Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Issues.... Long Buzzing sound, then Heat, Crash!

Reaction score
So, I was flying my bird. It took off great and took it to 400ft. I flew around for 5 min. then was going to come back home and fly around through some trees. I've had this one for 3 days and upon the descent the ST10+ started to Buzz really loud. I looked up and thought what I noticed was a blinking light on one of the motors. I sped up and when it got to the ground it almost crashed to the side. I picked her up and shut her down about 4in. off of the ground. One of the motors was extremely hot, I let it cool down and tried to get her to go up. I put her on the Yuneec case and when I tried to raise her up it fell to the side and crashed. Now it does it all the time. Any ideas? I've already created a ticket. And to boot my CGO3 busted up and now it won't respond.

So, I was flying my bird. It took off great and took it to 400ft. I flew around for 5 min. then was going to come back home and fly around through some trees. I've had this one for 3 days and upon the descent the ST10+ started to Buzz really loud. I looked up and thought what I noticed was a blinking light on one of the motors. I sped up and when it got to the ground it almost crashed to the side. I picked her up and shut her down about 4in. off of the ground. One of the motors was extremely hot, I let it cool down and tried to get her to go up. I put her on the Yuneec case and when I tried to raise her up it fell to the side and crashed. Now it does it all the time. Any ideas? I've already created a ticket. And to boot my CGO3 busted up and now it won't respond.
When you fly any new aircraft it's best to keep it reasonably low and close for the first 60-90 minutes of airtime. That is the break-in period to make certain all the components are sound. Most defective electronics will fail in the first hour of use.
Anytime you have reason to believe something may be wrong with the aircraft don't fly it. Take the props off and test everything. Connect it to the GUI and let it run the self tests and you can test each motor individually. In your case an ESC or motor has likely failed. Check under the battery in the ST10 and see if there is a sd card in the slot.
Reply back here after you have checked.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I checked the motors with the diagnostic tool and everything seemed fine after I felt the heat coming off of the motor. Everything was green so that's when I went back out to try and fly it. After the crash I came I'm a checked it again. The ST10 now makes a really loud buzz at start up sometimes but not 100% of the time. The SD card is in there. The camera is now non responsive.

Best I can tell....
You started up and 58 seconds later you got your first motor warning (7) and at the same time the motors shut off with error (12). I don't have a legend to tell me what error (7) is. Normal is (15).
Error (12) is "Emergency/killed".
About 5 minutes later you restarted....
One minute and 26 seconds later you got another motor warning.this one shows (11). At the same time the motors shut down with error code (12) again.
My guess is a motor was on it's way out and when you restarted it ended up taking out the ESC as well.
Just my guess.
Others may have more thoughts and ideas for you.
:)
Added: It doesn't tell us which motor but you'll be able to smell it.
Added: Your getting a bit low on your batteries. If your getting the low volt warning, your risking it.

Well it's been A while but my bird is finally being shipped back to me. Here is what they found...

Gimbal board failed to power on. Replaced gimbal board. Loaded firmware and fully calibrated. Noticed there was no wifi signal being broadcast from the camera. Replaced wifi board. All issues resolved. Tested tilt. Unit tested good, including all motors - cust. indicated 'possible' motor failure, but tests fine.

So don't really know what happens but I take it ut might have been the calibration or firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430