Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

iOS App update includes FPV Mode & Joystick control

Hello to all,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the new software update for the Breeze app that ads the FPV and joystick controller has some major bugs in it. I got one of the first Breeze quads to arrive in the US and have been thrilled with it up to now. I fly the Breeze with a Moto G4 which I have used for approximately 50 flights prior to the new software update, or perhaps I should save multiple updates (there have been three in the last couple of days). The new app has basically turned my Breeze into a $500 paperweight. It now flies for about two minutes and then disconnects from the wifi and refuses to reconnect. On the plus side the fail safe software does bring the Breeze back to the takeoff spot where it hovers until the battery reaches low cutoff and then lands. After three lengthy phone calls to Yuneec they finally told me I would be contacted by the Breeze Project Manager with in the next 48 hours (24 hours ago) and that I was not the only person experiencing this problem. If you have installed the new updated software on you smartphone I would certainly conduct a test flight in an open area before risking anything around people. I will only add that the problem seems to occur after I switch from video mode to still mode but to be honest I don't think it has any thing to do with the problem. I will keep you posted on what Yuneec comes up with.

Old Man Photograper

Hello ZhinGket,

Yuneec asked me to return my Breeze and it should arrive to them on Wednesday, in the meantime I noticed my phone gone yet another update to the Breeze software. I also conducted a test of my wifi on a non internet connected device (namely my Canon video camera and it had not troubles whatsoever in wifi and record modes) so I am guessing that it is still the new FPV update that is causing my problem and not the phone. Keep you posted as to what Yuneec has to say.

Old Man Photograper

Would be interested in knowing if in fpv mode, how do you adjust the camera tilt angle. Perhaps the D-pad on the controller? Love to hear from someone who has tried it out. Thanks.
Correction. the left cross button on the upper left of the controller face, controls the camea gimbal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my