Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

installing PixAero lense in CGO3+

Reaction score
I just received my PixAero lens from Russia and I'm in the process of installing it. However, the 2 Youtube
videos helping you do it are dealing with a different lens mount. Uninstalling the original lens by scraping away the epoxy around the threat doesn't work in the new? setup. Can anybody help?

Pack it all up and send it to CarolinDronz after giving them a call. The PIxAero and Peau lenses will not fit the old original threaded lens mounts. When you get it back it will have a new mount, properly installed, focused and tested camera that works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nuance
Pack it all up and send it to CarolinDronz after giving them a call. The PIxAero and Peau lenses will not fit the old original threaded lens mounts. When you get it back it will have a new mount, properly installed, focused and tested camera that works great.

Thanks for responding.
That sounds like a plan. However CarolinDronz's website appears to be in disarray. No phone # are posted.
I am puzzled to learn that mu brand new Typhoon pro has an old (outdated?) lens mount.

You could have a new H that was built earlier. The way shelf stock is or is not rotated would cause that. They don't go bad new, unused, sitting on a shelf and we don't know when batteries are placed in the package. No worries mate.

In any event, sending it out for install guarantees a good install, regardless of what mount it has. I have one and it's great.

Last edited:
The Typhoon H Pro came with the 2 exterior antennas and the ST16 also had all antennas on top, so those parts appear to be new. I actually was surprised by the quality of the camera, especially in UHD, but all points to the PixAero being a good deal better, especially fighting glare. Once I have the camera back from Carolinadronz I'll post a comment.

I doubt the aircraft and the cameras are made at the same time and certainly not in the same assembly process. I have three cameras, they all look alike, one has the old threaded mount the others the new mount. I could not tell one from the other if I hadn't marked them. Too easy to understand how a H can be pulled from one location and a camera from another and end up with one of the earlier production cameras. They all work and look the same.

I doubt the aircraft and the cameras are made at the same time and certainly not in the same assembly process. I have three cameras, they all look alike, one has the old threaded mount the others the new mount. I could not tell one from the other if I hadn't marked them. Too easy to understand how a H can be pulled from one location and a camera from another and end up with one of the earlier production cameras. They all work and look the same.
If Yuneec intends to stay - or get - ahead of DJI they would do well by concentrating on improving image quality. Making it easy to swap lenses is one way of doing just that. May I also suggest including a pack of neutral density filters. I - and surely many more - would gladly pay another $10-15 to have those two improvements included.

Better compare prices with systems that provide an interchangeable lens option. Good filters are not cheap. Great filters are are expensive. Two makes of filters are currently available and neither are priced that low.

Better compare prices with systems that provide an interchangeable lens option. Good filters are not cheap. Great filters are are expensive. Two makes of filters are currently available and neither are priced that low.

A set of Polar Pro (4-8-16) $15.99 at Best Buy. Excellent quality. I hope to have a interchangeable lens setup when my camera returns from Carolinadronz. Yes, you will have to pop off the front cover of the camera and you'll have to adjust the focus when you change the lens - all very easily done without tools. I'm sure the clever people at Yuneec have an even better idea already in the making. Notice how quickly they changed the antennas after handy people showed the how.

Reactions: Birk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval