Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intel realsense

Reaction score
Hi
I have a typhoon H.
I wonder if I can buy an intel realsense module and mount it on my drone

Yes you can. But the module is not cheap. Lowest price I see right now is $549. They have been on sale for $299 so I would wait until one is posted in the classified section, on eBay or on sale from a vendor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhjalilib
Yes you can. But the module is not cheap. Lowest price I see right now is $549. They have been on sale for $299 so I would wait until one is posted in the classified section, on eBay or on sale from a vendor.
Thanks steve. Yeah I would do the same thing waiting for a sale offer.
How it is going to be controled on the st16? The obs avoidance bottun?

Thanks steve. Yeah I would do the same thing waiting for a sale offer.
How it is going to be controled on the st16? The obs avoidance bottun?
Seems like I recall there is a box you need to check to enable it on the ST16. Should be an easy task.

Reactions: Mhjalilib
Yes, you can easily mount the RealSense module on your aircraft.

After installing it make sure you enable, as @Steve Carr mentioned, to activate a box under Settings that says "RealSense Module Installed".

Greetings!

Hello. I am new to drones and new to this forum. I too have a Typhoon H and I did not realize I had to have the "Pro" version to get RealSense. Can I still order these and install them? The Yuneec web site does not offer them. Just search the internet for where to get one?

Also,want to make sure before I spend another $500 or so, how does RealSense affect the battery life, does anyone know? I am sure it must use some juice but is it noticeable?

Thanks.

Hello. I am new to drones and new to this forum. I too have a Typhoon H and I did not realize I had to have the "Pro" version to get RealSense. Can I still order these and install them? The Yuneec web site does not offer them. Just search the internet for where to get one?

Also,want to make sure before I spend another $500 or so, how does RealSense affect the battery life, does anyone know? I am sure it must use some juice but is it noticeable?

Thanks.

Yes, you can easily mount the RealSense module on your aircraft.

After installing it make sure you enable, as @Steve Carr mentioned, to activate a box under Settings that says "RealSense Module Installed".

Greetings!

It does impact battery life, some say around 1 or 2 minutes, but this really depends on the way you fly-

Greetings!

I have another question. I know about all the cool capability realsense has when in smart mode, but does it make angle mode any safer/better? The built-in sonar OA is ok at best.

Thanks.
RealSence will fit on the standard H

does it make angle mode any safer/better?
I don't see how OA on any copter will make it safer. I think it increases the temptation to fly closer to objects which also increases the likelihood of hitting something. It does not take the place of prudent flying. If you use it be sure you understand the limitations.

I don't see how OA on any copter will make it safer. I think it increases the temptation to fly closer to objects which also increases the likelihood of hitting something. It does not take the place of prudent flying. If you use it be sure you understand the limitations.
I agree with this. I've owned a H480 for over 14 months now and I've never switched on the OA. It is my opinion that your own eyes are, or should be, your best OA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox