Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ISO Feedback on Typhoon H

You guys are killing me, now that we're all huffing and puffing over our day jobs, I'm interested in something Stig. Looking thru your posts here, and other posts you made, do you own an H? Serious question, no BS, just wondering. Also a secondary question, not so serious, do you wear a white closed face helmet and fire proof racing suit when you go out on your Inspire flights?

This stig guy is really something. Very odd to spend so much time on message boards for gear you hate.

You guys are killing me, now that we're all huffing and puffing over our day jobs, I'm interested in something Stig. Looking thru your posts here, and other posts you made, do you own an H? Serious question, no BS, just wondering. Also a secondary question, not so serious, do you wear a white closed face helmet and fire proof racing suit when you go out on your Inspire flights?

Yuneec replaced my camera twice and the entire ship once. so I've technically had two H and three cameras. As for my Simpson Bandit helmet and Aplinestar suit, Choice

I am a fan because it works great for me
...if you remember I was complaining lots about the camera early on - not a fan boy !!!
- I sent the camera back - got a replacement camera.
The new camera is better than my GoProH4B
The gimbal is more stable than any P I've flown.
It's got a great one piece controller.
It's got motor redundancy.
Parts are easy to swap out if ever damaged.
It's got way way better CS than the company you're a fan boy of.
I can fly it twice the winds any P could handle.
For me, there is nothing not to be a fan of it for.
I have my Nikon and Sony DSLRs and bags of glass and GoPros to understand what is expected from a camera like this, and it far exceeds my expectations.

So dodging my question, you should better learn how to use yours or go get it repaired if there a problem...

That's fine that it works for you and your hobby, The CGO3+ is far from a good camera, and I was the first person to complain about the poor quality. and I've had three of them so I've been able to make an informed opinion of a cross section of their cameras.

It's not better than a H4B, in fact compared to a H4B it lacks 3 1/2 stops of Dynamic range

The G has a better gimbal than the H

the "Great" one piece controller is part of a closed system and lacks options that the other guys have

lately that motor "Redundancy" has been having issues according to several posters here, My H was replaced due to constant 5 motor errors

Parts are was to swap out on most drones

Read the forums and the CS at Yuneec is falling by the wayside. My personal favorite was billing me a second time for parts that I not only paid for but picked up in person 2 moths previous to them charging my card a second time then taking two weeks to reverse the charge and only on threat of reporting the transaction as fraud with my CC company.

I have Nikons and Canons, glass from Nikon, Canon, Ziess, Cooke, Fuji and a few others and yes I have GoPro's I also have a few Arri Amiras and Phantom Flex's and have used Red's, Sony's and Panasonic Varicams. I am a paid consultant to several manufactures of motion picture equipment and am the technical chairperson for several industry organizations, so yes my opinions are very well rounded and come from experience in both use and testing of equipment.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
That's fine that it works for you and your hobby, The CGO3+ is far from a good camera, and I was the first person to complain about the poor quality. and I've had three of them so I've been able to make an informed opinion of a cross section of their cameras.

It's not better than a H4B, in fact compared to a H4B it lacks 3 1/2 stops of Dynamic range

The G has a better gimbal than the H

the "Great" one piece controller is part of a closed system and lacks options that the other guys have

lately that motor "Redundancy" has been having issues according to several posters here, My H was replaced due to constant 5 motor errors

Parts are was to swap out on most drones

Read the forums and the CS at Yuneec is falling by the wayside. My personal favorite was billing me a second time for parts that I not only paid for but picked up in person 2 moths previous to them charging my card a second time then taking two weeks to reverse the charge and only on threat of reporting the transaction as fraud with my CC company.

I have Nikons and Canons, glass from Nikon, Canon, Ziess, Cooke, Fuji and a few others and yes I have GoPro's I also have a few Arri Amiras and Phantom Flex's and have used Red's, Sony's and Panasonic Varicams. I am a paid consultant to several manufactures of motion picture equipment and am the technical chairperson for several industry organizations, so yes my opinions are very well rounded and come from experience in both use and testing of equipment.
Oh god, can't you just go to your "Pro" forums, you must have so much to talk about there and be more welcomed than you are here.
For one who claims to have so much $$$ of camera gear why would waste your time here on 1K piece of gear..(a toy in your stated opinion), do not you have hours to spend on the dji forums taking about all the pro matrice crashes and failures or complaining on camera forums Reds are better than Cannon..Add something useful for a change...God your like a pest.

Reactions: Rayray
If you would like to use the CGO3+ you need at least to change the lens
for example with the PixAero 3.77mm f2.8 16mp (108USD)
and hope they will update to camera so we can user a higher bitrate.

O yes if i had the money i would go for the tornade H920

Marnix

Question on changing lenses. Does this void your warranty? Also if you purchased another CGO3+, changed out the lens in that secondary unit, and had a crash unrelated to the camera, will the telemetry data show it was operating with another CGO3+?

Question on changing lenses. Does this void your warranty? Also if you purchased another CGO3+, changed out the lens in that secondary unit, and had a crash unrelated to the camera, will the telemetry data show it was operating with another CGO3+?
I my experience, Yuneec are very ok with this....it's better ask first, but I asked over the phone about re-focusing mine with Yuneec UK, and was told go ahead and do the lens if you want - no problems - no warranty issues...I just explained I had the tools and was going to follow mickyboos video on here...they didn't need 2 seconds to give an answer.

I'm with Tuna in some of his assessment. I don't believe one machine will do it all, at least not as effectively as every application demands. At this time the Inspire comes close for many things but as has been said, it's all about the camera and the X5 has to be the one for the Inspire to be all it can be. A good mirrorless or DSLR produces better 1080 than most consumer drones can do in 4k. The 4k out of a mirrorless or DSLR is simply outstanding, and why a larger machine should also be considered..

3DR's flagship for multiple applications was their X8. It really could do most anything and could carry much more payload than most quads and even the H. For serious outdoor work I would not rule out the 920. Knowing how to correctly use the equipment eliminates 98% of the issues encountered with anything, so take the time to learn and comprehend whatever it is you select.

I think the bottom line is what exactly your business is and the level of professionalism your clients require.

If you are doing basic filming the H may suite you fine. Things like car lot commercials are usually so so quality anyway. If you are doing footage of fly arounds of buildings for B roll, the H may be just fine. The H can take some really decent, stable, footage. You just need to understand the limitations.

If you are filming a commercial for a major brand I would never use an H. If you are filming a movie scene with a huge budget, I would never use an H.

If you have clients that are understanding and are not huge corporations with lots of people having to approve everything, more small businesses, the H may be just fine.

If you are on very tight deadlines and require more professional results, look elsewhere. If you have flexibility the H may work for you.

Simple as that really. i:)i

I think the bottom line is what exactly your business is and the level of professionalism your clients require.

If you are doing basic filming the H may suite you fine. Things like car lot commercials are usually so so quality anyway. If you are doing footage of fly arounds of buildings for B roll, the H may be just fine. The H can take some really decent, stable, footage. You just need to understand the limitations.

If you are filming a commercial for a major brand I would never use an H. If you are filming a movie scene with a huge budget, I would never use an H.

If you have clients that are understanding and not huge corporations, more small businesses, the H may be just fine.

If you are on very tight deadlines and require more professional results, look elsewhere. If you have flexibility the H may work for you.

Simple as that really. i:)i

Yup. There is a pretty wide gulf between "prosumer" and "pro" gear. The Typhoon H is squarely in the former camp. That's not a dig... its less than $2k so you can't really expect it to compete with gear in the $5-20,000 range

Reactions: abinder
For simple powerpoint presentations and web use the H is as good as any. For my client's if it moves and it's in focus ( I have a good camera) it covers their immediate needs. GH4/5D etc and the rate goes up accordingly. Most people think an iphone/ipad is good quality.

Agent K, I Iive in Wisconsin, why don't you drop by my editing suite and instead of talking I'll show you what I've done with various platforms. From bank commercials, agricultural shots, indoor shooting of ballet and footage which has been used for promotional purposes by drone manufacturers. Living in Wisconsin you better consider how your drone will do in the winter as well. Feel free to contact me, I've also taught Photojournalism and using drones for video and photography at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. www.michaelkienitz.com

There are many like him at several forums and their track record suggests their sole purpose is to denigrate anything non DJI. It's easier to simply choose not to engage with them. If you are pleased with what you have what else is necessary?

There are many like him at several forums and their track record suggests their sole purpose is to denigrate anything non DJI. It's easier to simply choose not to engage with them. If you are pleased with what you have what else is necessary?
I enjoy challenging them. Der_Stig_in_the-mud is always complaining about the Lens on the Typhoon H and insists he is a pro photographer but does not understand much about optics. He claimed that you could set your focus to 9" and everything would be in focus to infinity. I have shown that this is nonsense and asked him to show his results but he obviously can't. He also posted a hyperfocal calculation with CoC of .0216 mm which would cover 13 pixels! He never responded when I pointed this out.

Ummmm I have said that the Autel is a better offering and that DJI has more options. Honestly if you think the camera is good get the others and do a comparison (like I have done) and you wont be happy with the H

Agent K, I Iive in Wisconsin, why don't you drop by my editing suite and instead of talking I'll show you what I've done with various platforms. From bank commercials, agricultural shots, indoor shooting of ballet and footage which has been used for promotional purposes by drone manufacturers. Living in Wisconsin you better consider how your drone will do in the winter as well. Feel free to contact me, I've also taught Photojournalism and using drones for video and photography at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.

UWM isn't exactly know for their photo program. Now if you would have taught for UW Stout that would be another thing. (I have been brought in by Stout to teach some of their Intensive courses)

UWM isn't exactly know for their photo program. Now if you would have taught for UW Stout that would be another thing. (I have been brought in by Stout to teach some of their Intensive courses)

OH MY GOD..........how does your head fit through doorways???
It sure would be nice if all you say about yourself was true but you have never backed any of your B.S. comments up. Now find the door and let yourself out if that inflated head of yours will fit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430