Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is the H Pro worth the extra money?

Reaction score
I recently purchased the H advanced for $1070. My question is; is the H pro honestly worth the extra bones? I feel that I got a pretty good deal for the H advanced and the thought of spending an extra grand is a bit off putting. Brothers, what are your honest opinions? Shall I return the H advanced for the H pro? Thanks!

It really depend on how you will use your H. If you like to bike in the trail, stroll in the beach with an aerial footage then the Pro might be for you. If you are just simply going to fly and not care about watch me with obstacle avoidance then Advance version is good enough. Let me also remind you that the H Advance version you can buy the Realsense module as an add on to make it a pro once the module is available.

It really depend on how you will use your H. If you like to bike in the trail, stroll in the beach with an aerial footage then the Pro might be for you. If you are just simply going to fly and not care about watch me with obstacle avoidance then Advance version is good enough. Let me also remind you that the H Advance version you can buy the Realsense module as an add on to make it a pro once the module is available.
"to bike in the trail" ???? Not sure the realsense can do something for you if you are really... biking !

He'll no. Waste of my money. I'm old and will not have the H chasing me through the tree's. I'd break my neck looking back to make sure it didn't hit anything. Just a great advertising ploy from Yuneec to get all of those young wippersnappers to buy in.

He'll no. Waste of my money. I'm old and will not have the H chasing me through the tree's. I'd break my neck looking back to make sure it didn't hit anything. Just a great advertising ploy from Yuneec to get all of those young wippersnappers to buy in.

I'm also a senior, and I like technology and I like RealSense. With Smart Mode turned on with RealSense on, one can easily do Watch Me or Follow Me. With Watch Me, the camera always points at the object holding the ST16. With Follow Me, you can independently control the camera which would enable one to capture interesting video of anything in the area in proximity to the H Pro. So, much like flying in CCC, its having the H Pro in Auto Pilot mode while the pilot operates the camera and does not having to worry about the H Pro crashing into anything.

I recently purchased the H advanced for $1070. My question is; is the H pro honestly worth the extra bones? I feel that I got a pretty good deal for the H advanced and the thought of spending an extra grand is a bit off putting. Brothers, what are your honest opinions? Shall I return the H advanced for the H pro? Thanks!
Well Homer.. U got a heck of a deal. If i were you, I would enjoy my H until the realsense module comes out. Even if it cost 400 u will be ahead of the game!

Yes but the pro includes the Wizard, an extra battery, the backpack (a better design then the Advanced - more logical yet smaller) the RealSense and IPS, and the ST16 has been improved with external antennas. I got mine H for $1134 and returned it and will get the Pro. Also by waiting I'll let the bugs get worked out.

Last edited:
I'm also a senior, and I like technology and I like RealSense. With Smart Mode turned on with RealSense on, one can easily do Watch Me or Follow Me. With Watch Me, the camera always points at the object holding the ST16. With Follow Me, you can independently control the camera which would enable one to capture interesting video of anything in the area in proximity to the H Pro. So, much like flying in CCC, its having the H Pro in Auto Pilot mode while the pilot operates the camera and does not having to worry about the H Pro crashing into anything.

Amen, Bro, and I'm older than some rocks. Here's the deal for our questioner ( who I told I could not answer for him): On a money vs capability basis, no it's probably not worth the extra expense. If you enjoy what you have, maybe like to make videos, no it's not worth that grand. BUT, if you like to be on the cutting edge of this tech, if you like excitement and fun, if you like to push the boundaries, go for it, this is the best bang for your buck. The Pro is awesome, unreal, spooky at times, and more fun than that barrel of monkeys you once had. I say this as the owner of a 435HP Mustang.

Your dough, your choice. Good luck!

Reactions: yuneec53
For me, the H standard is a wonderful flying machine. Some bugs still there but it's OK.
The main weak point is the camera. Does the H pro have an improved camera ? NO !
The only missing part on my H is the IPS module (not the whole realsense) that will be available as separate part soon (less than 100$).
That"s why I think the H pro is useless for me.

For me, the H standard is a wonderful flying machine. Some bugs still there but it's OK.
The main weak point is the camera. Does the H pro have an improved camera ? NO !
The only missing part on my H is the IPS module (not the whole realsense) that will be available as separate part soon (less than 100$).
That"s why I think the H pro is useless for me.
I would like to add that if you are looking for your H to calculate a way around an obstruction then pro. The advanced is for you. In all of the modes it will stop the drone. H is my way then I will Take control back. No problem.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval