly repaired? I would have hoped they would have just swapped it out with a new unit instead of alienating a customer.
I confirm:
My first machine had the defective camera but had already been repaired by Yuneec (traces of disassembly - reassembly), but poorly repaired because it took all return. I made the pictures details with serial number before returning the package. This is absolutely unacceptable. YUNEEC EUROPE does not respond to emails from customers. YUNEEC EUROPE sends you used machinery in poor condition and you sell it at the price of nine. I think designers are not bad, but the customer service and sales are absolutely unqualified and take customers for fools. We'll see who rigolera most in the end.

I confirm:
My first machine had the defective camera but had already been repaired by Yuneec (traces of disassembly - reassembly), but poorly repaired because it took all return. I made the pictures details with serial number before returning the package. This is absolutely unacceptable. YUNEEC EUROPE does not respond to emails from customers. YUNEEC EUROPE sends you used machinery in poor condition and you sell it at the price of nine. I think designers are not bad, but the customer service and sales are absolutely unqualified and take customers for fools. We'll see who rigolera most in the end.

Is it possible to contact Yuneec UK instead of Yuneec DE when you don't live in UK?

I installed TyphoonH_Ver2.24_E.bin. Here's my report:

Cloudy skies, 14°, 15kph W wind
I first did a compass calibration.
Connection time was about 90 seconds, the same as before.
There was no loss of signal when raising the gear. Yay!
I went out about 750 meters, and the signal was excellent.
There is a little inertial drifting when stopping. The braking seems softer than before.
There is a minor drift when hovering, but it's very small.
No other issues on the 1st battery.

On the 2nd battery I tried out smart mode, follow me, POI. All no problem.
Tried the trim controls. They are great for slow movements. The trim seems to be affected by the wind. If I trim against the wind, there is no movement in the smaller settings. Downwind, it moves on the 1st click.
Tried CCC mode, could set a course without a problem, but could not start moving on the course (left stick up). Odd.
I quit CCC, then restarted CCC, and it was now ok.
At the end of the course, I got a compass calibration error. I cleared it off the screen, and everything seemed OK. There was no orange flash on the main led to indicate a problem.
I landed without issue, then took off again. No issues.
Landing was a little drifty, but there was wind.

There is a little inertial drifting when stopping. The braking seems softer than before.

Tried the trim controls. They are great for slow movements. The trim seems to be affected by the wind. If I trim against the wind, there is no movement in the smaller settings. Downwind, it moves on the 1st click.
Tried CCC mode, could set a course without a problem, but could not start moving on the course (left stick up). Odd.
At the end of the course, I got a compass calibration error. I cleared it off the screen, and everything seemed OK. There was no orange flash on the main led to indicate a problem.
thank you for your test, it is encouraging

did you notice that descending on turtle the H now slows right down at about 30 feet? Mine does this now more so then it did before.
Totally agree the braking is now softer and iabrupt stop and videoloss on raising the gear since latest update,I have slight drift but certainly acceptable,looking good here in terms of Hiw the h is performing if I had to grumble I'd say video still seems to take to long to initially connect and my clocks still wrong.

Can someone inform us what versions they have after updating with the 2.24 upgrade ?

Gimbal version?
Autopilot Version?
IPS Version?
Camera Version?

Thanks

Marnix

I have 2 H's, one that still has problems and have had since day one. I have the latest firmware on the problem one and the latest firmware fixed nothing. Same problems.
My second one had the older July update and flies fine. I had a fly away in early August and Yuneec fixed it (supposedly) by replacing the controller board. I did not do the last 2 firmware upgrades because I didn't want it to turn out like my other one.
My question is, is it safe to upgrade my second one yet or not?

I have 2 H's, one that still has problems and have had since day one. I have the latest firmware on the problem one and the latest firmware fixed nothing. Same problems.
My second one had the older July update and flies fine. I had a fly away in early August and Yuneec fixed it (supposedly) by replacing the controller board. I did not do the last 2 firmware upgrades because I didn't want it to turn out like my other one.
My question is, is it safe to upgrade my second one yet or not?
At this point, I wouldn't risk the one that works just yet.

At this point, I wouldn't risk the one that works just yet.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. It sucks that everyone is holding off on Yuneec updates because they're scared like I am. Just like the other thread was stating, per faa rules I have to have the latest firmware version installed but if I do I may have no H to fly. Yes I have other birds to fly but I want to use what I freaking paid for... At least one of my H's! I don't want both of them grounded like they were before when both of them were at Yuneec at the same time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430