Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interesting idea

I have read that the prop wash actually helps to cool down the motors while flying.
I don't know if this is true.

Look at this....could be helpful in certain situations.

Hoverfly Tethered Yuneec Typhoon H

Bill W.
Hi, I got this response from Hoverflytech and asked them: "Hi Dan, thanx, I assume this is inclusive the Typhoon H? As I already have the "H", can I buy you tether separate. and what is the price?

Thanks for reaching out, to answer your question; the price will range between $3,500 - $4,500 depending on the options, the tether comes with a special battery emulator unit that replaces the existing battery and has a connector for the tether. The replacement unit contains a small backup battery that will have enough juice to land the craft if power is cut or lost. The system will be shipping before the end of the year. Since you mentioned sports as your industry, you might be interested in this video I captured earlier this year of a lacrosse game I filmed along side someone who had a pole camera.

not really interesting :) what happens when
Backgrounds_Two_birds_on_a_rope__blue_background_107270_.jpg

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Hi, I got this response from Hoverflytech and asked them: "Hi Dan, thanx, I assume this is inclusive the Typhoon H? As I already have the "H", can I buy you tether separate. and what is the price?

Thanks for reaching out, to answer your question; the price will range between $3,500 - $4,500 depending on the options, the tether comes with a special battery emulator unit that replaces the existing battery and has a connector for the tether. The replacement unit contains a small backup battery that will have enough juice to land the craft if power is cut or lost. The system will be shipping before the end of the year. Since you mentioned sports as your industry, you might be interested in this video I captured earlier this year of a lacrosse game I filmed along side someone who had a pole camera.
The tearther itself will cost 2000$ Is the cable made of pure gold?

Obviously an expensive business investment, so you would need at least some guarantee of business sufficient enough to justify the purchase. If your niche was sports, it would be great.

Hmm... interesting but could not actually find a video showing this working in flight......seems odd they would not have a demo video. Makes me wonder how well it works if they do not even have a company flight demo......

Hoverfly Power Tether connected to yuneec typhoon H in flight

Sure. But I can't imagine 150 ft of even light gauge insulated wire weighing THAT much less than a battery.

I don't know though. I'm just guessing.

Actually, using the right stuff it can be lighter. A lot of tethered applications use an extremely strong and thin line. Smaller and stronger that what's used for kite boarding, for tether support with power wires either sheathed inside the line or fixed to the outside. Most are aerospace products but I suppose an enterprising company could obtain them if they tried hard enough. They can transmit more than enough electrical power to handle a multirotor for >500'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tether idea really is interesting. I am wondering what the weight would be on 100 foot of tether? I'm also wondering how it would affect the weight and balance of the hexa copter. It is a good idea though.

So let me get this straight. It would cost $4000.00 to turn a $1900.00 drone into a kite???? :confused:..You can go to Walmart, buy yourself a Kite, string and save yourself $5890.00..:D

Well, you (third person you) aren't very bright if you don't survey your flight plan/area before you fly and get hung up on lines/wires. Especially considering the cable is only 150' long...

not really interesting :) what happens when
Backgrounds_Two_birds_on_a_rope__blue_background_107270_.jpg

Obviously an expensive business investment, so you would need at least some guarantee of business sufficient enough to justify the purchase. If your niche was sports, it would be great.
Sure, all investments are based on a calculated revenue! :D

So let me get this straight. It would cost $4000.00 to turn a $1900.00 drone into a kite???? :confused:..You can go to Walmart, buy yourself a Kite, string and save yourself $5890.00..:D

Trying to decode the math...is it 5900 minus 10 for kite?:eek:

I think it has its uses but the price tag is huge! Having an umbilical hanging out the back doesn't do much for the 360 degree camera either so your video angles are restricted to in front only.
Yes...very! I still think the idea is sound. Any specialized piece of equipment is always costly because they know it wont fly off the shelf.

Bill W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop