Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intermittent Yaw after 3.03 update

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a very slow and sometimes changing speeds on their yaw control after the 3.03 update?
I noticed right away that the yaw speed has been slowed down since the update, but I was also having issues when I would have the yaw pushed hard right or left, it wouldn't turn at all or a very slow crawl.
I opened up the output monitor by double tapping by the battery meter and noticed that when I would push a hard right or left on the yaw, the output would not be consistent.
Another issue is that sometimes there is a slight drift. Not just a drift, but the copter starts to twitch in a direction as though it is trying to stay in one place, but is causing it to drift more.

I noticed that there is a 3.04. I haven't upgraded yet, but hopefully that will help. Although, I am wondering if this an ST-16 issue instead of in the bird.

You should install the update before you fly again and then test it. I have not noticed the difference in the yaw, but I haven't paid much attention either.

Has anyone experienced a very slow and sometimes changing speeds on their yaw control after the 3.03 update?
I noticed right away that the yaw speed has been slowed down since the update, but I was also having issues when I would have the yaw pushed hard right or left, it wouldn't turn at all or a very slow crawl.
I opened up the output monitor by double tapping by the battery meter and noticed that when I would push a hard right or left on the yaw, the output would not be consistent.
Another issue is that sometimes there is a slight drift. Not just a drift, but the copter starts to twitch in a direction as though it is trying to stay in one place, but is causing it to drift more.

I noticed that there is a 3.04. I haven't upgraded yet, but hopefully that will help. Although, I am wondering if this an ST-16 issue instead of in the bird.

What happens when you work the stick around really fast first? Not in flight, but when booted up. My left stick behaves this way often but I've realized it's probably dust causing it. As part of preflight, I work my left stick back and forth rapidly about four times then go to the double tap monitor. I check it in both speed positions and check to see equal low percentage in turtle vs equal full percentage value in rabbit mode.

After first lift off and in stationary low hover, I check yaw response in turtle mode again and if it seems slow to respond, I do the rapid left right left stick flicks again and that usually gets it.
I'm not afraid to test a drones responses by doing quick radical stick inputs and make it "dance" to see how it is behaving. It's a potentiometer after all and rapid full stick motions clean the contacts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss