Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Installing FPVLR Basic Antenna Kit

Should I leave one or two of the 2.4ghz antennas hooked up?

• Leave only the left one hooked to FPVLR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave the right hooked to stock antenna

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Unhook the right stock antenna, leave only left 2.4ghz FPVLR antenna hooked up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi guys!

So I got my antennae in and took my ST10+ on a two hour drive to have it installed by a "professional". I got home and tested it and got less than 200 feet of range before video cut out.

Needless to say, I was pissed. I opened up the ST10+ (terrifyingly) and examined the "job" that had been done.

I noticed one of the two stock 2.4ghz antennas (the left one) had been left in place, and the other was hooked up to what I can only assume was the wrong one; the right 2.4ghz pigtail was the one attached to the FPVLR unit. I plugged the pigtail that runs to the FPVLR antenna into the left slot, and left the right one hooked onto the stock 2.4ghz unit that remained inside. Should I just unhook the right 2.4ghz stock antenna and only use the one on the left that runs to the FPVLR antennas? Does this have a negative possibility?

The 5.8ghz antenna seemed to run fine, it was plugged onto the same board as the GPS line, which seems ok.

Thanks in advance, I was fuming when I opened it and saw the **** job that had been done, thanks in advance for helping me fix a "professionals" incompetence.

Hi guys!

So I got my antennae in and took my ST10+ on a two hour drive to have it installed by a "professional". I got home and tested it and got less than 200 feet of range before video cut out.

Needless to say, I was pissed. I opened up the ST10+ (terrifyingly) and examined the "job" that had been done.

I noticed one of the two stock 2.4ghz antennas (the left one) had been left in place, and the other was hooked up to what I can only assume was the wrong one; the right 2.4ghz pigtail was the one attached to the FPVLR unit. I plugged the pigtail that runs to the FPVLR antenna into the left slot, and left the right one hooked onto the stock 2.4ghz unit that remained inside. Should I just unhook the right 2.4ghz stock antenna and only use the one on the left that runs to the FPVLR antennas? Does this have a negative possibility?

The 5.8ghz antenna seemed to run fine, it was plugged onto the same board as the GPS line, which seems ok.

Thanks in advance, I was fuming when I opened it and saw the **** job that had been done, thanks in advance for helping me fix a "professionals" incompetence.
I fitted mine myself following the tutorial (as bad as it is) on YouTube, I found it quite easy apart from connecting the coax clips. On the vid it says to connect the left 2.4 and leave the right-hand side in place so that's what I did. I've had mine over 800mtrs but got scared and brought it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval