Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is the "CCC mode" reliable ?

So it has 4 total speeds?

Really wish people would not post 'false information'. Here is the FACTS - I just tested them

Pushing FULL UP/DOWN makes wide changes, we are talking 5.5mph and 11mph CCC speed
While I was at 11mph (10.6-11.0) CCC I was able to feather the left stick down about 33% for a split second, this adjusted me to 10mph, did it again and it adjusted to 9mph, did it again and it adjusted to 8mph, etc etc.
While I was at 5.5mph CCC I was able to feather the left stick down about 33% for a split second, this adjusted me to 4.5mph, did it again for 3.5mph, did it again for 2.5mph, did it again for 1.5mph

MAX SPEED : 11mph
Major Speed Settings : 5.5mph and 11mph
Finer Adjustments can be achieved at 1mph increments faster or slower

Really wish people would not post 'false information'. Here is the FACTS - I just tested them

Pushing FULL UP/DOWN makes wide changes, we are talking 5.5mph and 11mph CCC speed
While I was at 11mph (10.6-11.0) CCC I was able to feather the left stick down about 33% for a split second, this adjusted me to 10mph, did it again and it adjusted to 9mph, did it again and it adjusted to 8mph, etc etc.
While I was at 5.5mph CCC I was able to feather the left stick down about 33% for a split second, this adjusted me to 4.5mph, did it again for 3.5mph, did it again for 2.5mph, did it again for 1.5mph

MAX SPEED : 11mph
Major Speed Settings : 5.5mph and 11mph
Finer Adjustments can be achieved at 1mph increments faster or slower

And how far down your cable are you before you've finished monkeying around and flicking joysticks? Bottom line is it's a ridiculous implementation of the feature

Its about 3 seconds to dial in my speed. I prefer 11mph so two full UP trigger the speed I want. If someone wants 8.5 they could do a FULL UP, 33% light tap up/up/up.

. . .

2) calibrate altitude before running waypoints. Must when using low altitudes because weather pressure changes in 10-15min causing altitude to be incorrect on second/third flights

3) Curved Cable.... key word Curved... so it curves between waypoints so if there is a difference in altitude between two waypoints it could curve further below the next waypoint! Create more waypoints in-between so the cable is less curved. Other plus is camera angle and drone pan will be more fluid if using pan:follow to automate camera footage

Thank you for your interesting information (and a "like").

I think that the cause of my accident was not the pressure change (I ran the flight just stored), but the "curved cable".

I have indeed seen the H fall in curved manner, between the starting and the destination point, both within a 7 feet.

By Yuneec documentation not obtained the 'information of the "cable": how did you get it?

With the experience only ?

Do you know if there is a method of calculating the curve (that is, as it will lower the H)?

I do not understand the utility of the behavior "curves", but certainly I will take.

Thanks for your patience, if you can answer at least some of my many questions.

Click GPS calibration in right side of ST16 screen
Select Accelerometer calibration

I do this before every takeoff and make sure altitude on left side of ST16 is under 6"

Thank for your informations, but, if you calibrate the accelerometer on the flight field, before each takeoff, no risks to calibrate the 'H not perfect plan ?

@Marco Falchi You are right about the curves, though I've not measured the changes in altitude yet.

The H will pass through (or very close to) each waypoint in turn, but it smooths out the journey, so it may 'swing through' a point in order to make a smooth path. I've drawn a quick illustration to show how three waypoints in a row might not produce a completely straight path.

curves.png

I *think* (but I'm not certain) that this also applies to altitude changes, so if you have a path that suddenly increases in altitude, the H may actually drop as it approaches the waypoint immediately before the rise.

I need to do some more testing, but I believe that adding two waypoints close together just before a big change in direction might allow you to make the turn sharper (and flatten out the path before and after the turn).

Reactions: Steve Carr
Note of caution: I would be very careful trying any autonomous flight modes at low altitude. The barometric pressure sensor is a rough measure of altitude. I wouldn't try using anything under 30' for this reason. If you're flying over trees or power lines I would allow even more room for a margin of error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430